Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
snowing said:
Sorry, its Roy Eastern. She paid six point four, z series.

Maybe can share differences between non-AD's and AD's:

1. Weight (AD's is heavier)
2. Price (One thousand diff)

Gong Xi Fa Cai.
Gong Xi Fa Cai to her.
confirm brand new? if not the watch lighter Might because tio polish before.

pew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
boobip said:
Nice AP.... Big Bang looks like a design rip off from the AP IMO, but this is what I'll be rooting for this year as in investment piece besides an 'A' series Daytona....

1150895870425_PAM_00249_fr_sch.jpg

Californian face....I like!!

boobip

Reaction score
pew said:
Californian face....I like!!
This piece gonna set u back by about 8 grand bro.... but only if u're on the premium buyer's list.... sigh.... else no chance of getting it direct from AD.

ohlins

Reaction score
money can do wonders........if u willing to pay sure can get.......just like the ap barrichello 2.....pay premium and place deposit early.....

snowing

Reaction score
cannotliao said:
Gong Xi Fa Cai to her.
confirm brand new? if not the watch lighter Might because tio polish before.
Though it looks and feel brand new, but I don't think the polish can reduce the weight till you can really feel the difference. Is there other way to verify beside sending it to rolex center? TIA.

Ysatis

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
snowing said:
Though it looks and feel brand new, but I don't think the polish can reduce the weight till you can really feel the difference. Is there other way to verify beside sending it to rolex center? TIA.
yes polish will reduce weight...for gold bracelet 1g how much already...

huatah

Reaction score
snowing said:
A friend just bought a new Sub-date @ Roy Dickson. Although it comes with a cert but it is noticeably lighter as compared to another piece bought in Geneva, in Swiss.

Highly suspect he just bought a parallel import. Any comments ?

Gong Xi Fa Cai.
Sorry, its Roy Eastern. She paid six point four, z series.

Maybe can share differences between non-AD's and AD's:

Ur frd is a "He" or "She" ???

Anyway $6.4 is cheap .. coz i paid 7k. :s22:

Anyway for me its either AD dealer or 2nd hand shop.

$600 is like buying a piece of mind .. but rather ex.

Maybe u can take both watches and put on a digital weighing machine to confirm the disparity in weight.. n let us know the results.

paithorn

Reaction score
my advice is not to get in "AD" overseas like HK or even Europe(tax rebate)...

Reason is simple, why save a couple hundreds and take the risk of getting a fake stff?? By then you thousands of dollars all down the drain.... better to get in singapore unless you are really familiar with that country you are buying your stuff ...eg a realtive there who knows... or you are air steward, always fly to that country for last few years etc etc....

otherwise best is to get in singapore....

my 5 cents...

coltish said:
Anyone here knows any AD in hongkong???

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if buy from AD, spore is one of the best place to buy. might not the cheapest but the prices and discounts here are better than many countries.

ohlins

Reaction score
well......so long it's an AD.....overseas or local.....u r safe....

even with the price increase, still cheaper to buy in HK....

paithorn

Reaction score
oh... my point was how can you be sure that AD is the real AD in the foreign country that you are buying the Rolex unless you are very familair there or has some relatives there....

ohlins said:
well......so long it's an AD.....overseas or local.....u r safe....

even with the price increase, still cheaper to buy in HK....

ohlins

Reaction score
paithorn said:
oh... my point was how can you be sure that AD is the real AD in the foreign country that you are buying the Rolex unless you are very familair there or has some relatives there....
yeah just like what cannotliao posted....a phone call will do....

ohlins

Reaction score
not too sure about countries.....but in sg....all ADs carry a plaque to show their status......the rolex display materials and watch stands are subject to stock-take and checks....this is to prevent other dealers from getting such items....

if u observe carefully.....RE now uses generic watch stands to display rolex watches......rolex singapore most likely took back all their display materials....

paithorn

Reaction score
ohlins said:
not too sure about countries.....but in sg....all ADs carry a plaque to show their status......the rolex display materials and watch stands are subject to stock-take and checks....this is to prevent other dealers from getting such items....

if u observe carefully.....RE now uses generic watch stands to display rolex watches......rolex singapore most likely took back all their display materials....
you see my point bro... no doubt you are very knowledgable abt singapore's ADs...but once we mentiion other country, we can only guess..... my point is what if the guess is wrong? so to save a couple hundreds, in the end wasted a few thousands....

just my 5 cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.