Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohlins

Reaction score
34 compared to 19.....sigh.......:(

when i was 19......never tot of rolex watches......rolex to me at 19 was about tt datejust with jubilee bracelet.......most uncles' fav....:)

woodsteel23

Reaction score
My Rolex

Hi guys, can I jump into this thread at such a late stage?
I just bought myself a vintage 5513 Sub, it arrived last month and I'm completely thrilled with it!
It came in much better condition than I expected and I'm currently hunting down a nice suitable leather strap for it.

5513001.jpg

Next up is a minty pre-owned Sea Dweller that I bought for a song locally, picking it up today, can't hardly wait!

boobip

Reaction score
coltish said:
all bros/sis here like to share what watch collection you got?

myamigoseo1.jpg

My collection over 2 years :D

Looking at a TT Sub with blue dial or exp for my next target.

Last edited:

boobip

Reaction score
Fwah.... good lord... 19 years old and wearing a Rolex? U're fortunate mate... I couldn't even afford a Tag Heuer F1 when I was 19 years old. By your 30's, u'll prob be wearing an AP or Patek.

ohlins

Reaction score
nice to see these pics and also how u guys started off......always good to share share......

so far this is my best deal.......:)

DSC01403.jpg

for quite some time, after having a few ss watches, i began to look at tt options......full gold too much so half gold shd be alrite mah haha.....

first choice was blue sub....16613....that rich blue dial is amazing and matches very well with the 18kt yg....

if u surf the watch forums u shd know that last yr rolex followed up on the 116718 with the tt gmt 2.....of cos lah see pic quite nice but still cant appreciate how it looked on the wrist...

i first saw the tt gmt 2 when i went up to KL to catch the motogp.......sat itself decided to miss the qualifying and went to KLCC.......there it was at the hour glass showcase......first look quite nice....haha....but still undecided lah....

a couple of weeks later on sat.....decided to visit my usual hour glass outlet.......kaypo asked the salesperson....."u have the new tt gmt 2"........wahaha just my luck they have 1 piece.....the other piece at peninsular outlet......so total 2 pieces arrived on thurs.....

the 1 piece was supposed to be reserved for one customer......but that guy yet to pay.....so i asked him to call his colleague if that customer really booked the watch.........fortunately it was reserved for viewing only....

next thing of cos was to ask the price......12k+.............so discount how much???? 15% lor.......haha....mai tu liao......i think think........new piece where got give 15%.......ok lah......after considering for 20 mins........i buy lah....

that was in oct i think........basel fair was apr......watch arrived in oct......quite fast lah.......

DSC00922-0107.jpg

hope u like the short story haha.....

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
unker ohlins rich sia~ nice watch by the way.
wonder somebody here got PANERAI(sorry to ask, coz this is not ROLEX)...

coltish

Banned
Reaction score
ohlins said:
nice to see these pics and also how u guys started off......always good to share share......

so far this is my best deal.......:)

DSC01403.jpg

for quite some time, after having a few ss watches, i began to look at tt options......full gold too much so half gold shd be alrite mah haha.....

first choice was blue sub....16613....that rich blue dial is amazing and matches very well with the 18kt yg....

if u surf the watch forums u shd know that last yr rolex followed up on the 116718 with the tt gmt 2.....of cos lah see pic quite nice but still cant appreciate how it looked on the wrist...

i first saw the tt gmt 2 when i went up to KL to catch the motogp.......sat itself decided to miss the qualifying and went to KLCC.......there it was at the hour glass showcase......first look quite nice....haha....but still undecided lah....

a couple of weeks later on sat.....decided to visit my usual hour glass outlet.......kaypo asked the salesperson....."u have the new tt gmt 2"........wahaha just my luck they have 1 piece.....the other piece at peninsular outlet......so total 2 pieces arrived on thurs.....

the 1 piece was supposed to be reserved for one customer......but that guy yet to pay.....so i asked him to call his colleague if that customer really booked the watch.........fortunately it was reserved for viewing only....

next thing of cos was to ask the price......12k+.............so discount how much???? 15% lor.......haha....mai tu liao......i think think........new piece where got give 15%.......ok lah......after considering for 20 mins........i buy lah....

that was in oct i think........basel fair was apr......watch arrived in oct......quite fast lah.......

DSC00922-0107.jpg

hope u like the short story haha.....
CHIO CHIO CHIO!!! All pls share photos......

Got a Speedmaster, Airking 14000M,Oris,Tag
- Will put up my photos asap

Future Plans - IWC Mark, 15200 or a Railmaster........
Anyone got 2nd lobang for these , pls keep me posted.......

boobip

Reaction score
sevensomerset said:
unker ohlins rich sia~ nice watch by the way.
wonder somebody here got PANERAI(sorry to ask, coz this is not ROLEX)...
I've got a Panerai Base 112. As this is a Rolex thread, please PM me if you wanna know more about Pannys. ;)

boobip

Reaction score
Excellent story Ohlins... yes yes, I agree that sometimes u need to make a quick decision to get the watch that sings to you. Many a times, I've let the watches of my desire slip me by because of considerations, considerations and considerations. I've got my sights set on this GMT2 also, heard that it's 24 hour hand adjustment is much more robust and has the latest movement that makes use of ball bearings?

Was on a flight back and sat next to this gentleman with a TT Subdate BlueDial and found my sights drawn to his watch for most of my flight.... and I thought to myself... it's time to add some 'colour' to my collection. How apt that coltish pointed out that my collection consists mostly of black dials... I'm hooked on the twotones for now... gonna save up for that in a coupla months.

And yeap, that is my faithful Sea Dweller 16600 sitting beside my Panerai Base 112H, IWC GST Aquatimer 3536-1, and the speedmaster....my first evar luxury watch.

Last edited:

boobip

Reaction score
coltish said:
CHIO CHIO CHIO!!! All pls share photos......

Got a Speedmaster, Airking 14000M,Oris,Tag
- Will put up my photos asap

Future Plans - IWC Mark, 15200 or a Railmaster........
Anyone got 2nd lobang for these , pls keep me posted.......
Top Hour at lucky plaza has a piece of IWC Mark XV, Passions has a piece of IWC Mark XII with JLC movement posted recently (dunno if it's still available), u might wanna check them out. If memory serves me correctly, I did see a Railmaster at JW stuck there for a couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.