~Porter Japan Official Thread~

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
KohChris said:
I don't see Japanese tourists in Singapore carrying porter/branded labels lately. Most of the time,they carry stylish bags with no obvious label/brand.

Personally I also haven't seen any local japanese tourist those young and hip one yet so far, but yes I have noticed like you most middle-aged japanese tourist all mostly carry those jipahlang no branding label waist messenger/totes. These kind of bags are actually pretty price-savvy and also decent among the japanese crowd too, because on japanese auctions I have seen them selling pretty well. I guess as long as the bag design is decent and it fits their needs, spending 4000-5000yen for a bag is definitely a more viable option than spending more moola on a Porter. That's for them lah I guess. :)

Something like why some local ppl prefer to spend the cash on Project Shop Bros/Zinc/Options those jipahlang kind of bags.

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Revolution said:
theres alot of ppl carrying porter in hk....definitely more than SG, but however, they have a pretty good spread.

seen more ppl carrying porter in TW.
nah..nowadays i see more and more ppl carry fake porter, cos beach rd is selling them kinda hate it though

Disincarnate

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
alanjw55 said:
nah..nowadays i see more and more ppl carry fake porter, cos beach rd is selling them kinda hate it though
FAKE PORTER AT BEACH RD??!?

damn them :s27:

kenjikuro

Master Member
Reaction score
sian.. something u may want to stop buying. is porters and cdg. go see. so many fake.

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'll still probably stick to porter..i kinda like it anyway a true fan will know fake or real

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kenjikuro said:
sian.. something u may want to stop buying. is porters and cdg. go see. so many fake.

Uh sorry, we don't stop buying a product just because lotsa ppl starts to buy fakes or unauthentic variants of it. It's because of the flair and pure support for your fav brand/label. You can bet out of 100 fake Porters made, 99 or maybe even the whole 100 cannot pass the durability QC check when it comes to usage. And I mean it, cos when it comes to Porter/Head Porter products, they use really good and reliable material fabric for their bags and stuffs. That's how they earn their name internationally, not because of just the brand and label. They emphasize on quality.

Fake good are everywhere, u just have to be street-smart enough not to purchase one. Just like sneakers, go see those fake AF1 by Nike, what LV Gucci collaboration. If u aren't that street-smart to even spot fakes, then honestly you shouldn't be dubbling into such expensive quality streetwear fashion at all in the first place, it's for the sake of your wallet.

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey for those who done overseas shopping on headporter website itself, how much is the shippin itself?

ultramarine

Reaction score
theRenaissance said:
Correction. Their in-house label is Surrender. Shop name is Surrender and it sells relatively hi-end street labels like Visvim, Headporter, Headporter+, DITA, Neighborhood, Savage Archives. More info here: http://www.surrenderous.com

Have any1 went to Surrender and check out the porters there? How's the collection like? Are the prices exorbitant? Better to order from rakuten/ coolcat then to buy from them?

panDaz

Reaction score
i bought a porter bag when i was in japan last month, and i must say the quality rocks! everything is so well made and there's so many compartments in the bag itself.. love it to bits..

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have any1 made an order from head porter.org b4?

can roughly brief me on the procedure?

alanjw55

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jayceho said:
wow.. beach road selling fakes??

btw.. how do you guys differentiate between real and fakes?
i differeniate it from the zips the fakes have ****ed up zips

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jayceho said:
wow.. beach road selling fakes??

btw.. how do you guys differentiate between real and fakes?

Buy from reputable sources, don't buy from what pasar malam, bugis street or wat shiat. Another thing would be the material used, but I have to admit that sometimes using the naked eye isn't enough, so best is still just buy from reputable sources. Either go Japan or HK official outlet buy when ya there for vacation, or buy from those trustworthy sites listed here or Yahoo/Rakuten.

cherryboom

Master Member
Reaction score
singapore also got sell ma. a surrender / ambush at youth park there. also reputable shop

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
My humble porter collections~ :o

Porter~

4kab9sz.jpg

Head Porter~

67rdmcx.jpg

Porter International (Bought wrongly)

4q5tv74.jpg

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
alanjw55 said:
the checkered design id nice
yellow and green one~? :o

those 2 are a bit too big, very tight inside jeans pocket~ :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.