Nokia Care Information

Dragon

Administrator
Reaction score
~~~ Nokia Careline ~~~
6822 8888
0830 - 0000hrs (Mon - Sun, including PHs)

~~~ Nokia Care Centers ~~~
Nokia Care @ Suntec City
(Enhanced Repair Service provided at this location)
No.3, Temasek Boulevard, Suntec City Mall, #02-56/58/60, Singapore 038983
Monday to Saturday: 11.00am to 8.00pm Sunday & Public Holidays: 11.00am to 5.00pm

Nokia Care @ Wheelock Place
501, Orchard Road, #03-03A, Wheelock Place, Singapore 238880
Monday to Saturday: 11.00am to 8.00pm Sunday & Public Holidays: 11.00am to 5.00pm

Nokia Care @ Century Square
2, Tampines Central 5, Century Square Shopping Centre, #04-07/08. Singapore 529509

Nokia Care @ Parkway Parade
80, Marine Parade Road, Parkway Parade, #B1-30/31/32. Singapore 449269

Nokia Care @ Causeway Point
1, Woodlands Square, Causeway Point Shopping Centre, #03-24/25/26. Singapore 738099

~~~ Nokia Care FAQ ~~~
What kind of repairs does the Nokia warranty cover?
The Nokia limited warranty provides, free of charge, repairs to your mobile phone for manufacturing defects.

What kind of damage is not covered under the Nokia limited warranty?
There are circumstances where your phone is not covered by the Nokia limited warranty. Please refer to your user guide for a full listing of these circumstances.

Why does my phone ask for a Security Code?
Nokia mobile phone models 5110, 6110, 6150, 3210, 8810 and 9110i (models released from 1998 onwards have a factory security code of 12345). This can be changed by the owner.

Unless this has been changed, the security code you need to key when asked is 12345.

All models released before the above models have their own individual security code which was included in the sales package.

This is a security feature of your phone. If this feature has been enabled and if another person places their SIM card in your phone, the phone will ask for a Security Code. If this code is unknown, the person will not be able to use your phone.

If you have changed the security code and have forgotten the new code, you will need to go to a Nokia Care Centre or an Authorised Service Centre in order to have the phone 'reset'. You will need to bring your proof of purchase and there may be a charge for this service.

Nokia's Customer Careline can assist with only the factory originating security code - you will need to fax your request together with your proof of purchase to our Care Line on 02 9274 0888.

What is the warranty period of Nokia products?
The warranty period for Nokia products cover:
a) phones, wireless data products and other accessories for 12 months from the date of purchase
b) batteries for 6 months from the date of purchase.

For further details please visit the Nokia limited warranty section under Nokia Care in our website.

I am unsure if I have a problem with my phone
Our Nokia Care Centre and Nokia Authorised Service Centre network can assist if you are unsure or believe you have a problem with you phone.

They will be able to advise you on what is wrong wth your phone and if your phone is covered under the Nokia 12 month standard warranty. As you can appreciate, if your phone has been physically damaged or has liquid ingression, it will not be covered - check with the Nokia Care Centre or the Authorised Service Centre network for further details.

Can I get my faulty accessories repaired at the Nokia Professional Centres or Nokia Care Centres?
If you have purchased the accessory from a retail outlet, you should take the faulty accessory together with your commercial invoice back to the outlet to get a replacement.

What is WAP?
WAP is Wireless Application Protocol.

WAP is an open global standard for communication between a mobile handset and Internet or other computer application. WAP-based technology enables the design of advanced, interactive and real-time mobile services, such as mobile banking or Internet based news services, which can be used in digital mobile phones or other mobile devices. The WAP specification enables solutions from various equipment suppliers to work consistently for end-users on the digital networks.

WAP designates an extension of an Internet service bringing you information, services or products wherever and whenever you want. The symbol guarantees that the service will comply with Wireless Application Protocol, the advanced underlying technology making mobile services and products possible. WAP can truly change the way you communicate, work, buy and live. It is associated with the hottest innovations, services, entertainment, leading brands and latest technology - so keep your eyes open for some interesting developments.

For more information, please see related websites at:
www.nokia.com
www.forum.nokia.com

How long will it take to repair my mobile phone in the Nokia Care outlets?
If the defect in the phone is not serious in nature, the Nokia Care outlet should be able to repair and return your phone to you within 1 hour. If the fault is more complex, a longer time may be required. The technician or Customer Service staff will be able to advise you in more detail during your visit.

Where can I purchase a Nokia Mobile Phone - Does Nokia sell phones direct?
You will need visit your nearest mobile phone retailer; listings can be found in the Yellow Pages and your local newspaper.

What happens if my phone is stolen or I lose my phone?
You will need to contact your service provider and let them know whether you wish your service to be cancelled; as with theft of any item, your local Police station should be notified.

Where can I go to check if my phone battery is faulty or not?
You can bring your battery to any Nokia Care Centre to check the condition of your battery.

Last edited:

4xtemujin

Reaction score
I've called the Nokia Careline 6822 8888 and it seems that this is an outsourced call centre.

The lady on the line with me sounds European and not local and she's just keying in my repair tracking number and saying the same things which I can easily do by also keying in my tracking number in the below mentioned link.

http://repairstatus.nokia.com.sg/

Nokia is not taking care of the after sales repair of their handphones.

These telephone numbers are more useful.

zvs said:
NCC new no.
Parkway parade: 63466589
Suntec: 68357537
Wheellock: 65125778

Last edited:

Rain4ever

Reaction score
What is the warranty period of Nokia products?
The warranty period for Nokia products cover:
a) phones, wireless data products and other accessories for 12 months from the date of purchase
b) batteries for 6 months from the date of purchase.

For further details please visit the Nokia limited warranty section under Nokia Care in our website.

Some of the warranty cards had change the warranty period for some of the Nokia products.
If not wrong, only the phones are covered for 12 months warranty whereas others like ur headsets, batteries are covered for 6 months. (For those newly bought phones, coz i noticed that some warranty card only give 6 months for accessories, headsets and batteries but those that bought early last year are covered for 12 months). Gotta check carefully before u make a trip down to NCC to exchange accessories otherwise u are wasting ur trip there.

yellowcoral

Reaction score
BEWARE - this happens to me

