HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys..deciding between metropark and royal as well...seems like less than $50 difference per night? is royal right beside mongkok mtr?

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
takuyazzz said:
guys..deciding between metropark and royal as well...seems like less than $50 difference per night? is royal right beside mongkok mtr?

Just to confirm, you're talking about the Royal Plaza (not the Royal Pacific).
No it is not beside the Mongkok MTR, you need to walk about 5-7 minutes (on the overhead bridge) to the station.
It is however, just next to the Mongkok KCR line.
It is also just next to Century Square/Plaza, a 6 story medium range shopping complex. Also has several restaurants.

If you want a MTR station right next to the hotel in Mongkok, take a look at Langham Place.

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lowjk said:
Just to confirm, you're talking about the Royal Plaza (not the Royal Pacific).
No it is not beside the Mongkok MTR, you need to walk about 5-7 minutes (on the overhead bridge) to the station.
It is however, just next to the Mongkok KCR line.
It is also just next to Century Square/Plaza, a 6 story medium range shopping complex. Also has several restaurants.

If you want a MTR station right next to the hotel in Mongkok, take a look at Langham Place.

thanks for the info. you're right i was talking about royal plaza. Btw, is the KCR line linked to the MTR or is it a separate line?

qqspot

Reaction score
I had to agree with lowjk, Langham Place is one of the best hotel i ever stayed. Shopping malls and tons of shops around. Very crowed if you do not like crowds.

I wonder why most of the tourist like to stay at Mongkok area or TST?

jeanshi

Reaction score
Hello all,

Was so glad tat i saw tis forum cos there's so much info tat i can tk note for 4 my HK trip in May! Hooray~ :s12:

Had paid $498 for e 4 day 3 nite trip. Guess it's cheap cos my hotel was not very convenient - Mexan Harbour Hotel.

I've read from here abt Yip Fatt Building & Citigate, both factory outlets. Which one is better huh? Wanted to go Yip Fatt Building but thought was rather out of the way, so if Citigate stuffs r abt e same as the Yip Fatt Building, thought of skiping it then.

Could advise mi? =:p

Thanz alot~

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm paying $750 for 5 days 4 nites, staying at metropark mongkok and travelling by SIA...is it very ex?

jeanshi can share where u booked your package from?

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
Hi Universe, why not pay the same and try my BoutiqueS Apartments which i posted?

Only HK$400 - 600(Single Bed)

If you are keen, please kindly pm me and i will give you a super special discount if you write an review on HWZ Forums.

Regards,
QQ
sry, but it's not the same

urs is HKD400-600 single bed per night
mine it HKD260 (Double bed) per night...it's 1/4 cheaper than yours

anyway, no need studio apartments...juz cheap hostel will do for me :)
looking at the pics, 400-600 is quite reasonable for one with those facilities and outlook but i dont need to stay at places with such nice deco. thanks for the offer :D

just a place for me to put my luggage. my last trip to HK daily schedule was:
6-8am wake up. wash up go out. 10pm come back bath, slp

anyway, i was reading thru the post and saw that u mention tt i'm a guru...
not really lah.
done quite some research on HK prior to going to hongkong last december and went there for 11 days. literally walked the whole hongkong island and kowloon (went a bit to new territories only).

anyway, i've made a 1 night deposit for ah shan already :D

Last edited:

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lightfinger said:
Thanks for the tip! Then can scale down budget liao, not into restaurants too much, prefer the littler eateries like you mentioned. :D

btw, for bargaining at places like Ladies Street or Temple Street, how far can we go? Bangkok bargain style? :s12:
well, eateries are not tt cheap i realized.went to those eateries and each mean ended like ard 30-50HKD. anyway, did not tried bargaining much but i realized that if you really have chance, you should go shenzhen to take a look. what you can find in hua yuan, most likely, can be found cheaper in shenzhen.

stuff in HK not really tt cheap :D

btw, make sure you check your goods b4 u leave. tt time me and my gf went over bought 2 bags from 1 stall...we check the first bag but forget to check the other one (which was in those transparent plastic bag, presumably new)

went back sing then realized that the zips are rusty. of course, we can't really blame the stall owner as she might not be aware of the problem too. it's an oversight on our part thou

for those going free and easy HK, take those walking guides from HK tour center in suntec and use them to plan. last dec when i went there, my gf took those and we based our itenieries on that.

can't help much with the itineries now as i'm having my exams

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jeanshi said:
Hello all,

Was so glad tat i saw tis forum cos there's so much info tat i can tk note for 4 my HK trip in May! Hooray~ :s12:

Had paid $498 for e 4 day 3 nite trip. Guess it's cheap cos my hotel was not very convenient - Mexan Harbour Hotel.

