Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwsamuel

Reaction score
boobip said:
To all Rolex Butties....here's an early Happy New Year to everyone! May new Rolies end up on our wrists this year!

I like the last part of your greeting! =:p

ohlins

Reaction score
yeah gong xi fa cai......let's wish for a rose gold daydate and a white gold daytona plus a platinum daydate as well haha

ohlins

Reaction score
plus hublot big bang and AP ROO......gong xi gong xi....

apbb2.jpg

boobip

Reaction score
Nice AP.... Big Bang looks like a design rip off from the AP IMO, but this is what I'll be rooting for this year as in investment piece besides an 'A' series Daytona....

1150895870425_PAM_00249_fr_sch.jpg

Last edited:

snowing

Reaction score
A friend just bought a new Sub-date @ Roy Dickson. Although it comes with a cert but it is noticeably lighter as compared to another piece bought in Geneva, in Swiss.

Highly suspect he just bought a parallel import. Any comments ?

Gong Xi Fa Cai.

soonster

Master Member
Reaction score
ohlins said:
plus hublot big bang and AP ROO......gong xi gong xi....

apbb2.jpg
what about the Royal Oak Offshore AP, the one with gold casing and Arnold Schwarzenegger's signature? that model looks cool

ohlins

Reaction score
boobip said:
Nice AP.... Big Bang looks like a design rip off from the AP IMO, but this is what I'll be rooting for this year as in investment piece besides an 'A' series Daytona....

well if u understand the design heritage of hublot then u will say otherwise.....and if u manage a chance to hold it in ur hands......u will understand its appeal.......pics cant do it justice at all.....

ohlins

Reaction score
snowing said:
A friend just bought a new Sub-date @ Roy Dickson. Although it comes with a cert but it is noticeably lighter as compared to another piece bought in Geneva, in Swiss.

Gong Xi Fa Cai.

roy eastern u mean..??....dickson is another store....

telling by weight .....is not a very good measure.....take a pic and show us...:p

boobip

Reaction score
ohlins said:
well if u understand the design heritage of hublot then u will say otherwise.....and if u manage a chance to hold it in ur hands......u will understand its appeal.......pics cant do it justice at all.....
Well, they (Hublot) were the very first to introduce the fusion of rubber and steel/gold concept that wowed many watch designers no doubt. To say that AP is ripping off their concept in introducing the rubber clads is actually more apt, but I feel in terms of design evolution and marketing, I'd say AP has managed to be more successful than Hublot's Big Bang for their mainstay ROO models. ROO's are still sold out anytime of the year, though I've not heard too much of Big Bangs since their launch.

huatah

Reaction score
snowing said:

Gong Xi Fa Cai.

Its either Roy Eastern or Dickson.

One is a authorised AD while the other is an ex authorised AD.

Roy Eastern that time i went to ask (about 2 weeks ago ) he told me his sub date is parallal import from hongkong. How much your frd paid ?

Huh ? U mean different Rolex Sub Date produced in different countries have different weight ? I bought mine from Hourglass Spore.

snowing

Reaction score
Sorry, its Roy Eastern. She paid six point four, z series.

Maybe can share differences between non-AD's and AD's:

1. Weight (AD's is heavier)
2. Price (One thousand diff)

Gong Xi Fa Cai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.