HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

lightfinger

Reaction score
qqspot said:
lightfinger, There will be no lockers at City Gate if i am not wrong.

What about Disney? Cos it's a little duh for me to lug the stuff bk to accomodation, then bk to Disney again =:p

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lightfinger said:
What about Disney? Cos it's a little duh for me to lug the stuff bk to accomodation, then bk to Disney again =:p

OR do what I did on X'mas eve 2006.
Go to Disneyland 1st. Have fun till about 4pm.
Go to Citygate to shop & eat.
Come back in time for the fireworks. (you don't want to miss it; seen it before but every time I see it, it seems so surreal and magical -> Singapore NDP fireworks sucks compared to this).

lightfinger

Reaction score
lowjk said:
OR do what I did on X'mas eve 2006.
Go to Disneyland 1st. Have fun till about 4pm.
Go to Citygate to shop & eat.
Come back in time for the fireworks. (you don't want to miss it; seen it before but every time I see it, it seems so surreal and magical -> Singapore NDP fireworks sucks compared to this).

Sounds like a gd idea, will try it this time, thanks bro!

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lightfinger said:
Sounds like a gd idea, will try it this time, thanks bro!

Make sure you get the timing for the firework show.
Ensure that you have your hand stamped for re-entry to the park and don't lose the admission tickets.
Give yourself 20 min to get from Citigate to Disneyland Main Street.
Enjoy the fireworks - especially nice if you are holding hand with wife or gf (it's really romantic even with thousands of others around you - much nicer than the "romantic" but filthy city of Paris IMHO). :s13:

ps - do you know anyone born in 1997 - there's an offer of a free 1 year pass.
http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/...ting?name=SpecialOffersHKSAR10AnniversaryPage

lightfinger

Reaction score
lowjk said:
Make sure you get the timing for the firework show.
Ensure that you have your hand stamped for re-entry to the park and don't lose the admission tickets.
Give yourself 20 min to get from Citigate to Disneyland Main Street.
Enjoy the fireworks - especially nice if you are holding hand with wife or gf (it's really romantic even with thousands of others around you - much nicer than the "romantic" but filthy city of Paris IMHO). :s13:

ps - do you know anyone born in 1997 - there's an offer of a free 1 year pass.
http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/...ting?name=SpecialOffersHKSAR10AnniversaryPage

Alrite, will not miss the firework show, hope I don't lug too much stuff from CityGate tho... the fireworks will be a highlight for sure for wifey... hope it'll be better than the Paris one!

btw, I noticed there are bits & pieces of info on where to eat, can anyone advise a list of places (in English, cos sad to say, I struggle with my Chinese) to eat in Mong kok, Wan Chai and CityGate area. Budget's probably abt $40 for 2 pax each meal bah... I struggled with a few of the websites in Chinese with no English translation =:p

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lightfinger said:
Alrite, will not miss the firework show, hope I don't lug too much stuff from CityGate tho... the fireworks will be a highlight for sure for wifey... hope it'll be better than the Paris one!

btw, I noticed there are bits & pieces of info on where to eat, can anyone advise a list of places (in English, cos sad to say, I struggle with my Chinese) to eat in Mong kok, Wan Chai and CityGate area. Budget's probably abt $40 for 2 pax each meal bah... I struggled with a few of the websites in Chinese with no English translation =:p

I like the HK Disney fireworks because of the nice background music and the fact that it happens over the Cinderella castle.

In HK, I read mainly the last few words of the chinese menu (the first few are usally flowery descriptive terms) which describes the dish. Eg the first few words may say "Delicious Tasting Crystal Skinned" and the last words may say "Har Gau".

When all else fails try asking for Dry Beef Hor Fun or Fried Rice! :s13:

As for food around Citigate, I really like Cafe Rendezous (it's in the building next to Citigate) - a bit run down but extremely good food (Crystal Jade standard at Zi Char price).
Even ang mos can go there and order so don't worry!!

lightfinger

Reaction score
btw, u guys heard of Meixin (spelling) biscuits? I've tried them, very shiok, tho a little expensive. Any idea where they sell cheap, my cousins are bugging me to bring some back!

chipmunk

Master Member
Reaction score
Is $980/pax(Inclusive of tax) flying by CX and 3 nights stay at royal plaza/Miramar + 1 night stay at Disney hollywood hotel(With entrance ticket) reasonable?

