HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dino999 said:
How come Hotel rate in December is OFF peak rate. Any reason for this? so much different from Singapore where Dec is our peak period. :s11: Any expert? Thanks

not school holiday till Christmas NY period

jastan

Master Member
Reaction score
lowjk said:
Singaporeans are funny people.
Rain ... complain.
Hot ... also complain.

boh liang pei...that's y complain mah...haha...actually, i prefer cooling weather in hk....

dino999

Master Member
Reaction score
s7460597 said:
not school holiday till Christmas NY period
Thanks for replying. But I thought local wun stay in local hotel. Or you are refering to China school holiday? :s11:

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Nowadays HK tourism industry mainly dependent on mainland tourists.

mydelta

Reaction score
icyboi4eva said:
me too
i'm in hk now too :D
hi,
may i know how's the weather at HK now ?
where you staying ? cos I'm trying to get help to know how far is Kimberly Hotel from the nearest MTR exit and if the exit has elevators.
cos I'm bringing my parents to HK next month and I worry they need to walk too far.

Musicguru

Reaction score
Musicguru said:
Can someone advise me: I'll be in hk for 5 days, is it worth to spend 1 day at Shenzhen or Macau?
Read the forum and alot of ppl go to shenzhen for shopping and seafood, can recommend some places to shop for clothes/fake bags for gf and eat seafood? Theme parks in Shenzhen worth going?

Also if going to shenzhen, is it better to go on Sat, Sun or Mon if given a choice? Need to know if the shops are closed on sun/mon or super peak crowds on sat etc...

Pls advice.

Thanks in advance! Really hope no more stupid typhoon...

No one can advice me on shenzhen? Just need to know if its worth going and whether I should go on sat, sun or monday... thinking of going on sunday but ppl in other forums say sun is peak.

icyboi4eva

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mydelta said:
hi,
where you staying ? cos I'm trying to get help to know how far is Kimberly Hotel from the nearest MTR exit and if the exit has elevators.
cos I'm bringing my parents to HK next month and I worry they need to walk too far.
oh the weather is not too bad
rain comes and goes off here and then
not that bad for me
anyway i'm not here to tour :D

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mydelta said:
hi,

If worried stay at Pruton Prudential. From hotel go directly to Jordan MTR station. Take escalators all the way down to basement level. on top of shopping mall. Advantage is can go all over via mtr without going out into the open. lots of food around there. Diagonally opposite is the Peking Restaurant. Have nice peking duck! Go for dinner before 7pm or have to make reservations. Temple street market around the corner only. Dont know about price difference though.

zeroflame

Master Member
Reaction score
Musicguru said:
No one can advice me on shenzhen? Just need to know if its worth going and whether I should go on sat, sun or monday... thinking of going on sunday but ppl in other forums say sun is peak.

Shenzhen is good for cheap shopping...

Luo hu(right side of custom) more of fake branded goods but i dun like the touting. irritating.

Lao jie(Dong men) is shopping heaven but u will need some time to dig around.Alot of stores!!

There is a queenspa there which is very cheap..if not wrong is the 2nd MRT stop.

Last stop will be Window of the world.Scale down size of famous building/structure in the world.

dino999

Master Member
Reaction score
s7460597 said:
If worried stay at Pruton Prudential. From hotel go directly to Jordan MTR station. Take escalators all the way down to basement level. on top of shopping mall. Advantage is can go all over via mtr without going out into the open. lots of food around there. Diagonally opposite is the Peking Restaurant. Have nice peking duck! Go for dinner before 7pm or have to make reservations. Temple street market around the corner only. Dont know about price difference though.
I have booked a room with Prudential in this coming Dec. Standard is $155 and superior is $175. Got $60 off from Zuji using UOB credit. Price up a bit compare to Kimberly, but is a 4* hotel and very near to MTR. =:p

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dino999 said:
I have booked a room with Prudential in this coming Dec. Standard is $155 and superior is $175. Got $60 off from Zuji using UOB credit. Price up a bit compare to Kimberly, but is a 4* hotel and very near to MTR. =:p

Just to clarify, dino999. Is the $155 and $175 before or after the $60 off?

dino999

Master Member
Reaction score
lowjk said:
Just to clarify, dino999. Is the $155 and $175 before or after the $60 off?
Is before. Please note that they charge extra $ like tax$20 and fee$60 for hotel and HK government. Not sure is it a common practice. In the end, I paid more... :s22:

Anyone knows metropark kowloon and BP international? reviews not bad.... :o

qqspot

Reaction score
NO matter how you book the Hotel in Hong Kong make sure you check the Taxes & HK Gov fee on your bill or like wise you will end up paying the thing in the end of your hotel.

So please advise and call the Hotels & your Agent and confirm and check clearly.

dino999

Master Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
NO matter how you book the Hotel in Hong Kong make sure you check the Taxes & HK Gov fee on your bill or like wise you will end up paying the thing in the end of your hotel.

So please advise and call the Hotels & your Agent and confirm and check clearly.
Oh, I see. This is something new to me. :o

dino999

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

chihjeun

Reaction score
saint88 said:
hello bro.. may i know how do u get the $60 off using UOB Credit Card? is there any promotion code to be entered during booking? and is the $60 off per nite or $60 off the total amount?
Thanks... hehehehe :s12: :s12:

I book from the hotel website and it said HKD750 nett, which is slightly more value-for-money. The rate is the same for weekdays and weekends.

qqspot

Reaction score
HKD750 nett at this rate end up you might endup in a crampy room!!

48f1e44202000n99.gif

Regards,
QQ

dino999

Master Member
Reaction score
My friend told me his hotel collected HK500 as deposit when he checked in and refund him when he checked out. Is it a common practice?

dino999

Master Member
Reaction score
zeroflame said:
Shenzhen is good for cheap shopping...

Luo hu(right side of custom) more of fake branded goods but i dun like the touting. irritating.

Lao jie(Dong men) is shopping heaven but u will need some time to dig around.Alot of stores!!

There is a queenspa there which is very cheap..if not wrong is the 2nd MRT stop.

Last stop will be Window of the world.Scale down size of famous building/structure in the world.
Would like to go to "Window of scale". May I know the name of your "last stop" =:p Is it at the "last stop" or do I need to further travel by cab or bus? Thanks.

xl8080

Reaction score
yupz. is quite common to collect a deposit. no worries abt tt. i stayed at prudential last yr. they will also collect a deposit from u when u check in and return u upon checking out. great hotel with amenties and gd accessibility. cheers

dino999 said:
My friend told me his hotel collected HK500 as deposit when he checked in and refund him when he checked out. Is it a common practice?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.