HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

qqspot

Reaction score
No worries Zeroflame...

Zeroflame do you have current McDull VCD?? I cannot find any cantonese version of McDull in Singapore...

chuan3205

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
Do you mean this?
Hong_Kong_Beijing_Shanghai_Train_Route_Map.jpg

Websites About Hong Kong-Beijing / Hong Kong-Shanghai Intercity Trains:
KCR e-Ticketing Official Website
Kowloon Canton Railway (KCR)

KCR
Guangdong Line: China's Guangdong to Kowloon (Hung Hom Station)
Shanghai Line: China's Shanghai to Kowloon (Hung Hom Station)
Beijing Line: China's Beijing to Kowloon (Hung Hom Station)

Servicing Hours: Different for each lines, mainly 05:30 to next morning 00:30 daily for East and West Rail

KCR FAQ
http://www.hkrs.org.hk/faq/faqhk.htm
thanks for the info :o

RobinYip

Reaction score
qqspot said:
noworries chuan3205 =P

any idea at Evergreen hotel, which is the nearest MTR Station? Jordan or Yaumeitei?
i will be taking the airport express from airport to Hongkong Station then change to Central MTR to take the MTR to either Jordan or Yaumetei station...correct me if wrong?

hiei02

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
y not just take citybus A21? its much cheaper than the airport express..

RobinYip

Reaction score
hiei02 said:
y not just take citybus A21? its much cheaper than the airport express..

because i will be getting the octopus tourist 3 day pass together wif the 2 way airport express tickets....

qqspot

Reaction score
RobinYip said:
any idea at Evergreen hotel, which is the nearest MTR Station? Jordan or Yaumeitei?
i will be taking the airport express from airport to Hongkong Station then change to Central MTR to take the MTR to either Jordan or Yaumetei station...correct me if wrong?
airport trainnexpress to Kowloon station then

free feeder bus to the hotel or taxi to the hotel.

GoaTee

Reaction score
yo guys i will b goin to HK tis coming august for a 6D5N F&E trip...got a package of $742 per pax travelling at Cathay and will stay at Harbour Plaza Resort City (1st 2 day) and the the rest of the days is either YMCA International House/Metropark Mongkok or Newton Kowloon..which we prefer to YMCA International House as it seem to b newly built and rooms bigger than the other 2...

hmm..as it is my 1st trip to HK..ani comment on the hotels i will b stayin over there? will it b near to ani gd shopping paradise? or clubbing area?

hehe xie xie

Last edited:

RobinYip

Reaction score
qqspot said:
airport trainnexpress to Kowloon station then

free feeder bus to the hotel or taxi to the hotel.

no la, i got e 3 days unlimited octopus pass...so hopefully can walk from Jordan

moohaha

Reaction score
their normal food price is slightly higher than the normal prices in sg. but the portions are relativelylarger and taste better than sg

spoonatic said:
i dont consider the food expensive there. Try order the 2 or 4 person set meal at their normal street cafe is quite worth it. Prices ranges for 2 pax meal is abt HKD 80 to 120 depend on the cafe.

Usually it comes with 2 dishes of ur choice 1 stir fry veggies and soup of the day.

As for those individual orders like baked rice, claypot noodles, wanton mee etc, Yes they are expensive and prices ranges from HKD 25 to 35 alone.

qqspot

Reaction score
I dun might pay a slighty higher price and if you take set A,B,C meal then you save on drinks also...

The portions of the fodd depand which and where of the resturant you are...

I have been eating Hong Kong food in Hong Kong monthly for the pass 1 year ++....

qqspot

Reaction score
I have just upload Hong Kong Disnyland fireworks taken last month around 19xxhrs

Enjoy the fireworks...

Last edited:

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
any1 can recommend a few good 3-4 stars hotel in hongkong? good as in clean room, hotel dun look v run dw, service not bad or e hotel leave a good impression on u.. thanks alot

ITedge

Reaction score
RobinYip said:
because i will be getting the octopus tourist 3 day pass together wif the 2 way airport express tickets....

Just came back from HK, the Octopus card can only use for Airport Express train and MTR (Subway trains) only. Found out from the customer service. 1 way airport express to HK station (last stop), will costs HK$100 if u pay a single fare. If u are taking the tram to THE PEAK for example, u have to pay cash or top up the Octopus card. If u are taking the Citybus to OCEAN Park, the Octopus pass again cannot be use, u have to top up additional cash. There is a refundable deposit of HK$50 for the Octopus card at the end of yr trip, suppose u forget to get the refund at the airport, u lose HK$50. So to summarise, its better to pay the fare from point to point, like the locals. Have a good trip!

ITedge

Reaction score
YMCA Salisbury in Kowloon

curo said:
any1 can recommend a few good 3-4 stars hotel in hongkong? good as in clean room, hotel dun look v run dw, service not bad or e hotel leave a good impression on u.. thanks alot
I stayed at the YMCA Salisbury (in Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon) on both visits to Hong Kong. Non-profit and proceeds go to the youth. Decent rooms, clean and good service. Highest floor is 16. Located near end of Nathan Road. There is an indoor heated pool on the 2nd level and gymnasium.

Opposite the street is the Star ferry to Hong Kong island and ferries to Macau and mainland China. Very Convenient. Walking distance to the Avenue of the Stars. Next to the hotel is the upscale and reknown Peninsula Hotel. Free shuttle bus to Kowloon stn from Kowloon Hotel across the YMCA, runs every 15mins.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.