HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

y0natan

Reaction score
lowjk said:
Peak travel season for tourist from China - "National Day Holidays"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_(China)
The golden week is said to be around 1 Oct. How about end of Oct? Any reason why the hotel rate is more expensive?

673itrus

Reaction score
qqspot said:
Some updates on 10th SAR Firework on 1 July 2007

Hope you enjoy the fireworks same as i do.. I had also spotted a few Singaporean watching fireworks in Hong Kong also that day.
X3.jpg

Nathan Road are fully close on TST side...

nice fireworks ..hei like to ask as going there soon -- how about the power plugs in hk hotels ,is it the same 220V ??

also from butties here ,any place /shopping where you can find good IT stuffs ?

misshanako

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HI ggspot,

Sorry that I am quite busy here in HK, I will be in SG in Sept.

You can pm me la

Hanako

speedtest99

Reaction score
whenever i am in hong kong, i always like to eat their dessert especially those in tangchao.
taste is heavenly good.

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
speedtest99 said:
whenever i am in hong kong, i always like to eat their dessert especially those in tangchao.
taste is heavenly good.

For those who have not been to tangchao recently - it has shifted further down the road (in the direction AWAY from Harbour City.

New avant-garde decor. Food tastes the same though. Can't recall if there is a price increase in some items, but the tau hway still cost the same.

monster3

Reaction score
Any recommended tim sum around Yau Ma Tei area? i'll be staying over at YMCA International House.
Any nice place for dinner around Yau Ma Tei area? Any place for fresh seafood(those seafood market).

Many Thanks in advance...

Last edited:

speedtest99

Reaction score
lowjk said:
For those who have not been to tangchao recently - it has shifted further down the road (in the direction AWAY from Harbour City.

New avant-garde decor. Food tastes the same though. Can't recall if there is a price increase in some items, but the tau hway still cost the same.

no longer in tst area?

monster3

Reaction score
Hi guys,
1. is the Ngong Ping Skyrail still under maintance?
2. Whats the fastest way to reach the Peak?
3. Any recommended tim sum around Yau Ma Tei area? i'll be staying over at YMCA International House. Any nice food around Yau Ma Tei area?
Any place for fresh seafood(those seafood market).

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
monster3 said:
Hi guys,
1. is the Ngong Ping Skyrail still under maintance?
2. Whats the fastest way to reach the Peak?
3. Any recommended tim sum around Yau Ma Tei area? i'll be staying over at YMCA International House. Any nice food around Yau Ma Tei area?
Any place for fresh seafood(those seafood market).

international house is excellent, stayed there during my trip about 2 months ago. For dim sum, just go through the back door, walk to the next block of building in front of u (i forgot the name of the building, it's the other one that sells toys, other than ctma). there's a restaurant on the 3rd level, you'll have to take a lift up.

monster3

Reaction score
thanks takuyazzz, any idea is the Ngong Ping 360 skyrail still under maintanance? where can i get to eat those live seafood from those live seafood market?

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
monster3 said:
thanks takuyazzz, any idea is the Ngong Ping 360 skyrail still under maintanance? where can i get to eat those live seafood from those live seafood market?

http://www.np360.com.hk/html/eng/np360_exp/skyrail_index.html

seems like it's still under maintenance..

live seafood i'm not too sure..i believe there's a fishing village on lantau, which is accessible from po lin monastery via bus?

monster3

Reaction score
If its still under maintanance, think i'll give it a miss... sad...

Live seafood market as in those shown in the HK tv shows. any idea where is that place?

monster3

Reaction score
Great info from misshanako, thanks a lot.

How can i get there from Yau Ma Tei area? i'm quite poor in my mandarin. Please help.
Any idea the Ngong Ping 360 still under maintenance?

Whats the best way to get to The Peak?

Thanks...

Last edited:

misshanako

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
monster3 said:
Great info from misshanako, thanks a lot.

How can i get there from Yau Ma Tei area? i'm quite poor in my mandarin. Please help.

Thanks...

welcome :)

quite poor in your mandarin? lol we speak cantonese and english here. dont worry.

if you go from yaumatei. you can take metro ( yamatei to Tiu Keng Leng direction, green line), get off at Choi Hung Station. exit c2, take mini bus 1A, HK$7.5..the last stop is Sai Kung Pier. you can see many tourists there..

油麻地 至 彩虹

八達通車費 單程車費
成人 特惠 成人 特惠
HK$ 6.8 HK$ 3.4 HK$ 7.5 HK$ 4

最少行車時間 14 分鐘
轉車站 沒有轉車站

for your reference. the metro site in hk.

www.mtr.com.hk

ps...its an open area in Sai Kung Pier. you better be careful of the SUN and the thieves :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.