disneymtrvi1.jpg

disney's own mtr ...

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
takuyazzz said:
u stayed at yau ma tei?

ya, in between jordan and yau ma tei

i stayed at eaton hotel, beside nathan hotel.

opposite ish temple st riaos

Last edited:

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hwaa said:
ya, in between jordan and yau ma tei

i stayed at eaton hotel, beside nathan hotel.

opposite ish temple st riaos

i'll be staying at ymca international house..on top of yau ma tei station i think...u got pass by it?

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
takuyazzz said:
i'll be staying at ymca international house..on top of yau ma tei station i think...u got pass by it?

erm ... i dint notice ... but i did saw like majestic, prudential further down ...

dorsett seaview ish quite nearby temple st also.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i went to this place at causewaybay mtr exit A, walk around and came upon this cha chan ting selling egg tarts, bought one and omg its damn freaking nice!

i dunno how u guys gonna find this cafe but the egg tarts is realy nice! took a pic of the cafe :D

eggtartsgl3.jpg

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hwaa said:
i went to this place at causewaybay mtr exit A, walk around and came upon this cha chan ting selling egg tarts, bought one and omg its damn freaking nice!

i dunno how u guys gonna find this cafe but the egg tarts is realy nice! took a pic of the cafe :D

eggtartsgl3.jpg

safe to say that on average, a meal at these cha chan ting would cost around hk$50 to hk$80?

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
takuyazzz said:
safe to say that on average, a meal at these cha chan ting would cost around hk$50 to hk$80?
cha chan ting quite ex and should be ard hkd 38-100 depending on what you order
the cheapest i tried was 38 for a plate of food
then there are set meals which usually cost like 48-58 for drinks and food
and more expensive for more side dishes

hmm...if u see the pics, u would see that someting is going for $38. claypot noodles :D

anyway, breakfast have to go to dimsum restaurant to eat, cheap and good...

everytime when comes to bf, i am proud to mention that my gf and i went to dimsum restaurant and ordered 12 plates of food for only HKD100
ordered food like har gao, xiu mai, carrot cake, veges,chee cheong fun, etc etc...

prices ranges from 4.8 to 10.8

wait, i go post some pics of the menu we took last december

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

will upload more pics later...taking a long time to upload...1.5mb each photo
still got some pics of food i ate at shenzhen...damn cheap too

will post them later after my lunch...now hungry liao, going back to hk (transit) on 20th jun to 23rd jun....yum yum.....dimsum here i come.. :D

now...haiz, coffeeshop food for lunch,lol

Last edited:

butterbarter

Reaction score
pop said:
anyone eaten at that Jumbo before? It is so famous I would really like to give it a try for my next visit there. But depends on pricing. Anyone knows?
Long ago :) The price is about the same as those in town, so its not that expensive. Note that Jumbo is closed for maintenance till early May, so you better check if its already open. The neighbouring Tak Pak ( or something like tat ) floating restaurant is open though, so you can always try that.

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
universe said:
cha chan ting quite ex and should be ard hkd 38-100 depending on what you order
the cheapest i tried was 38 for a plate of food
then there are set meals which usually cost like 48-58 for drinks and food
and more expensive for more side dishes

hmm...if u see the pics, u would see that someting is going for $38. claypot noodles :D

anyway, breakfast have to go to dimsum restaurant to eat, cheap and good...

everytime when comes to bf, i am proud to mention that my gf and i went to dimsum restaurant and ordered 12 plates of food for only HKD100
ordered food like har gao, xiu mai, carrot cake, veges,chee cheong fun, etc etc...

prices ranges from 4.8 to 10.8

wait, i go post some pics of the menu we took last december

Disagree. Cha Chan Ting is really quite cheap for the quality.
My son had a fried rice with fresh prawns for about HKD28, I had prawn noodles again with big juicy prawns for HKD38. The standard is equivalent to Crystal Jade Restaurant, (and not the usual lousy Zi Char standard here) at about 2/3 of the price.