Package comes with half day city tour and airport transfer

qqspot

Reaction score
lightfinger said:
lightfinger contact me and let me see how can i help u

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
skip the half day city tour. my experience is have to pay for over priced and mediocre breakfast and lunch. will bring you shopping in jewellery outlet and Chinese TCM shop. Rest of time will bring you to temple and half way up the Peak.

qqspot

Reaction score
lightfinger said:
lightfinger contact me and let me see how can i help u

chipmunk

Master Member
Reaction score
s7460597 said:
skip the half day city tour. my experience is have to pay for over priced and mediocre breakfast and lunch. will bring you shopping in jewellery outlet and Chinese TCM shop. Rest of time will bring you to temple and half way up the Peak.
Firstly, visit to Golden Bauhunua Square. The Golden Bauhunua is a gift to mark the widespread joy of the Chinese at the return of the territory to the Motherland after 156 years. Next, we will visit Hong Kong Repulse Bay . It's long and broad sandy beach highest representative characteristics in Hong Kong. A 10 meters high images of Tin Hau, Goddess of Mercy, and Avalokitesvara were constructed inside an ancient Sea View Tower built on the beach. Lastly, we will proceed to Aberdeen Fishing Village, sharing the experiences of the 'boat people'. Aberdeen fishing village is one of Hong Kong's oldest and most popular tourist attractions whose magic continues to be a scenic highlight for any Hong Kong island tour. Here, you can choose to take an optional sampan ride at your own expense for a closer look at its fisherfolk's unusual lifestyle on boats.

Hpmm should i skip?

blkhoo1234

Reaction score
My Hong Kong Plan

My estimate budget for Air, Hostel is RM400 per person.

<<<< Sorry is S$400 !!

Last edited:

blkhoo1234

Reaction score
My Hong Kong Holiday Plan

Hello Everyone,

First of All, Would like to thanks each and one of the person who reply in the forum.
Is perfect !! It provide all the important information for public.
Keep up the good work !! :s13:

OK. My plan to Hong Kong this Jun (5Day4Night).

Air ticket go and return, (SIN to Macau)... not Hong Kong !!
Tiger Airway - 240 per person.

Hostel ... <NOT Hotel>
S$80 per room X 4 Night = S$320
S$320 / 2 = S$160.

There you get 400 for fly and hostel.

S$80 = HK$400 ... I think is very easy to find a nice and cheap hostel in HK.
Looking for place to sleep and take bath.
Why look for expansive hotel?

Hope my tips will help out everyone who like to visit Hong Kong.

OK. I have 1 Question :
Any problem or things should I aware during Macau to Hong Kong or Hong Kong to Macau?

Thank You !!

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not much to take note...there's so much traffic from macau to hk and vice versa that the don't even check my (hand carried)bag when i went over
never tried carrying luggage there but i guess should not be too much of a hassle

macau to hk is via the ferry and the sea could be quite choppy. so if you are the sea-sick type, take some precautions. if you want to save time, u can pack food onto the ship and eat to save time. they do sell food on the ship but is generally more ex then if u buy outside

anyway, $80 is quite ex for hostel...
try ah shan hostel for HKD260/night/2pax => $26/night/pax
rooms are a bit small, but have attached toilet.

went ah shan last year and will be going there again this coming jun :D

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lightfinger said:

$40/meal for 2 pax is certainly a lot

i ate at a chinese dimsum restaurant during breakfast. ordered 10 'plates' of stuff for a total of ard 100HKD. could not finish everything and in the end 'hang kai' (tabao in HK lingo).
did not have lunch but ate the food we hang kai earlier on for lunch.

total damage for bf and lunch : 100hkd for 2 pax

ate @ citigate teabreak (3pm i think)
total less than 100HKD

but then, do take note that breakfast and teabreak are cheaper than lunch and dinner time.

S$40/meal could eat a lot liao (unless u goes to those posh restaurant which i nvr try)

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
blkhoo1234 said:
OK. My plan to Hong Kong this Jun (5Day4Night).

Air ticket go and return, (SIN to Macau)... not Hong Kong !!
Tiger Airway - 240 per person.

Hostel ... <NOT Hotel>
S$80 per room X 4 Night = S$320
S$320 / 2 = S$160.

There you get 400 for fly and hostel.

Not true. You left out the cost of the ferry to & from HK.
BTW does the $240 return fare include airport taxes and fuel charges etc?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.