LATEST RMA instructions for Various HDD Brands

daniel0ng

Reaction score
TS, i think the WD HDD has another distributor right? TSR if i'm not wrong, and have to bring down personally compared to mailing in.

Last edited:

redno

Reaction score
spyder79 said:
How do RMA my Maxtor HDD ?

i did a RMA online, the website tell me to send back to Penang !!

Anyway that i can do it locally ?

the shop that i got the HDD from, closed down liao, my warranty left abt 3mth..

any1 can help ??

Thanks

Maxtor HDD has a few local distributors.. you have to call the number listed in the first thread and find out who is your distributor and go to their place to RMA.

redno

Reaction score
daniel0ng said:
TS, i think the WD HDD has another distributor right? TSR if i'm not wrong, and have to bring down personally compared to mailing in.

hmm.. would you know the name the of the agent.. I just went to WD to RMA my hdd recently.. so I dont think there is another agent.. unless it is a distributor... which may go back to the main agent in chai chee in bedok.

chaostriax

Reaction score
for maxtor harddisk under esys, you can fillup a rma at my.seagate.com and bring it to seagate at changi, address is the same as the first post under seagate.
Not sure how long it will take and no 1 to 1

yash99

Reaction score
Anyone knows the number to Seagate?

Online Warranty check shows that I have a full 5 year warranty. but when I tried to RMA, the website says that it's out of warranty.

I need to speak to them to confirm the status..

Also, can I rma a Seagate HDD to Achieva even if they ask me to RMA @ Changi?

redno

Reaction score
yash99 said:
Anyone knows the number to Seagate?

Online Warranty check shows that I have a full 5 year warranty. but when I tried to RMA, the website says that it's out of warranty.

I need to speak to them to confirm the status..

Also, can I rma a Seagate HDD to Achieva even if they ask me to RMA @ Changi?

nope.. only seagate hdd distributed thru Achieva can go thru them...

As for the seagate hdd, the number to call...I forgot ...

starshine

Reaction score
Avoid Maxtor unless the warranty is directly supported by Seagate in Singapore.

I had a faulty Maxtor HDD which is just one year old. Was being tossed from one distributor to another for warranty claim. The distributor which was supposed handle the warranty said that Maxtor has discontinued their distributorship. After about a week's calling here and there and couple of visits to different distributors, I managed to send the disk to Malaysia for a $20 fee through another distributor. Eventually I received a refurbished replacement (no complaints there), but the whole process was so troublesome.

One more point about Seagate's 5 year warranty. The warranty starts from the date that HDD leaves Seagate (not the date that you purchased it). This was confirmed by Seagate.

redno

Reaction score
whiteknight2803 said:
if rma maxtor disc now
it is changi ups house
seems like they update their database

Can anyoe also confirm that Maxtor HDD is now under Seagate coverage before I update the thread?

Thansk

spyder79

Master Member
Reaction score
redno said:
Can anyoe also confirm that Maxtor HDD is now under Seagate coverage before I update the thread?

Thansk

Yes,i just rma thru seagate.

u can register thru my.seagate.com

Send by hand or post to UPS Changi South

Take note, if you send by post, UPS have some form of agreement with singpost that they only take mails on Wed...

once they get it, mine too only 1 day from penang to reach me... using UPS

saragota

Reaction score
My Hitachi H/disk warranty is by Acecom. Do I RMA by sending back to acecom or send back to Hitachi Global Storage Technologies ?

Valence

Reaction score
RMA

Just did my RMA today over at Acecoms. Service was good and 1:1 on the spot. RMA my western D hard disk twice. Location was far away from MRT and the block is quite obscure.

Jing Ren

Reaction score
RMA for Maxtor HDD

Actually there is an AceCom outlet at Sim Lim Square, 6th floor I tink. They manage Hitachi and Maxtor HDD. Call this number to find out: 6353-7767. Very smooth, very fast, 1-1 exchange . but must produce warranty card and receipt. I personally prefer to buy HDD distributed by AceCom because of this. Usually buy from Bell in Sim Lim.

Last edited:

lindsay

Reaction score
starshine said:
Avoid Maxtor unless the warranty is directly supported by Seagate in Singapore.

I had a faulty Maxtor HDD which is just one year old. Was being tossed from one distributor to another for warranty claim. The distributor which was supposed handle the warranty said that Maxtor has discontinued their distributorship. After about a week's calling here and there and couple of visits to different distributors, I managed to send the disk to Malaysia for a $20 fee through another distributor. Eventually I received a refurbished replacement (no complaints there), but the whole process was so troublesome.

One more point about Seagate's 5 year warranty. The warranty starts from the date that HDD leaves Seagate (not the date that you purchased it). This was confirmed by Seagate.
If the seagate hdd bought recently is an old stock, then wouldn't it be out of warranty faster. Since the hdd left Seagate much earlier than the time we purchased it. Esp for those 80GB hdd.

Sorry, I know that this thread was started years ago (2003). Just that I wanted to buy an 80GB hdd so worried that I will have rma problem during it's 3rd yr when there could be high probability of it getting spoilt.

Illusivez

Reaction score
hi , my 120gb hitachi died on me without warning last 2 weeks. I ignored it since it's now a storage disk despite being 2.5" portable. finally decided to rma it

need advice on what is ESD bag and how to purchase it

Hitachi Global Storage Technologies
Singapore, Pte Ltd, Returns Dept.
31 ALPS Avenue, #03-00
SINGAPORE 498784
SINGAPORE

any idea on how to go there (from bukit batok interchange)? I will go there personally if it's better than by post.

redno

Reaction score
Illusivez said:
hi , my 120gb hitachi died on me without warning last 2 weeks. I ignored it since it's now a storage disk despite being 2.5" portable. finally decided to rma it

need advice on what is ESD bag and how to purchase it

Hitachi Global Storage Technologies
Singapore, Pte Ltd, Returns Dept.
31 ALPS Avenue, #03-00
SINGAPORE 498784
SINGAPORE

any idea on how to go there (from bukit batok interchange)? I will go there personally if it's better than by post.

Did you tried calling the number provided by one of the HWZer in thread reply #76. Acecom can RMA your HD at SLSD, if it is not convenient for you to go to the distributor directly.

As for yr question on the ESD bags, whether you buy HDD, it is those shiny silver plastic bag that wrapped around the HDD. You can get plenty of those in SLS. Alot of shops throw away these bags outside their shops after selling HDDs.

redno

Reaction score
lindsay said:
If the seagate hdd bought recently is an old stock, then wouldn't it be out of warranty faster. Since the hdd left Seagate much earlier than the time we purchased it. Esp for those 80GB hdd.

Sorry, I know that this thread was started years ago (2003). Just that I wanted to buy an 80GB hdd so worried that I will have rma problem during it's 3rd yr when there could be high probability of it getting spoilt.

no worry.. as long as the warranty is valid, they will honour it.
I have a 20Gb HDD and it spoilt a few ahead of its warranty, send down to Seagate for RMA. They send me a new one with extended warranty for another 0.5 year somemore.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.