~~~When u purchase handphone set with shops, pls open the boxes and check all accessories and hanphone and make sure that it's local set, ie not for other country market~~~

I bought 3 sets of N73 from Singtel in Dec '06. After a few uses, my headset was deaf on one side. On 01 Apr '07, I finally make time to Nokia Care centre at Wheelock Place. They tell me that there's no stock and they will call me again when there's stock. 2 mths later on 07 Jun, they finally call me to say that my headset is available for collection. So on 10 Jun, I had to make time, no matter what other appointment I have (course my warranty would expire after this date), to collect the headset. After queueing for hours, they tell me that they cannot change my headset because my headset is not local set (it's in chinese, probably for Taiwan or China). I should go back to my supplier.

[size=+0][/size]
[size=+0]Now I find this really ridiculous. Would you? (if they told me on 01 Apr, I would have thought it was a joke!!) The headset that I have, come with the handphone set that I bought from Singtel which is supplied by Nokia and they told me they cannot exchange the headset with me!!!!! I was so dumbfounded. I went back to Singtel. (Now, I go all the way from wheelock place to Westmall where I bought my handphone.) They told me that the headset they supplied is not what I have, holding in my hand. Now what can I do? Both side denied that they sell the headset to me. Both Nokia and Singtel logistic thinks that I bought this headset from somewhere else and ask them for exchange. How ridiculous can they get? Am I stupid or what? (Maybe they think that I am Stupid.) But may I ask, who would buy a headset (from flea market) and ask Nokia for replacement? Who would spend so much time queueing in Nokia and singtel shop on Sunday just to change a headset. I think I have better use of my time. (Go out shopping. It's Great Singapore Sales!.) Now Nokia does not want to change my not working headset, Singtel propose that I buy another headset and they would give me a discount. I mean who would want to buy another headset when you have 3 at home? Unless there are some crazy fellows who collects headset "haha". Don't you agree that it's so ridiculous.[/size]

[size=+0][/size]
[size=+0]Anyway, pls do check your box and make sure that all items is for local market. If not, there's no warranty for you (Now, this is really news to me). After being faithfuly Nokia and Singtel user for yrs, I get this problem. So unlucky. (maybe I forget to pray to my ancestors). I feel so cheated and dissappointed.[/size]

Last edited:

klteo

Reaction score
Yes. their repair centre is worst.

