Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
i have seen ladies wearing gmt 2......look very nice.....

anyway sport series could be other models mah......not necessary be ym......

ladies wear exp 1 oso nice.....36mm just perfect....

My wife tried on the exp 1, dun look nice on her. IMO for ladies wearing 40mm watches is like wearing fashion watch, not for everyday office wear or dinner wear.

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway today kennah makan again....can only try again next week

ohlins

Reaction score
soonster said:
what about patek leh?

the more limited the production, the more likely its price will appreciate.....no matter patek, lange, panerai...

but then many companies have different understanding for LE.....some think that 10007 pcs oso LE.....while some limited to 250 pcs or 50 pcs....depends on them.....the less there is.....the demand might just go up....

Presssss

Reaction score
Hi all seniors,

I had jus discovered several fine scratches on my stainless steel bracelet 78724 boy-sized with diamond dial date-just.

It seems to me that that the bracelet is like a scratch magnet. Anyone who having the same problem as me? Can offer some advises on this matter....Any comments /advises will be greaty appreciated!
...Sob...sob.... Anyone knows how to get rid of them and prevent it from happening in furture...

Heartpain! Jus got it ard a month ago from a local pre-owned dealer... He advised me to bear with it since its jus only some minor scratches or send it for complete overhaul which includes polishing for the case and bracelet service in a few years time for $150..(6 mths warranty from the shop)

Btw had anyone send their beloved rolexes to other shops for servicing other than rolex centre?

Thanks and may all have a nice day!

Regards

ohlins

Reaction score
Presssss said:
Hi all seniors,

I had jus discovered several fine scratches on my stainless steel bracelet 78724 boy-sized with diamond dial date-just.

It seems to me that that the bracelet is like a scratch magnet. Anyone who having the same problem as me? Can offer some advises on this matter....Any comments /advises will be greaty appreciated!
...Sob...sob.... Anyone knows how to get rid of them and prevent it from happening in furture...

Heartpain! Jus got it ard a month ago from a local pre-owned dealer... He advised me to bear with it since its jus only some minor scratches or send it for complete overhaul which includes polishing for the case and bracelet service in a few years time for $150..(6 mths warranty from the shop)

Btw had anyone send their beloved rolexes to other shops for servicing other than rolex centre?

Thanks and may all have a nice day!

Regards

junior can answer oso rite.....:)

a watch is to be worn.....and to wear will definitely get scratches.....so i suggest you to bear with it.....even if u were to polish it now, you will get a few scratches in no time......

the only way not to have scratches is not to wear.......

on the other hand, you can also purchase cape cod polishing cloth from home-fix...about 8 dollars to do simple polishing....it can get rid of minor swirls ....must be careful though, if not u end up with more scratches.....bigger scratches better leave it till the 5 yr service...

when it comes to service, i rather go back to rolex singapore......trained technician with factory parts support......1 yr international warranty also....

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont worry about scratches, the more you worry, the more you get paranoid, the more likely u get scratches.

sunkist

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sub w/o date now how much huh?
1st hand and 2nd hand?
mostly is 17%??

REgards.

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
junior can answer oso rite.....:)

a watch is to be worn.....and to wear will definitely get scratches.....so i suggest you to bear with it.....even if u were to polish it now, you will get a few scratches in no time......

the only way not to have scratches is not to wear.......

on the other hand, you can also purchase cape cod polishing cloth from home-fix...about 8 dollars to do simple polishing....it can get rid of minor swirls ....must be careful though, if not u end up with more scratches.....bigger scratches better leave it till the 5 yr service...

when it comes to service, i rather go back to rolex singapore......trained technician with factory parts support......1 yr international warranty also....

i read somewhere that cape cod polishing cloth will polish SS until morror shine, so if got brushed finish better not use unless u want to convert brushed surface until mirror shine

ohlins

Reaction score
very simple.....just use tape to mask off those areas u dun wanna polish.......for brushed surfaces can use a sandpaper sponge or scrotch brite pad

Presssss

Reaction score
Hi bro pew and ohlins,

Thanks for yr prompt reply! noted with thanks, guess will have to live with the scratches till the day of a complete servicing for my watch....

Btw can anyone recommend a trustworthy rolex service technician in Singapore?....
Rolex centre quite exp ard $300 plus for a complete overhaul and refubishing of case and bracelet....so i was thinking of getting it serviced outside..i was quoted ard $150/- by a pre-owned dealer in chinatown...

Anyone have better lobang for reasonable quality and fair pricing for servicing of rolex watches?

Regards

Lim

htkm1

Reaction score
Presssss said:
Hi bro pew and ohlins,

Thanks for yr prompt reply! noted with thanks, guess will have to live with the scratches till the day of a complete servicing for my watch....

Btw can anyone recommend a trustworthy rolex service technician in Singapore?....
Rolex centre quite exp ard $300 plus for a complete overhaul and refubishing of case and bracelet....so i was thinking of getting it serviced outside..i was quoted ard $150/- by a pre-owned dealer in chinatown...

Anyone have better lobang for reasonable quality and fair pricing for servicing of rolex watches?

Regards

Lim

For scratches on the glass you can go to Rolex Center (At Orchard) and say that there are a few scratches and ask the service stuff nicely if she could ask the technician to buff the glass for you. Usually they will do it FOC if you really ask them nicely. that is what I did.

I keep saying nicely because the Uncle behind me storm into the Center and started question the lady and asking how come it's not scratch proof! I can see the lady face change but still explain the Uncle why it's not scratch proof BUT told him will charge for buffing. LOL!

I would suggest you go back to an official or authorized Rolex service center for servicing your watch. Otherwise you can you could end up like what Killtime has said.

ohlins

Reaction score
if its sapphire glass......i am not too sure if it can be polished......the material is so hard....

for acrylic.....u can use polywatch, car polish or plain toothpaste.....it works...

cheesepieman

Banned
Reaction score
ohlins said:
if its sapphire glass......i am not too sure if it can be polished......the material is so hard....

for acrylic.....u can use polywatch, car polish or plain toothpaste.....it works...
Sapphire glass.... you can't use those on the shelves stuff to polish....

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cheesepieman said:
Sapphire glass.... you can't use those on the shelves stuff to polish....

I don't think it can be polished at all, it's the next hardest thing to diamond

Presssss

Reaction score
Hello all,

Anyone knows the price for a brand new Explorer 1? My bro jus visited a pre-owned shop and he was quoted ard $5000 for a 'F' series 114720.

Though i do not knw the exact price of a brand new ones, i got a feeling that the price he quoted- $5000 was quite close to a brand new piece....i mean too exp liao for a second hand explorer 1....

Any comments or anyone jus got one from AD or any pre-owned store can advise/ air their comments?

Thanks to all and have a great weekend!

Regards
Press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.