Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

weekhiang

Master Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
its difficult to say who would give the best discount cos prices are dynamic and they also offer different prices to walk-in customers vs regular customers....

i think u can approach lee chay at peninsular or roy eastern at lucky plaza to gauge a feel of what prices they are selling....

the explorer is indeed a firm fav....no doubt about it....

HPIM1131.jpg
is that ur explorer ? ....the marker very bright....sui manz...
i think my SD the marker also not so bright... :s27:

ohlins

Reaction score
weekhiang said:
is that ur explorer ? ....the marker very bright....sui manz...
i think my SD the marker also not so bright... :s27:

yeah it's mine....haha put under direct sunlight sure very bright....but the initial brightness doesnt last.....

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
no..................

I thot it's a common practice to send the watch for free servicing just before the warranty expire?

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
its difficult to say who would give the best discount cos prices are dynamic and they also offer different prices to walk-in customers vs regular customers....

i think u can approach lee chay at peninsular or roy eastern at lucky plaza to gauge a feel of what prices they are selling....

the explorer is indeed a firm fav....no doubt about it....

HPIM1131.jpg

U should pull out the crown before taking the photo

ohlins

Reaction score
pew said:
I thot it's a common practice to send the watch for free servicing just before the warranty expire?

the warranty covers for manufacturing and parts defect....not for servicing....

ohlins

Reaction score
pew said:
U should pull out the crown before taking the photo

i prefer the look with the crown screwed in.....and the sweeping seconds hand make it a little more interesting....

weekhiang

Master Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
the warranty covers for manufacturing and parts defect....not for servicing....
oic....tot maybe can go for servicing before warranty ends next time...heh

Presssss

Reaction score
Rolex Explorer Stays

Hi to all,

Thanks to Ohlins, pew and all fellow rolex lovers for yr kind advices on my plan to get a Explorer 1... I had finally aqquired it today at a AD in town. I like it very much but guess what my mum say:

"Huh Why u buy this watch ah? Nt nice at all!" :(

Wow lau eh.....Very upset about this negative remarks on my new baby....Sorry guys just borrowing this thread to vet my anger....:s27: My dad's reply was nt bad...Simple and classic....manage to calm down after hearing it...ha...ha....

Personally, I find it simple and classic too....looks is not too busy for me and this is the main reason i decide to get this watch after much consideration. Plus its easy to read the time especially in the night :D ....compared to my DJ which i find it too bling actually...

Please share yr views on the a/mentioned issues?

Thanks to all and have a nice weekend!

Regards
Press

weekhiang

Master Member
Reaction score
Presssss said:
Hi to all,

Thanks to Ohlins, pew and all fellow rolex lovers for yr kind advices on my plan to get a Explorer 1... I had finally aqquired it today at a AD in town. I like it very much but guess what my mum say:

Wow lau eh.....Very upset about this negative remarks on my new baby....Sorry guys just borrowing this thread to vet my anger....:s27: My dad's reply was nt bad...Simple and classic....manage to calm down after hearing it...ha...ha....

Personally, I find it simple and classic too....looks is not too busy for me and this is the main reason i decide to get this watch after much consideration. Plus its easy to read the time especially in the night :D ....compared to my DJ which i find it too bling actually...

Regards
Press
Dont be sad ah....as long as u like it can already....
think sure got people will ask about the price....what is the damage like ?

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Presssss said:
Hi to all,

Regards
Press

congrats, and welcome to the club

ohlins

Reaction score
haha taste is subjective ma......anyway u wearing not ur mum wearing.....:p

congrats and have fun ....always fun to buy a new watch...

ohlins

Reaction score
current designs only from the cellini range.....there used to be osyter quartz datejust and day-date

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Oysterquartz are no longer in production and is very expensive due to the limited quantity produced, IIRC 25000 only.

Not too long ago, an Oysterquartz appeared in some auction featuring a new, never seen before quartz movement. But it was recalled as that watch was a prototype stolen from rolex. So, there might be something in the pipeline.

Presssss

Reaction score
Explorer Rocks

weekhiang said:
Dont be sad ah....as long as u like it can already....
think sure got people will ask about the price....what is the damage like ?

Ha...ha....:D i bought it at 5k plus.....heart very pain....wack all my year end payout on this watch......but worth every cent when i don it on my waist.:s13:

Have a great new year then!

Regards

maguses

Reaction score
pew said:
Now i very itchy whack an Exp 1

I also wan one! But I bought a 3K gold bracelet from tiffany to go with my blue sub already, so cannot buy the watch liao... sob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.