I bought 6110 on 16th Jun 2007.
20th Jun, I send in the phone for firmware update / and reformat of Memory card.
21st Jun, got another set back (different IMEI), they exchange a faulty set with slider problem, flicking set.
went down on 22nd Jun, insisted they only change the mainboard. said will solve the slider problem.
24th Jun, corrupted memory card, "hanging" problem.
25th Jun 2007, went down and scold them upside down. exchanging a brand-new set with faulty set. then they change the faulty set with a new set again, but will have to wait for the stupid engineer to test the set. told to collect on 26th jun.

26th Jun 2007, went down to collect. After collecting, test phone, missing Singapore / Malaysia Map. Return again to input MAp. test again. Key sync problem, return again.

So be careful, make sure you collect back the same IMEI phone back, or if they replace , make sure that everything is working fine, before leaving.

Their after sales / repair centre is totally S**K.

cowfart

Reaction score
"Enhanced Repair Service provided at this location"

What is Enhanced Repair Service?

yocoolboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mobile_Crazy said:
nokia care centre sucks. Their after sales not very good......

not very good? ahaha. i think it's not even good.

if poor's the worst standard for a service centre, then i reckon it would be INSULTING to use the word POOR on Nokia's SCs, because they simply cant make it.

octacon

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mobile_Crazy said:
maybe they enhance the repair service........

I send my N73 for repair on 06-Aug , on 07-Aug ,one lady from Nokia care called , excuse for delay repair : N73 parts out of stock. Seems like N73 alot of problem . Until now no one call , I pay a visit and pwned the one of the service personnel . Somemore have the cheek to tell me 20-aug will call me . Call me for what? Can't even get my phone repaired , seems like Nokia handphone is dropping in standard both in phone performance and support.

yellowcoral

Reaction score
nokia vs sony ericsson

how is sony ericsson service centre compared to nokia?
it seems tt more nokia user is switching to sony ericsson.
i actually had my eyes on N95, but after such unfortunate incident, i really have no trust in nokia anymore. i hope K850 will come out soon. i think i'll buy 4 sets. ^_^
my dad would love it very much!
The N73 i bought for my dad seems to be quite lag. I feel so shame. I'll buy K850 to make it up to him... i hope it's good. ;)

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hiz,

actually....for s/w issues....its better for u not to bring it down to NCC....i tink its a total waste of time....

try getting the data from fellow users....s/w upgrade....do it urself @ home....

juz my 3 cents worth of advice....onli go there if ur hardware is faulty....

Wormie

Reaction score
Whose table (b*lls) should I bang

I bought Nokia 5070 on 21 aug. Used few days, did not even drop but 6 days later on 27 aug developed a line of broken pixel across the screen

brought to MP NCC told need to change screen. Attempts to get new replacement failed. told to collect in the on the same evening

Went to collect in the evening, was told not ready. Worst counter girl asked who ask me to collect!! Told her that was told in the morning and showed her the letter with the time of collection clearly written. She then went to check and told that screen not available, will need few days. I commented that why they did not bother to call me, as usual looked blur :s31:

Today 3 Sep still waiting for call. Checked repair status, not ready. :s27:

Where is the best place to bang b*lls, oops I mean table - nokia main complaint line or the service centre? Hoping to get a replacement ;)

yellowcoral

Reaction score
point to note:

1. always take down name of who call you and at what date and time. ask them to spell name if u not sure.

2. if counter staff cannot solve yr problem, try asking for a higher authority person, ie, manager

^_^

eLeCtRotEcH

Reaction score
nokia main complaint line or the service centre????? Hoping to get a replacement ?????
I had the same experience.Complaint line is a load of crap.Does not solve anything.Also will not transfer u to any centre manager.As for service centre,u should go WHeelock(main).Do not even bother to queue,just ask the info counter to send out either the manager or the supervisor.Say u do not intend to queue."BANGING" table at Wheelock will be much better.

cowfart

Reaction score
4xtemujin said:
I've called the Nokia Careline 6822 8888 and it seems that this is an outsourced call centre.

The lady on the line with me sounds European and not local and she's just keying in my repair tracking number and saying the same things which I can easily do by also keying in my tracking number in the below mentioned link.

http://repairstatus.nokia.com.sg/

Nokia is not taking care of the after sales repair of their handphones.

These telephone numbers are more useful.
Originally Posted by zvs
NCC new no.
Parkway parade: 63466589
Suntec: 68357537
Wheellock: 65125778
May I add that 67877509 for the century square outlet to the list.

At least this was the number they called me with to say that my set was ready for collection

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.