I've read from here abt Yip Fatt Building & Citigate, both factory outlets. Which one is better huh? Wanted to go Yip Fatt Building but thought was rather out of the way, so if Citigate stuffs r abt e same as the Yip Fatt Building, thought of skiping it then.

Could advise mi? =:p

Thanz alot~
stuff in yip fatt and citi gate are very different
in citigate, it's factory outlet shops of brand. There are 1 shop for adidas, 1 shop for nike, 1 shop for espirit, 1 for levis (not much selection for guys :()

in yip fatt, it's like those ware house sale. there are some shops which sells specialized stuff, like i remember there's a nike shop. but most are like warehouse stores that sells a variety of stuff.

for both, there are limited designs and also stock. thus, what you can find in yip fatt might not be the same as you can find in citigate. this holds true for all factory outlets throughout hk,
like the espirit outlet in tsim sha shiu have different items compared to the one @ citigate.

however, if time is an issue, try either yipfatt or citigate as these are a conglomerate of outlet shops. the stuffs in citigate are more well organized. and being the 'official outlet store', the services is better than yipfatt. and not to mention, the shops are cleaner. however, yipfatt stuff are slightly cheaper compared to citigate.

so it's really your choice on which to go :D

blkhoo1234

Reaction score
Help.... Need help !!

Got One BIG BIG Question, need your advice !!

I am planning to take Jetstar morning fly. 6.30am.
I live near to Jurong East.

What time should I be in the airport?
How is the transport?

I don't think have NR bus(not going on Friday or Saturday)... so the only thing I can take is > cab?

Thanks.

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
blkhoo1234 said:
Help.... Need help !!

Got One BIG BIG Question, need your advice !!

I am planning to take Jetstar morning fly. 6.30am.
I live near to Jurong East.

What time should I be in the airport?
How is the transport?

I don't think have NR bus(not going on Friday or Saturday)... so the only thing I can take is > cab?

Thanks.

i guess the only way is cab...it's better to be at the airport around 2 hours before the flight..

jeanshi

Reaction score
Hi Takuyazzz,

I booked my package during e NATAS travel fair tis yr with an agency called travel star, travelling on United Airline. Guess tat's y it's much cheaper as compared to others, cos some r travelling via SIA or Cathay mah, hee..

Thanks for your info universe! Guess i'll go Citigate check it out first since we'll be going to Lantau Island for the Big Buddha Walk. Hopefully i can get some nice stuff there! Otherwise, shall then decide if i should go Yip Fatt Building~ =:p

Am going wif my mum and her frenz so dun think they're able to do as much shopping as i wanted to, hehe.. tis shall be more of a sightseeing trip, i guess :s8:
undefined

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jeanshi said:
Hi Takuyazzz,

I booked my package during e NATAS travel fair tis yr with an agency called travel star, travelling on United Airline. Guess tat's y it's much cheaper as compared to others, cos some r travelling via SIA or Cathay mah, hee..

Thanks for your info universe! Guess i'll go Citigate check it out first since we'll be going to Lantau Island for the Big Buddha Walk. Hopefully i can get some nice stuff there! Otherwise, shall then decide if i should go Yip Fatt Building~ =:p

Am going wif my mum and her frenz so dun think they're able to do as much shopping as i wanted to, hehe.. tis shall be more of a sightseeing trip, i guess :s8:
undefined

oh..ok..i'm travelling on SIA..perhaps that's y..

Is citigate near any MTR station?

o0KelviN0o

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
I had to agree with lowjk, Langham Place is one of the best hotel i ever stayed. Shopping malls and tons of shops around. Very crowed if you do not like crowds.

I wonder why most of the tourist like to stay at Mongkok area or TST?

next door to Silvercord... can eat dessert everyday :lick:

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jeanshi said:
Hello all,

Erm, Yip Fatt is not as out of the way as your hotel is. It is also near the APM building which is a very nice shopping center.

As for the Mexan, it's like building a 4* star hotel on Pulau Brani. (yep, you will be surrounded by a "PSA-like" port).

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
takuyazzz said:
i'm paying $750 for 5 days 4 nites, staying at metropark mongkok and travelling by SIA...is it very ex?

And you will be thankful for flying SIA.
My flight to HK on UA was delayed by 40 - 45 min because the onboard computer broke down. UA had to borrow a spare from SIA (as announced by the Capt)

And the seats' legroom in plain economy class was terrible. Much tighter than SIA or CX.

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i remember reading somewhere in the thread that there's this hong kong tourism board at suntec. Is this the address? We'll be able to find maps and brochures of the attraction there and stuff like that?

9 Temasek Boulevard
#34-03 Suntec Tower Two
Singapore 038989

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
universe said:
stuff in HK not really tt cheap :D

Well it depends on what you buy.
HK has one of the best and cheapest music store in the South Asia - Tom Lee.
Can be S$400 to 500 cheaper for a $2k+ music instrument/equipment compared to Singapore.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.