HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

flanker27

Reaction score
mobby80 and music guru,
i will be in hk at that time already.....coincidence is i am staying in the same hotel as mobby 80....i booked direct with ymca, average i am payng is abt 4++ hkd a nite......... anyway, if u wanna meet up when u get there, let me know via pm....i will let u know my contact number then....

pretzel18

Reaction score
hmm maybe i go to Lantau Island earlier? but i duno whether i will spend alot of time at citigate nt.

btw anyone gt any idea abt the 1Day Octuplus Card? Does it include bus rides?

mobby80

Reaction score
eth0_21, does you SGD492 includes hotel?
flanker27, how do you get 4xx on the rates... funny that coz i see from YMCA web is also 5XX cheapest... nevermind since i have already book the hotel.. hehe.. by the way, I dun think i will bring my mobile to HK. Roaming is expensive, haha.. maybe we are also "neighbours".

by the way, normally at hong kong where do you all settle your means like breakfast, lunch or dinner? at fast food?

xl8080

Reaction score
pretzel18 bro, i remember seeing is only unlimited mtr rides. it didnt mention can use on bus rides. remember, the 1-day unlimited mtr ride starts from ur 1st mtr ride and last 24 hours, if u bought the card but nv take mtr yet. it nt counted. depend on self lah, to me i find citigate not much of things to shop. they have levis, nike, quiksilver, adidas, esprit, city-chain but the stuffs are off season.

mobby80 bro, bring ur mobile. get their people simcard. it is a prepaid cost u only 60 sgd. can call within HK and even back to singapore. anytime cheaper than the roaming by out local telcos. if u want i can pass u mine. still got value but duno hw much.lol. nv use finish.

for food wise. you can find almost good food everywhere. the usual food hunts in HK are the cha chan tings, maxims, cafe de coral (dai kar lok). sometimes once in awhile restaurants. dun forget to try their dim sums. try nt to go for the fast food since u can find them in sg also. the fast food taste the same everywhere.

Last edited:

eth0_21

Reaction score
nope.. it's only for the flight inclding tax. everything else is free n easy.. i don't need a hotel anyways as i'll be staying at my gf's place

pretzel18

Reaction score
xl8080 said:
pretzel18 bro, i remember seeing is only unlimited mtr rides. it didnt mention can use on bus rides. remember, the 1-day unlimited mtr ride starts from ur 1st mtr ride and last 24 hours, if u bought the card but nv take mtr yet. it nt counted. depend on self lah, to me i find citigate not much of things to shop. they have levis, nike, quiksilver, adidas, esprit, city-chain but the stuffs are off season.

ooh ic, cos now that the cable at Lantau island is dwn, need to take the bus up, so I tot we can use for the bus rides there.

any other places to recommend?

qqspot

Reaction score
jason_88 said:
some research done on Pacifc Place.. but not very sure.. is seibu in of Pacific Place? any recommdation on Central? thanks.
Seibu in Pacific Place
http://www.pacificplace.com.hk/shopping/shopdir/directory_index.html
ATT756543.gif

Just click the link!!

qqspot

Reaction score
cleo78 said:
any1 have any recommendation to HKG hotel? We have 6 of us all gals and would like to stay near Ladies St. or Temple St. but our budget is ard S$130 in Sept.
If you want to get S$130 please kkindly pm me your mobile number.

I will call you

I am in HK now until 6 Aug 2007

qqspot

Reaction score
shinjisan said:
last min post at e airport!!
headin to HK soon!!

oh is there any callin card over there tat i can buy??
those in e form of a sim card tat u insert into ur GSM phone n use type??

i asked local currency exchange they only sell this card wif code tat can b used on pay phone as well as mobile but use on mobile still incur air time rate...

any advise?
Buy prepaid sim card you call back Singapore cheap ar

qqspot

Reaction score
xl8080 said:
shinjisan. duno whether is it too late for u. get "people" sim card from any hp shop or 7 eleven. costs u abt 60 hkd
Hehe, I remember i bring you go 7/eleven to go and buy ar!!
ATT756539.gif

Haha....

=P

qqspot

Reaction score
chuan3205 said:
Yah wear shorts, bring umbrella, water bottle anything that can relief you from the heat.

imo, there're quite lotsa of things to do in Disneyland (takes up a whole day actually) hence, going in at 3pm may be at a disadvantage to you - not worth the price ;)
In HK, if you are female wear short is okay...

If you are male wear short confirm most of th hk people will not treat you as a locals or uncles lah!!

qqspot

Reaction score
mobby80 said:
I am flying via JetStar.. budget airline, so it should be cheaper then UnitedAirlines... hehe... staying over at YMCA Intl house at You Ma Tei. Superior room..

Currently Zuji has promotion for UOB visa cards. extra $60 for every hotel booking on top of it's current hotel promos. So managed to get the hotel room at a lower then cost i find at online agents i know of.

My current plan would be 1 day trip in Macau and 4 days in Hongkong.
I am stay in the HK Service Apartment at SGD 80-110 per night worth it??

Drop me a PM of your mobile number if you want to stay at the Apartment!!

My returns flight tickets are only SGD 3xx by Jetstar!!

Last edited:

qqspot

Reaction score
xl8080 said:

mobby80 bro, bring ur mobile. get their people simcard. it is a prepaid cost u only 60 sgd. can call within HK and even back to singapore. anytime cheaper than the roaming by out local telcos. if u want i can pass u mine. still got value but duno hw much.lol. nv use finish.

for food wise. you can find almost good food everywhere. the usual food hunts in HK are the cha chan tings, maxims, cafe de coral (dai kar lok). sometimes once in awhile restaurants. dun forget to try their dim sums. try nt to go for the fast food since u can find them in sg also. the fast food taste the same everywhere.
xl8080 i am still awaiting your review of the HK Apartment you staed last time.

Can pass me the People SIM Card? Cheap righou can call 193193 on the People Prepaid SIM Card to check your value.
ATT756535.gif

qqspot

Reaction score
eth0_21 said:
nope.. it's only for the flight inclding tax. everything else is free n easy.. i don't need a hotel anyways as i'll be staying at my gf's place
Wah, just want to ask you got a HK GF issit??

=)

How much did you bought your ticket?

flanker27

Reaction score
mobby80, well, mine is i book with minimum 3 nites stay........first 3 nites is abt 425 before tax...last nite is 5 ++ so even out is still 4++ lor...too lazy to count exactly how mcuh lar..........well, according to wat i heard there is some nice stuff around the hotel...maybe i go recce first then maybe can bring u when u come over? go yum cha in the morning.....hahaha......

qqspot

Reaction score
flanker27 said:
mobby80, well, mine is i book with minimum 3 nites stay........first 3 nites is abt 425 before tax...last nite is 5 ++ so even out is still 4++ lor...too lazy to count exactly how mcuh lar..........well, according to wat i heard there is some nice stuff around the hotel...maybe i go recce first then maybe can bring u when u come over? go yum cha in the morning.....hahaha......
Are you in HK now if yes. Please kindly call me at +852 66849763

Maybe we can meet to go out yum cha

Regards,
QQ

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.