Introduction to the world of headphones

iewgnail

Reaction score
if only headphones, then get closed cans.

open cans not suitable for train bus.

btw the mylarone x3 is a iem not cans.

squalljay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
fortyseven said:
Btw, i will use the headphones on the move like travelling on the train n bus. So are the 2 models suitable?
If you are on the move then i will recommend you iem(in ear monitor) that is insert to the ear canal.

Smaller and offering good sound quality

for your budget you can either can the cheap mylar x3(65 bucks) , mylar xb (75 bucks)

or even westone um1 which is 160+ bucks

all the model can be found at Jaben (4-16) at Adelphi(next to funan)

you can also audition all the iem at there

Stereo_Electronics

Reaction score
squalljay said:
Open cans is those with grills one...offer little isolation but sound better than closed

closed headphone is those normal headphone you see outside

circumaural is cover the whole ear but is quite big

supraaural is smaller and sit on the ear

for your budget you can get either the Alessandro MS1 or Grado SR80

both around 160 bucks and is open..best used in a quiet enviroment
Just want to let you know that Audio Technica L3000 and Ultrasone Edition 9 are closed headphones, and they are flagship models from both company.

squalljay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stereo_Electronics said:
Just want to let you know that Audio Technica L3000 and Ultrasone Edition 9 are closed headphones, and they are flagship models from both company.
then you can say Grado, Sennheiser, Alessandro, AKG, Stax flagship models are all Open
:)

Stereo_Electronics

Reaction score
squalljay said:
Open cans is those with grills one...offer little isolation but sound better than closed

closed headphone is those normal headphone you see outside

circumaural is cover the whole ear but is quite big

supraaural is smaller and sit on the ear

for your budget you can get either the Alessandro MS1 or Grado SR80

both around 160 bucks and is open..best used in a quiet enviroment
I am well aware of all the brands available in this industry since I'm in this trade myself, but saying that open cans sound better than closed is very misleading for the readers here.

And closed headphones are not the normal headphones wore outdoors since Sennheiser PX-100, AKG K24p, Grado's iGrado, Koss portapro are open design.

fortyseven

Reaction score
can test earphones/headphones at stereo electronics too? i went to Jaben after work but it was closed. Kinda of disappointed. What are the opening hours?

geylang

Reaction score
look at the price difference before u compare bro. EP630 is very good for it performance. other brands at its price u get crap.

maybe u should give the new aurvana in-ear a try. Good quality without the high price.

John010

Reaction score
fortyseven said:
can test earphones/headphones at stereo electronics too? i went to Jaben after work but it was closed. Kinda of disappointed. What are the opening hours?
I think they close after 9pm daily, call and check.

Stereo_Electronics

Reaction score
fortyseven said:
We open from 11.30am to 9.30pm daily and yes, we have a range of headphones and earphones for our customers to try. For Jaben Network, you should always call before heading down, better safe than sorry.

fortyseven

Reaction score
Stereo_Electronics said:
We open from 11.30am to 9.30pm daily and yes, we have a range of headphones and earphones for our customers to try. For Jaben Network, you should always call before heading down, better safe than sorry.

thanks for the info. might drop by later after work.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.