HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lowjk said:
Well it depends on what you buy.
HK has one of the best and cheapest music store in the South Asia - Tom Lee.
Can be S$400 to 500 cheaper for a $2k+ music instrument/equipment compared to Singapore.
kk i'm refering to those pasar malam stuff like clothes, bags, accessories :D
shenzhen is cheaper :D

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how do we get to shenzhen from hongkong? is 1 day enough? a little apprehensive abt going there cos heard that its not really very safe there?

papaho

Reaction score
hi.. the tread progress damn fast.. just post not long ago.. not 2 page away liao. Anyway.. any reviews stying in metropark mongkok before?

i am like takuyazzz... considering whether to ShenZhen,,, my wife is worried about the safety.. and we are not sure our 5days 6 nigths can cover hongkong alone..

blkhoo1234

Reaction score
What is the cheapest hostel in HK?

Ah Shan or Dragon Inn > HKS260.

how about dragon hostel ? or Yes Inn ?

I am planning to stay at Macau for 1 days.
Any cheap hostel?

Thank you. :s13:

jeanshi

Reaction score
oh dear, i jus hope my UA flight dont' get delay due to watever reason.. *pray hard* saw a no of comments abt US seats too, guess my bf would have more trouble and complains abt e UA seats cos he's really fussy :p

Wanted to go pick up brochures and get more info @ e HK tourism board office at suntec too. But my cousin called them previously to check their opening hrs and was only Mon - Fri from 9am (i think) to 5.45pm. I wk at Expo so dun think can mk it on time too, haiz~ :s34:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May have changed now but couple of years ago they had a stand with brochures and map left outside the office. Anyway no big deal. Can easily can map from the concierge in your hotel. Brochures and stuff can pick up at the HK tourism board offices in HK. There's one located at the Sterry Ferry Terminal at Tsim Sha Tsui. Virtually all info can find on the hK tourism website. There's one section to download in pdf format various walks you can take. Very useful.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ohh if your bf is fussy ask him to pay more and book SQ biz class lor. Get what you pay for ma. ;)

jeanshi

Reaction score
s7460597 said:
May have changed now but couple of years ago they had a stand with brochures and map left outside the office. Anyway no big deal. Can easily can map from the concierge in your hotel. Brochures and stuff can pick up at the HK tourism board offices in HK. There's one located at the Sterry Ferry Terminal at Tsim Sha Tsui. Virtually all info can find on the hK tourism website. There's one section to download in pdf format various walks you can take. Very useful.

Thanz 4 yr info, think will still go and try my luch during one of my shopping trips @ suntec :D

qqspot

Reaction score
universe said:
sry, but it's not the same
anyway, i've made a 1 night deposit for ah shan already :D
Got another place only HKD200 i last time used to stay. If you keen next time drop me a pm.

qqspot

Reaction score
blkhoo1234 said:
What is the cheapest hostel in HK?
Ah Shan or Dragon Inn > HKS260.
Thank you. :s13:
Cheapest place i ever saw was HK$200 at Causeway Bay.

If not Hostelworld.com can be found there!!

Last edited:

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious.

Is there any major difference if I were to fly to ShenZhen then to Hong Kong instead of Hong Kong directly?

Secondly, how was the Ngong Ping Skyrail Experience? Is it worth the travelling time provided its free?

qqspot

Reaction score
you can get map and info at the HKIA when you exit out from custom and got your baggage there a counter on HKIA exit A & B of the HKTB.

Please do look out for it if you had miss them.

Last edited:

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
revenant said:
Just curious.

Secondly, how was the Ngong Ping Skyrail Experience? Is it worth the travelling time provided its free?

NP360
Tip - very crowded on weekends and PH. My waiting time was about 1 hr (on a Friday before X'mas). Can ask for standing room only (ie you don't get to sit, just stand all the way for the ride) -> jump queue. (it's called "kay piu" - standing ticket).

Ride - initial impression : very nice scenery
After 10 min : when will the ride end?? :s13:

NP village : Nothing very much to do. Shop, eat, photos and video presentation. Unfortunately, having been to HK Disneyland, the presentations are nothing to shout about (and was in fact quite boring) (compared to the interactive "Stitch" presentation).

Food standard - not that good compared to what you get elsewhere.

Can go to the big Buddha after this and have some vegetarian snacks/bean curd which are actually not bad.

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lowjk said:
NP360
Tip - very crowded on weekends and PH. My waiting time was about 1 hr (on a Friday before X'mas). Can ask for standing room only (ie you don't get to sit, just stand all the way for the ride) -> jump queue. (it's called "kay piu" - standing ticket).

Ride - initial impression : very nice scenery
After 10 min : when will the ride end?? :s13:

NP village : Nothing very much to do. Shop, eat, photos and video presentation. Unfortunately, having been to HK Disneyland, the presentations are nothing to shout about (and was in fact quite boring) (compared to the interactive "Stitch" presentation).

