HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

qqspot

Reaction score
Take from TST Star Ferry to Central.
When you reach Central, you can walk along the road to IFC 2 to Hong Kong MTR Station.

TST to Wan Chai
No change at all.

rage05

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
I can recomend you a place to stay....

www.studiostudio.com.hk

If you like the place please kindly PM me and let me know!!

Only HK$350 - 400 per night 2 times cheaper then normal Hotel rates.

Best still is a Apartment!!
The rates quoted are for the whole apartment or jus a room in the apartment; how big is the apartment, is the place safe?

qqspot

Reaction score
Actually was planing to go Macau from Hong Kong tomorrow to get some 咀香園 for Chinese New Year.
咀香園 got egg roll and etc...
Found out there a outlet in Hong Kong Island also.
地址 : 香港北角英皇道 718 號 ( 地鐵鰂魚涌站 C 出口 )
電話 : 2561 0781 / 2560 5810
傳真 : 2549 0549
電郵 : sales@chuiheungyuen.com
參考資料:

http://www.chuiheungyuen.com/index.html

Last edited:

qqspot

Reaction score
_14.jpg
_03.jpg

_32.jpg

(芝麻餅)

You have to try this!!

Atelier

Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking this thread...

Just came back from my HK trip and still have some HK dollars leftover...anyone care to take them off my hands.

The going rate is S$1.00 = HK$5.07. Interested parties please pm me...thanks!

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
iso9003drx said:
Hi, i will be going to HK 5D4N in around April. So... how the weather down there? and just to check with you guys... as i was staying in this hostel ,

Mirador Hostel

Nathan Road, Mirador Mansion,13 Floor,
Kowloon, Hong Kong

What was the estiimate travel time from the airport to this hostel?

Any comment about this hostel ?

thank:).
The season in april should be spring, and weather will be around 25ºC, but sometimes could rain.

If u take a Cityflier Coach to the hotel, should be around 35 to 45mins.

Brainstorm

Reaction score
hi, anybody can help me over here ?
thinking of visiting shen zhen during my HK trip ...

1) Is it safe to DIY to shen zhen with 2 kids ?
2) Take the HK KCR to Luo wu station to get to shen zhen need to apply any visa ?
3) How to get to window of the world from Luo wu station ?
4) How much is the train fare ?

Thanks

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Brainstorm said:
hi, anybody can help me over here ?
thinking of visiting shen zhen during my HK trip ...

1) Is it safe to DIY to shen zhen with 2 kids ?
2) Take the HK KCR to Luo wu station to get to shen zhen need to apply any visa ?
3) How to get to window of the world from Luo wu station ?
4) How much is the train fare ?

Thanks
1) not sure but i went there with my gf DIY for 2 days
2) no need visa, but need to pass custom -> need to submit the exit hk paper and fill in the shenzheng paper
3) take metro to window of the world station (should be the last stop) from luo wu station for 5RMB IIRC
4) metro fare is very cheap

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah, wait this thread kanna lock woh,
btw, is it illegal to 'exchange' currency here among ourselves here???
would save $$$ for both 'seller' and 'buyer'

money change exchange rate for buying and selling got difference.
take the middle value and exchange ourselves
seller can sell foriegn currency for more. buyer can buy for more also.
of cause, provided it's not illegal...

qqspot

Reaction score
Brainstorm,

Just remember do not wear bright colour clothes. Ladies bag must be grab in front of you not at the back.
Just do not flash your money around on the streets to attract attention.

pianist1987

Reaction score
:)

will be gg HK nxt fri - tues.

day 1 -- will reach hk at 2 pm , after dropping luggage at harbourview resort will go to Citigate for shopping

day 2-- Shenzhen

Day 3 -- change hotel ( to YMCA ) then off to mongkok - ladies strt , temple street for shopping

Day 4 -- Disneyland.. one day enough?

Day 5--- Any place to shop for fashion accessories? evening - talk plane back to sg..

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
pianist1987 said:

day 1 -- will reach hk at 2 pm , after dropping luggage at harbourview resort will go to Citigate for shopping

day 2-- Shenzhen

Day 3 -- change hotel ( to YMCA ) then off to mongkok - ladies strt , temple street for shopping

Day 5--- Any place to shop for fashion accessories? evening - talk plane back to sg..
Have a nice trip! :D

huat08

Reaction score
Hi bro n sis,

would like to chk whether
1) is those goods that the factory outlet that been posted in this tread authentic one??? meaning are they water goods???If not how can be selling so cheaply??? Wondering if anyone noe would there be any good discount lately at the factory outlets at i be flying over next week...

2) New Territories is in Hk right? If i wanted to go to New Territories do i need to bring passport or sth like that?

3) Do your usually leave ur passport in the hotel room? Is it safe?

Last edited:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
huat08 said:
Hi bro n sis,

1) is those goods that the factory outlet that been posted in this tread authentic one??? meaning are they water goods???If not how can be selling so cheaply??? Wondering if anyone noe would there be any good discount lately at the factory outlets at i be flying over next week...

2) New Territories is in Hk right? If i wanted to go to New Territories do i need to bring passport or sth like that?

1. depending - some are past season, some have slight defect. very much like factory outlet here.

2. yes, still in hk, no passport needed.

3. only if there's room safe (not all hotels have) if don't have better to keep at hotel safe. normally also keep some spare cash in room safe.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pianist1987 said:

day 2-- Shenzhen

one day in Disneyland more than enough. Make sure you go weekday.

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pianist1987 said:

day 2-- Shenzhen

Day 1 - That means you will arrive at your hotel ~ 4pm.
Will take about 35 to 40 min to get to Citigate from Wanchai via MTR.
(the above is for your planning).
ps - Cafe Rendezous in the building next to Citigate/MTR station serves good and cheap food. (Zi Char stalls in SIngapore should be grateful that they are not operating in SIngapore - S$8 for prawn noodles with big fresh juicy prawns).

Day 4 - Book your tickets via credit card if possible. Bring the same card and collect your tix at the vending machine there. No queue for me at the vending machine even on Christmas Eve 2006, on a Sunday, at HK Disneyland.

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
huat08 said:
Hi bro n sis,

eh, DONT go out into the streets without any form of identification, its a law in HK that everyone have to bring their HK resident cards or passports/photocopy of passport/some form of identification for visitors. HK police do perform spot checks on the streets if they find suspicious characters.

Its a good practice to keep a photocopied passport(the page with the photo) somewhere safe, in case the passport gets lost.

huat08

Reaction score
thanks for the remainder charmander wong...ya must make a photocopy of the passprt... also will leave some money in the hotel room safe...

would also like to check whether is it more advisable to go to those factory outlet first before going to the ladies st, temple st to get those apparel stuffs???

usually where will ur ppl buy the apparel stuffs???

Last edited:

CharmanderWong

Reaction score
iso9003drx said:
As i will be going alone to HK in april 5D4N, is there anything to look for like safety and other ? And is there possible to cover the whole HK in just 5D4N?.

2. I will exchange about S$500 cash to HK doller, do you think that amount enough? As i not the type of people which fully buy, eat, buy, play.

3. Can share your trips detail for those who go 5D4N ?

4. I will be staying this hostel TWH - Tai Wan Hotel( sorry it should be a hostel, not sure why the name call hotel), any good recommend? Budget about S$40-45per night.

5. Does HK people fully speak chinese or english?

Mmmm.... so far i can only think of these question, will post more if got. Thank guy:):)
All speak cantonese, some can speak "putonghua" (chinese) / english. Few speaks all 3. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.