HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brainstorm said:
may i know is it typhoon season during late may in HK? thought its summer period !!!???

thanks

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/mustknow/information/mk_info_weat.jhtml

May to November is typhoon season.
Going to Hk at that time is heng-suai.
But luckily when I went to HK in end Sept and early Oct, it was rainy for a few days. But luckily it turned sunny for HK Disneyland.

Use the 5 day weather report as a guide. Fairly accurate.

qqspot

Reaction score
hiton said:
my guess is Kowloon if u wan shoopping like far east... Hong Kong Island more up market i guess
You are wrong, Hong Kong Island is the better place to stay and not much tourist understand the way Hong Kong people live in Hong Kong Island.

Staying in Hong Kong Island is different lifestyle from Kowloon, unless you stay in Kowloon City i have nothing to say.

qqspot

Reaction score
Nightmare87 said:
hey guys need help...thinking of going hong kong...ard apr. to Jun there....should i book thru travel agent...or do everything myself?? thanks
go free and easy lah! Everything can be done online and i have PM you regards about staying in HK

qqspot

Reaction score
ramfreak said:
hi pp,

i'm going to HK next week on SQ and staying at novotel harbourview in HK island. any places to recommend and explore???
you stay near at Wan Chai are you can go to Wan Chai computer center or The Peak at Central.

298 Computer Center & Causeway Bay SOGO and etc....

Food Go to Causeway Bay plenty like Kris Kreme Dought and Su Lu Shan Desserts

qqspot

Reaction score
Brainstorm said:
need advise. If my flight reach Macau at 00;35, still got transport to HK ? if not how to pass time untill 8:00 when the ferry start operation ? is it troublsome to travel fr Macau airport to ferry ? Because bring 2 children along.... Pls help
FERRY are 24/7

http://www.turbojet.com.hk/

qqspot

Reaction score
sinner1974 said:
Hi guys,

Anybody know is there any place to shop in new territories?

Will be staying in new territories for 2 days and afterwhich 3 days in Kowloon somewhere in March.

Any recommendation?

Thanks.
new territories.....

Tsuen Wan, Kwai Chung, Kwai Hing Area got lots of shops there....
You may want to go to Hong Kong Wetland Parks at Tin Shui Wai

Tim Sum is super cheap in N.T.

qqspot

Reaction score

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
will the waitin time for the cable car up to np 360 be long if i were to go on weekdays?

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
dont worry just bring a raincoat and you will be fine

And wear Crocs. Was a real life saver. No need to be worried or distressed by wet shoes.

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hwaa said:
will the waitin time for the cable car up to np 360 be long if i were to go on weekdays?

Depends on what kind of weekdays you are going on.
PH that falls on a weekday = long queue
Weekdays leading up to a major PH = long queue

Went on Friday before X-mas = 1hr 15min queue.
Can ask for "kay peu" (standing tickets) = stand all the way during cable car ride but can jump queue. Note: no discount for this.

You might want to try it for the novelty but I didn't enjoy NP360 and the NP village all that much. View is okay but not breath taking. If happen to be rainy or foggy -> can't see anything at all.
Can skip if you are short of time.

However, if you do go, try Cafe Rendezous (follow the overhead bridge from Citigate to a neighbouring building). Cafe food that beats Crytal Jade in Singapore at 2/3 the price.

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lowjk said:
Depends on what kind of weekdays you are going on.
PH that falls on a weekday = long queue
Weekdays leading up to a major PH = long queue

Went on Friday before X-mas = 1hr 15min queue.
Can ask for "kay peu" (standing tickets) = stand all the way during cable car ride but can jump queue. Note: no discount for this.

You might want to try it for the novelty but I didn't enjoy NP360 and the NP village all that much. View is okay but not breath taking. If happen to be rainy or foggy -> can't see anything at all.
Can skip if you are short of time.

However, if you do go, try Cafe Rendezous (follow the overhead bridge from Citigate to a neighbouring building). Cafe food that beats Crytal Jade in Singapore at 2/3 the price.

going on a normal weekday, if it's really long then i guess i'll take a bus over ... :mad:

qqspot

Reaction score
lowjk said:
And wear Crocs. Was a real life saver. No need to be worried or distressed by wet shoes.
I used to wear cros shoe in hk during summer but can be your foot got dusty sometimes...

qqspot

Reaction score
lowjk said:
I used to wear cros shoe in hk during summer but can be your foot got dusty sometimes...

Brainstorm

Reaction score
is there still ferry service over to hong kong island ? since the star ferry terminal already tear down ...... where is it shifted ? Thanks

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
Brainstorm said:
is there still ferry service over to hong kong island ? since the star ferry terminal already tear down ...... where is it shifted ? Thanks
The ferry service is still there, however u have to walk all the way to the outer islands pier to board the ferry (just outside IFC towers). Pier 7 i think.

qqspot

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.