HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

jestin_ng

Reaction score
i stayed @ stanford mongkok hotel last year when i was there, booked the hotel thru an agency here, at S$90 / night (inclusive of taxes). Its located nearby the ladies market (less than 5 mins walk).. Room is small tho. And since its nearby the ladies market, crowds are a definite thingy. But the good thing of the location is that you will save some money on transport, since you are able to reach mongkok - yau ma tei by foot, as well as the hotel is nearby the mtr stations..

:)

EdwardsChua

Reaction score
Musicguru said:
Yes EdwardsChua, pls do tell us your experience with metropark mongkok. I'm sure the other forum members reading this thread will also be interested, and may be helpful to future sporeans going to hk =)

Anyway metropark mongkok is 3star hotel right? How's the condition of the room? Any problems with air-con/heater, bed, toilet etc?

I always hear agencies suggest this hotel, but i always thought it was one of the "lok kok" hotels, correct me if I had the wrong impression!

I also had the impression that it's a lok kok hotel but was qutie surprised when I reached there. The rooms are quite surprisely quite spacious as compared to other hotels of that price. The staffs are real pleasant and I had no problem with the condition of the rooms. They were quite helping in assisting me with any problems I had. Location wise, it's right in the heartlander hub of the Mongkok area.

There are a few travel agency nearby for u to book tour or bus tickets to Macau. Eatery is also abundance nearby.

chuan3205

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mobby80 said:
chuan, really nice trip report you have there.... hehe

just contributing back to this thread; hope the others may contribute as well...

tenz1204 said:
chuan, how much did you spend altogether roughly? Sing dollars.

The return air tix via Jetstar i got was @$710 for 2.
Accommodation for 7D6N stay in DragonInn Hostel = S$300.
My own expenses I spent was ~S$700/.

Transportation fee was a killer imho ;)

rerear

Reaction score
Can someone provide cheapest airfares for the below periods also? Thinking of staying at the hostels to cut cost, but the airfares are still the main killer.

National day long weekend or the upcoming Sep sch holidays (1st week of Sep).

paco

Reaction score
Hi all, need your help here, i will be going to HK this coming fri.

Where are the recommended places for shopping?
1) Guys wear
2) Budget can be up to $100 Singapore dollars
3) Working and casual

Dont have to be branded, hope to find good bargains :p

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
rerear said:
Can someone provide cheapest airfares for the below periods also? Thinking of staying at the hostels to cut cost, but the airfares are still the main killer.

National day long weekend or the upcoming Sep sch holidays (1st week of Sep).

National day long weekend - can forget it. Most flights should be full by now.

Daniel134

Reaction score
paco said:
Hi all, need your help here, i will be going to HK this coming fri.

Where are the recommended places for shopping?
1) Guys wear
2) Budget can be up to $100 Singapore dollars
3) Working and casual

Dont have to be branded, hope to find good bargains :p
Paco, it's summer sale now in HK and I just got back from there. G2000 is having more than 50% discount, L/S shirts costs only S$20. you can also go to the various factory outlet as mentioned in another thread.

have fun shopping !

paco

Reaction score
Thanks Dan

I am looking forward to the trip. So which factory outlets are worth going to in yr opinion? There are too many outlets in the other thread :p tell me your personal fav :)

Oh, btw hows the weather now? been raining in singapore for past 2 weeks. Thanks!

smallie

Master Member
Reaction score
paco said:
Thanks Dan

I am looking forward to the trip. So which factory outlets are worth going to in yr opinion? There are too many outlets in the other thread :p tell me your personal fav :)

Oh, btw hows the weather now? been raining in singapore for past 2 weeks. Thanks!

it's very humid there such that I feel sick a day after I reached Singapore.. :s13: the outlets are more or less the same.. but city gate is only good for esprit.. their adidas, nikey, new balance and bilabong has nothing special one.. there's samsonite outlet there though.. :crazy:

monster3

Reaction score
Anyone going to HK or coming back soon?

Can help me buy something back? My gf miss the 7-eleven curry fish balls.

Anyone kind enough to buy some back for me? Its tightly sealed, so its safe for hand carry n it also doesn't weight much. Its 8 HK dollars.

Pls... Anyone kind soul??

shinjisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
xl8080 said:
shinjisan. duno whether is it too late for u. get "people" sim card from any hp shop or 7 eleven. costs u abt 60 hkd
err...i got my people call card wif $98 value but i paid more than $60 at airport 7-11

anyway no matter hw much i call cant finish le....its $0.25/min to call hm so u go calc hw much talk time!!

anyway so many ppl here got a NDS...any idea where i can get a bargain in hk??
also hw much is it to delivery back to sg??
cos its my last day n i dun hav time to shop ard or get one...so i wld hope i cld get my fren here to get it for me n send back to sg for me..

many tks for any info...

paco

Reaction score
Hi guys, im going to HK soon, where is the best exchange rate for money changer in Singapore? Or should i change in HK? (Is the rate better?) Thanks!

smallie

Master Member
Reaction score
shinjisan said:
err...i got my people call card wif $98 value but i paid more than $60 at airport 7-11

anyway no matter hw much i call cant finish le....its $0.25/min to call hm so u go calc hw much talk time!!

anyway so many ppl here got a NDS...any idea where i can get a bargain in hk??
also hw much is it to delivery back to sg??
cos its my last day n i dun hav time to shop ard or get one...so i wld hope i cld get my fren here to get it for me n send back to sg for me..

many tks for any info...

everyone is playing DS there.. :s13:

flanker27

Reaction score
musicguru and mobby80,
maybe we can meet up this weekend to talk? i already have some stuff on hand that we can use as basis for dicscussion.....do drop me pm with your contact numbers if u are interested?

paco

Reaction score
icequeenz said:
fyi.
cash withdrawal in hong kong dbs atms (with your dbs posb cards) are free from admin charges.

Is that true??? are they many dbs atms there? Really many thanks for this piece of valuable info :)

icequeenz

Reaction score
paco said:
Is that true??? are they many dbs atms there? Really many thanks for this piece of valuable info :)
you could check point 2 @ http://dbs.com/posb/posbatm/#global

eh...i don't consider the number of atms to be "many" but shd be easily found in places u guys frequent. There r afew in Central, in Admiralty, TST, Mongkok, Kwuntong/kowloonbay.

it's always safe to note down the exact places before you leave s'pore from dbs' site.

qqspot

Reaction score
chuan3205 said:
just contributing back to this thread; hope the others may contribute as well...

The return air tix via Jetstar i got was @$710 for 2.
Accommodation for 7D6N stay in DragonInn Hostel = S$300.
My own expenses I spent was ~S$700/.

Transportation fee was a killer imho ;)
I HAD TO AGREE WITH YOU!!

Transportation fee was a killer!!
lol.gif

As a proof i had been staying in HK for the pass 35 days aready!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.