HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
reminiscent said:
I'm going over to HK during August as well.

Flight is around 500 - UA (best timing!)

Worst service/food - not a big deal since I ate before the flight BOTH ways.

Worst backup - onboard computer broke down and had to wait for SIA to lend replacement. Flight was delayed by 50 min. In the end landed almost at same time as 8+ am CX flight.

Worst seats - very cramped and I'm only 1.7m

Last edited:

reminiscent

Reaction score
lowjk said:
Worst service/food - not a big deal since I ate before the flight BOTH ways.

Worst backup - onboard computer broke down and had to wait for SIA to lend replacement. Flight was delayed by 50 min. In the end landed almost at same time as 8.05am CX flight.

Worst seats - very cramped and I'm only 1.7m
Sounds bad!!

Food isn't that much of a worry .. delay .. pray hard wouldn't happen.

seats ...... i'm 1.78 .... DIE LA ...

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
reminiscent said:
Sounds bad!!

Seats - try to get those nearer the front of the plane (economy plus) - they're much better.

reminiscent

Reaction score
Booked already... oh well ... ONLY 3 hours+ ride .... just concentrate on the in-flight entertainment! thanks for the warning btw.

neojo4

Reaction score
curo said:
wow rich guy said... 5stars hotel.. dun think i will 1 2 spend so much on my hotel room.. Not tat rich.. :s13: anyway thanks 4 e info

Btw any1 went to buy krispy kreme donut in hong kong b4?Is e q v long? I saw on their website that they do delievery, any1 know if i can do tat when i reach hongkong n ask them to deliever to e hotel?

The queue is not long. Like only 2 or 3 person q'in in front of me. But it is quite exp. Cost S$2 for 1 donut when u buy half a dozen. Much more exp then our donut factory in raffles city.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
neojo4 said:
The queue is not long. Like only 2 or 3 person q'in in front of me. But it is quite exp. Cost S$2 for 1 donut when u buy half a dozen. Much more exp then our donut factory in raffles city.

oic thanks.. hmm i dun mind tat is more ex if its taste nicer than donut factory coz u can't find it in singapore

dngth

Reaction score
Anyone how much it cost to take a cab from Macau Intl airport to Macau Ferry Terminal?

cleo78

Reaction score
I oso planning to go 4 days HongKong, 1 day Shenzhen and 1 day Macau in Sept so can buy some mooncakes back. Still can't decide which hotel to stay. Any comments on Mayfair Garden Hotel? Also, from what I understand I can take ferry vice versa Macau, HongKong and Shenzhen. Besides ferry, are there other moods of transport eg. train?

monster3

Reaction score
I planning to go to HK on a 7D6N in july, gonna book flight from SQ, 2 tickets S$984 including taxes. Hotel gonna be YMCA international house at S$110 daily.

Any comments?

chuan3205

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
monster3 said:
I planning to go to HK on a 7D6N in july, gonna book flight from SQ, 2 tickets S$984 including taxes. Hotel gonna be YMCA international house at S$110 daily.

Any comments?
not taking jetstar anymore? whereby 2 tix cost S$740+ includ tax.

qqspot

Reaction score
FYI

If you buy from Jetstar now of days...

Jetstar will SUB CHARGE you if you pay by Credit Card!!

chuan3205

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
FYI

If you buy from Jetstar now of days...

Jetstar will SUB CHARGE you if you pay by Credit Card!!
thanks for the reminder :)

but still, cheaper than SQ :D

jason_88

Reaction score
Hi. would like to check out if anyone knows where's EDISON CHAN shop located at? would like to drop by and check out the shop and stuffs.. thanks.

jeanshi

Reaction score
reminiscent said:
Sounds bad!!

i thought that e food there is not very very bad, had my dinner onboard when returning.. but...

wat we didn't expected was was that our flight was cancelled when i went 4 e trip in May.. :s22: ended up we took an alternative flight, transiting in BBK and arrive HK at 3 plus.. think we're real "lucky" though.. haa.. but dun think u'll be so "lucky" like us de, so dun worry too much. Juz enjoy e fun of planning :D

velo

Reaction score
oh my goodness... i'm going to hongkong next month. Looks like i'll miss it indefinitely. It will take months before its going to be allowed to run again :(

dngth

Reaction score
im will be arriving at Macau Intl Airport on Thur, most likely will be taking the ferry to HK.
Any idea what is faster and more convenient mode of getting to the Macau ferry terminal from Macau airport.

If I take cab, can I pay the the driver in HK dollars and request for changes in HK dollars?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.