~Porter Japan Official Thread~

fishieee

Reaction score
if there's MO... count me in as well... i ish wan dotz should bag or blackbeauty tote bag... so classic

there's another skin I saw my friend carry, he says it's from HK... look like monogram kind but in another graphic style, anyone know?

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fudgeboi said:
haonan.. which Porter tote u have?
was looking at their HEAT tote!

My one is the OUNCE series, designed with those japanese denim kind of material, like those found in japanese jeans, individual unique hand-wash assures that even if u buy, u won't get the same kind of wash if someone else has the same bag as u. Avail in black and blue, I went for the black one. Can take a look at the pics here, it's the first link on the page. (the one priced at 16800yen one)

The only bad thing I don't like abt it is that this bag cannot be used on rainy days, cos the dye used is same as raw jeans, if too much water contact will cause color fading or discoloring. Good thing I like is this bag definitely has ample space, I can put 2 japanese mags + my sweater + my PSP and DSlite and still hav enough room for other stuffs like maybe a drink bottle, a notepad and some misc stuffs. No velcro hook or zip compartment though, so if u're those kind like to hang stuffs on ur bag one, go for the HEAT series they will be more suitable.

I'm aiming for either HEAT or TANKER next for my next tote. :)

fishieee

Reaction score
shunsuke said:
Black beauty monogram?
notch black beauty... ah.. found the pic.. this one below.. i think it's old design n collaboration pc.

720-06575-10a.jpg

ultramarine

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the difference between Porter and Head Porter? Its seems that they run different series of bags.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ultramarine said:
Can anyone tell me the difference between Porter and Head Porter? Its seems that they run different series of bags.

From what I know, basically they're both manufactured under the same manufacturer label, but just diff line of products avail. Head Porter stuffs are also usually only avail in 2 main outlets, one in Harajuku Japan, another one in NYC of America. (official regional outlets not considering those small retailers that do imports) While Yoshida Porter main line of products are found in shops listed throughout here in diff regions of Japan as well as 2 main branches in Hongkong respectively.

Both brands release diff line of products under their own specified brand name (but still under the same Yoshidakaban company) as seen in this wiki link but both share the same label tag on their own line of products as seen in this wiki link, which usually writes as below:
YOSHIDA AND COMPANY
PORTER
TOKYO & JAPAN

That's abt what I know, hope this helps. ^ ^

ultramarine

Reaction score
Haonan said:
From what I know, basically they're both manufactured under the same manufacturer label, but just diff line of products avail. Head Porter stuffs are also usually only avail in 2 main outlets, one in Harajuku Japan, another one in NYC of America. (official regional outlets not considering those small retailers that do imports) While Yoshida Porter main line of products are found in shops listed throughout here in diff regions of Japan as well as 2 main branches in Hongkong respectively.

Both brands release diff line of products under their own specified brand name (but still under the same Yoshidakaban company) as seen in this wiki link but both share the same label tag on their own line of products as seen in this wiki link, which usually writes as below:
YOSHIDA AND COMPANY
PORTER
TOKYO & JAPAN

That's abt what I know, hope this helps. ^ ^

Thanks! I was a bit confused by the "Headporter" & "Porter", coz they seem to be under Yoshida but producing different designs.

Got friend in Japan now, so asking him to help me get a porter tanker pouch. I like porter coz its really functional. The one I'm getting can be used aa a pouch or as a sling bag. Not if Porter International is selling this design as well.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LiNuxIDIoT said:
do they hav any leather bag series?

Got. You go look ard the Porter International shops at Wisma and Paragon locally, go see see rook rook see got what catches ur taste. Their lines of products is follow Yoshidakaban Porter Tokyo one, just that the taiwan distributor relabel it with their own tag as Porter International nia. Just go see see don't have to buy. See the one that catches ur eye, then buy online urself or go Japan grab when ya there. There's also a shop behind Somerset MRT ard Devonshire Rd there, called Surrender selling the Porter Japan imported goods.

From what I know, some of the series of bags that are made in leather are the Horseman series, and Spread series. Feel free to go google and check it out.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ultramarine said:
Thanks! I was a bit confused by the "Headporter" & "Porter", coz they seem to be under Yoshida but producing different designs.

No prob! Hope u like ur new Porter bag when it arrives, I know I am when I first gotten my Porter tote, already slowly becoming a loyal follower and ***** of their products liao haha. Yoshidakaban makes their bags emphasizing on the design as well as durable fabric or leather, that's what makes them sought after and popular among the fashion-conscious crowd. Not just a blind chase for that matter. I do believe in quality for fashion, rather than just mindless chasing for brand names or designer labels.

Enjoy good quality fashion! ^ ^

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm following this thread pretty closely haha, aiming for a shoulder bag monogram

Revolution

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haonan said:
Orrh ya then I guessed I'm correct, u bought the waist bag as some of their series quite affordable also, at least I think their messenger bags are much nicer and more exotic than Crumpler lah, that brand is wayyy overhyped.

HK alot of ppl carry Porter anot? You know in Japan hor, Porter/Head Porter is as common as Crumpler in SG here man, haha my japanese friend told me, also saw in those fashion mag interview pictures.

But I still love my Porter tote! I also hav a couple of rare exotic collections like the Porter Pictogram x GAS series collaboration for Sony PSP's line, as well as a couple of lanyards and keitai straps released under SonySTYLE in Japan only. Just in case u hav no idea what the GAS collaboration is abt, my one is known as the KUNTZEL+DEYGAS series, by the paris-based duo designers Olivier Kuntzel and Florence Deygas.

Porter Pictogram series got alot of diff series and work collaborations, sometimes it's really dazzling and amazing how much work collaboration they can come up with those designers. (and thus for the expensive *cough* prices)
theres alot of ppl carrying porter in hk....definitely more than SG, but however, they have a pretty good spread.

seen more ppl carrying porter in TW.

KohChris

Banned
Reaction score
I don't see Japanese tourists in Singapore carrying porter/branded labels lately. Most of the time,they carry stylish bags with no obvious label/brand.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Revolution said:
theres alot of ppl carrying porter in hk....definitely more than SG, but however, they have a pretty good spread.

seen more ppl carrying porter in TW.

Oh I see, naruhodo ne cos haven't been to HK or Taiwan either yet. I guess it's pretty safe to say in terms of the streetwear fashion crowd overseas, most ppl from HK and Taiwan do like Porter too, other than Japan itself.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kenjikuro said:
anyone got good source? i want buy the dots pounch

The first page got alot of good links/websites to buy from liao. If not go check out our local Surrender behind Somerset MRT near Devonshire Rd there, they do import in Porter/Head Porter stuffs.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.