HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i've went to HK twice
1st in 2005 december for 5 days
2nd in 2006 december as well for 10 days

yousendit cannot have comments for the photos leh...
just tried yahoo photos, quite 'troublesome' for the comments...trying out their upload tools to see if it's better

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
butterbarter said:
Long ago :) The price is about the same as those in town, so its not that expensive. Note that Jumbo is closed for maintenance till early May, so you better check if its already open. The neighbouring Tak Pak ( or something like tat ) floating restaurant is open though, so you can always try that.

its open for business :D

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
takuyazzz said:
where is this restaurant located? not bad...very high res, can see the menu and prices..haha :D

yea morning can go restaurant to loot their dimsum, quite cheap one ... me and my fren loot until damn full only hkd 120.

went to tao heung restaurant think its spelt something like that ... got a few branches .. one at causewaybay 3 kwang tung road, opposite harbour city hehe. 3rd lvl, packed with pple!

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
universe said:
the one @ citigate also not bad

u mean dim sum?

btw, are the dim sum there only cheap during breakfast or throughout the day also same price?

qqspot

Reaction score
RobinYip said:
can i know the taxi rates from the Airport to Kowloon area?
Should be around HKD280 - 350 + 20 for your luggage at the back of the trunk of the taxi.

if you have a share cab or call cab might be cheaper.

Sometimes you never know MTR is much faster then cab.

qqspot

Reaction score
hwaa said:
i went to this place at causewaybay mtr exit A, walk around and came upon this cha chan ting selling egg tarts, bought one and omg its damn freaking nice!

i dunno how u guys gonna find this cafe but the egg tarts is realy nice! took a pic of the cafe :D
Normal egg tarts, you must try the shop at Central where the past few English Governor had ate their Eggs Tarts since 80's

Freshly bake from the stove.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
Normal egg tarts, you must try the shop at Central where the past few English Governor had ate their Eggs Tarts since 80's

Freshly bake from the stove.

wah lao! dint' know. :(

i walk down the st all packed with cafe one, jus random choose 1 and went in.

but i choose those got abit of crowd one.

price varies and some no menu one.

hk egg tarts ish really super nice.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
Should be around HKD280 - 350 + 20 for your luggage at the back of the trunk of the taxi.

if you have a share cab or call cab might be cheaper.

Sometimes you never know MTR is much faster then cab.

ya is ard this price, and if convert back to sgd is ard $60 ... is hell of a expensive ride.

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
takuyazzz said:
u mean dim sum?

btw, are the dim sum there only cheap during breakfast or throughout the day also same price?
they charge different prices for different times...
normally, they charge by 4 types
xiao(small)
zhong(medium)
da(big)
ting(supposed to means best, but frm my experience, not really the best)
for S,M,L say BF they charge 4.8, 7.8, 9.8 HKD
then for lunch they might charge 5.8,8.8,10.8 HKD something lidat..can't really remember the actual pricing, but the idea is BF is the cheapest follow by tea break at around 3-5pm
ting is special pricing stuff...which can be more than big, or somewhere in between big to medium pricing or even cheaper than small pricing....
tt's why i say that ting is not really best (thou in chinese it is)

universe

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hwaa said:
ya is ard this price, and if convert back to sgd is ard $60 ... is hell of a expensive ride.
bo bian mah...the distance is far...
not like singapore, everyplace also near cause small...

alo

Reaction score
BluBlur said:
The shows... are "extras".

It's a 10-20 min walk from the skyrail. Including walking up the stairs.

I went to Tai O after Giant Buddha. It's just a bus ride (21 or 23 forgot). But the way from Tai O back to Tung Cheng took me 1 hour, due to construction works on several knolls. Still quite fun to see a natural side of HK anyway.

tat sounds like a good plan for a day.. intend to do so but wonder hows the queue like for the skyrail on a weekday..

after tat prolly have some shopping at citigate.. anyone has any idea what bus to take from Tai O to Tung Chung?

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
alo said:
tat sounds like a good plan for a day.. intend to do so but wonder hows the queue like for the skyrail on a weekday..

after tat prolly have some shopping at citigate.. anyone has any idea what bus to take from Tai O to Tung Chung?

the skyrail que is ok when u take towards ngong ping, but the return u haf to share with other passengers, there's que lar but not so bad.

when i go that time, my ride to ngong ping - no que.

ride back que less den 5 mins. :D

alo

Reaction score
hwaa said:
the skyrail que is ok when u take towards ngong ping, but the return u haf to share with other passengers, there's que lar but not so bad.

when i go that time, my ride to ngong ping - no que.

ride back que less den 5 mins. :D

thanz for ur info!... so i reckon u took the skyrail to and fro.. but i am thinkin of walkin to tai o from ngong ping as suggested by some of the bros here.. hence checkin for the bus no to take from tai o to tung chung MTR..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.