Food standard - not that good compared to what you get elsewhere.

Can go to the big Buddha after this and have some vegetarian snacks/bean curd which are actually not bad.

thanx for the reply. looks like i gonna give this a miss.

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my view on ngong pin
the sky rail give quite a scenic view of the air port and lantau island
nothing much on ngyong pin village, it's a tourist rip-off...

but then, if you are going to the big buddha @ lautan island, the cable car is a faster way up and down.

when taking the cable car, after turning left away from the airport (you'll understand when u take it), take note the mountains below, there are actually some tombs that are scattered on the mountain. what i'm thinking is, wah, qing ming, those descendents climb the mountain sure damn shiong.

btw, ggspot, can stop advertising the studio room every page?
it's getting kinda irritating.
------
no doubt, that there are cheaper hostel, but do take in consideration of location and facilities of the hostel. HKD80 sounds cheap, but the location is not that centralize and communal toilet.
dragon hostel is not the same as dragon inn but they reside in the same building (sincere building), heard dragon hostel not tt bad also.

------

safety in shenzhen.
last dec went shenzhen with my gf only, found the security quite ok. a lot of things to shop. to get to shenzhen, take KCR from hk to luohu and walk across the custom. the journey from hongkong KCR to luohu (end to end) should not take you more than 1.5 hr bah (if i remember correctly). however, at the custom to shenzhen, it's really depends on when you go. it's like singapore to malaysia, if no one, then gd, but if tio peak periods, happy new year to you :D

is 1 day enough for shenzhen: tt depends on what you want to do there. tt time, we went there for 2 night 3 day. reach there in the night from macau to zhuhai. took a cab to chunfeng road queen's spa and stayed the night over @ queen's spa. next day, went window of the world in the morning till evening. went for dinner and back to queen's spa :D

3rd day slp until late morning then go back to hk.

advice if going to shenzhen is try to avoid wkend as wkend more crowded (dun want to squeeze thru the customs with the hongkongers)

dennisleu

Reaction score
universe said:
HKD80 sounds cheap, but the location is not that centralize and communal toilet.
that guesthouse is at Macau dude! :s8:
If Sanva is not centralise, where else is centralise? Taipa is it? :s13:

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dennisleu said:
that guesthouse is at Macau dude! :s8:
If Sanva is not centralise, where else is centralise? Taipa is it? :s13:
opps
paiseh, mixed up liao :D
thought it's in hongkong

not familiar with macau.went there only for a day (9am to 6pm) and wasted a day there. did not do enough research, in the end, went there holland and wasted time travelling from place to place.
in the end, did not manage to 'walk' the whole macau but only a portion of it

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
universe said:
my view on ngong pin
the sky rail give quite a scenic view of the air port and lantau island
nothing much on ngyong pin village, it's a tourist rip-off...

but then, if you are going to the big buddha @ lautan island, the cable car is a faster way up and down.

when taking the cable car, after turning left away from the airport (you'll understand when u take it), take note the mountains below, there are actually some tombs that are scattered on the mountain. what i'm thinking is, wah, qing ming, those descendents climb the mountain sure damn shiong.

btw, ggspot, can stop advertising the studio room every page?
it's getting kinda irritating.
------
no doubt, that there are cheaper hostel, but do take in consideration of location and facilities of the hostel. HKD80 sounds cheap, but the location is not that centralize and communal toilet.
dragon hostel is not the same as dragon inn but they reside in the same building (sincere building), heard dragon hostel not tt bad also.

------

safety in shenzhen.
last dec went shenzhen with my gf only, found the security quite ok. a lot of things to shop. to get to shenzhen, take KCR from hk to luohu and walk across the custom. the journey from hongkong KCR to luohu (end to end) should not take you more than 1.5 hr bah (if i remember correctly). however, at the custom to shenzhen, it's really depends on when you go. it's like singapore to malaysia, if no one, then gd, but if tio peak periods, happy new year to you :D

is 1 day enough for shenzhen: tt depends on what you want to do there. tt time, we went there for 2 night 3 day. reach there in the night from macau to zhuhai. took a cab to chunfeng road queen's spa and stayed the night over @ queen's spa. next day, went window of the world in the morning till evening. went for dinner and back to queen's spa :D

3rd day slp until late morning then go back to hk.

advice if going to shenzhen is try to avoid wkend as wkend more crowded (dun want to squeeze thru the customs with the hongkongers)

wow..thanks for the info, appreciate it..i'm going from thurs to monday..so no choice but to go on a weekend i guess..is the queue at the customs really as bad as the causeway queues at their peak?

and once we get past the custom, how do we navigate around? mainly looking for shopping places, like those pasar malam stuff u mentioned earlier..

As for disneyland, do we really need 1 full day to finish the whole place? i heard from my fren that half day was all she took to finish up her disney visit..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.