Dim sum prices vary. The dim sum lunch I had at Celestial Court cost about HKD6-700 for 4 pax.

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
takuyazzz said:
i changed S$1k, enough bo? :D

Depends on what you buy/eat, for me, I usually change ~$1k per day in HK. But of course, this is the daily expenditure for 2 adults and 2 kids. More, if there are specific things that I/my wife want to buy.

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
>> anyone eaten at that Jumbo before? It is so famous I would really like to give it a try for my next visit there. But depends on pricing. Anyone knows?

It is famous for being a floating restaurant but that's about it; if going for food, it's not that great.
I recall it wasn't worth the while the last time I ate there. (Imagine, you are tired and hungry but wiat, you still have to take a "sampan" across and then tip the sampan lady or risk being told off.

There are many better restaurants in town eg Golden Baihinua at Wan Chai HKCC.

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
universe said:

will upload more pics later...taking a long time to upload...1.5mb each photo
still got some pics of food i ate at shenzhen...damn cheap too

will post them later after my lunch...now hungry liao, going back to hk (transit) on 20th jun to 23rd jun....yum yum.....dimsum here i come.. :D

now...haiz, coffeeshop food for lunch,lol

where is this restaurant located? not bad...very high res, can see the menu and prices..haha :D

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
takuyazzz said:
where is this restaurant located? not bad...very high res, can see the menu and prices..haha :D
it's situated 5 mins walk frm my ah shan hostel
tt's why went there 3 days for bf :D

dun really have the actual address but i can roughly describe it
it's situated on the 3rd and 4th floor and on the 2nd floor is a cafe de coral
the restaurant is call fu2 yuan4( fu2 for fu lu shou that fu2, yuan4 as in ting3 yuan4 that yuan (pavillion))

lowjy: hmm...maybe the cha chan ting i went are the lousy one :(
my experience with cha chan ting is they are ex and food is not tt nice (the ones i went to are mostly at tst, mongkok,jordan area...maybe that area is more expensive...comparatively, i find coral de cafe and maxim is better then the cha chan ting

hmm...give me some time, i'll try to upload my photos...
any good place to recommend to upload tons of photos for something like a photo journey???
i've got like thousands of photo to upload...imageshack too troublesome for me liao

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
your one too hi-res already universe, takes very long...maybe u can adjust the size down using photoshop or wat. I always use photobucket to upload my images, they have an option that allows u to convert the pictures u upload to the size that u want..

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
takuyazzz said:
your one too hi-res already universe, takes very long...maybe u can adjust the size down using photoshop or wat. I always use photobucket to upload my images, they have an option that allows u to convert the pictures u upload to the size that u want..
not really...
i've got 3000+ photos for my hk trip last year

say only 10% are 'useful' shots, tt would already be 300 photos...
uploading to image shack and 'managing' the links myself will kill me...
maybe try yahoo photos or something like that..then i'll just post a link to yahoo photos :D

anyway, i like my photos 'big' cause u can see details mah...else how you see the price and menu

btw, most dimsum restaurants have similar menus...
gave u pieces of menu, then u just tick what you like and the pass to the staff...there are few types of staff...some only clear tables, some bring ppl to table, some bring out food, some for ordering...
from what i see, they differentiate by the clothes that they wear

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
universe said:
not really...
i've got 3000+ photos for my hk trip last year

say only 10% are 'useful' shots, tt would already be 300 photos...
uploading to image shack and 'managing' the links myself will kill me...
maybe try yahoo photos or something like that..then i'll just post a link to yahoo photos :D

anyway, i like my photos 'big' cause u can see details mah...else how you see the price and menu

btw, most dimsum restaurants have similar menus...
gave u pieces of menu, then u just tick what you like and the pass to the staff...there are few types of staff...some only clear tables, some bring ppl to table, some bring out food, some for ordering...
from what i see, they differentiate by the clothes that they wear

u zip up and upload to yousendit, then post the link here also can... :)

how many days u went btw? like very lao jiao lidat =:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.