HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

qqspot

Reaction score
For Hong Kong Weather: http://www.hko.gov.hk/contente.htm

Rainfall is particularly heavy from early May until late September, but some rain occurs in all months. Although occasional cold spells, lasting a few days, occur in winter, snow and frost are virtually unknown and the period from October to March is generally warm and dry.

Last edited:

Matthew Fam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nwy42 said:
any one noes whr to find smelly beancurb in HK?? the exact addres???thks
I ate it previously at Ladies Street. Remember to add some sauce (chilli?) to increase the taste.

revenant

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys where are some of the exchange that provides good rate for HK dollars?

nwy42

Reaction score
weather in HK good.... food also good.. bt walk a lot.. tiring.. BT damm good trip haha

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can help me with some questions on Ngong Ping 360?

Once i reach Ngong Ping on the Skyrail, do i have to pay any admission fees to see the Giant Buddha? Is the Buddha located inside Ngong Ping Village?

I saw on the Ngong Ping 360 website (http://www.np360.com.hk) that they have this "Walking With Buddha" and "Monkey's Tale" shows, are they worth the time and money? How long is each of these shows?

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
>> Once i reach Ngong Ping on the Skyrail, do i have to pay any admission fees to see the Giant Buddha?
Yes

>> Is the Buddha located inside Ngong Ping Village?
No

>> "Walking With Buddha"
15 Min

>> "Monkey's Tale"
5 min

>> Are they worth the time and money?
No

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lowjk said:
>> Once i reach Ngong Ping on the Skyrail, do i have to pay any admission fees to see the Giant Buddha?
Yes

>> Is the Buddha located inside Ngong Ping Village?
No

>> "Walking With Buddha"
15 Min

>> "Monkey's Tale"
5 min

>> Are they worth the time and money?
No

ic...guess i won't go for the shows then..

how do i get to the giant buddha since it isn't in ngong ping village? is it walkable from the ngong ping skyrail station?

papaho

Reaction score
I heard the ngong ping 360 not very stabled.. its has haulted a few times and the passengers were left stranded half way.

Anyway, i am making a trip to HK from 26th - 31 May 2007. Any recommendation from all the lao qiao here?

First trip for me and it seems that there are so much to do, so many prlaces to go

BluBlur

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
takuyazzz said:
ic...guess i won't go for the shows then..

how do i get to the giant buddha since it isn't in ngong ping village? is it walkable from the ngong ping skyrail station?

The shows... are "extras".

It's a 10-20 min walk from the skyrail. Including walking up the stairs.

I went to Tai O after Giant Buddha. It's just a bus ride (21 or 23 forgot). But the way from Tai O back to Tung Cheng took me 1 hour, due to construction works on several knolls. Still quite fun to see a natural side of HK anyway.

Last edited:

qqspot

Reaction score
I never regret to go Tai O again & again for the famous Dried sea product like dried scallop and Ah Po Bean curd. Bean curd super smooth

Tai O are also famous for dried fish stomach, best to cook with pork bone. Fantastico!!

Giant Budda, going there to pray only. As for the rest, fast pass will not go waste time lah!!

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there a faster way than the skyrail to get back to tung chung station from ngong ping?

qqspot

Reaction score
takuyazzz, the fastest why to go is take a fast speed boat from central pier to Cheng Chu then take a bus to the big budda.

If not takuyazzz, please pm me your mobile number i can teach you how to go there.

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ngyong ping is 'high' up in the mountains. the only way to get to ngyong pin is via the cable car(skyrail), bus and taxi

but i guess the fastest way to get to ngyong ping is to take MTR to tung chung and take the cable car(skyrail)
bus from tungchung takes at least around 1 hr to get up/down(can anyone confirm the journey time)

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i remember reading somewhere that we can actually check-in for our flights in the city? anyone has any info on this?

anyway, decided to go for the full return trip for ngong ping skyrail...sounds much more convenient..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.