~Porter Japan Official Thread~

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
theRenaissance said:
The other day I went the wisma outlet to take a look at their porter Int stuff. They have this tote bag which comes in black, green and brown. Green being a seasonal colour. Its identical to the HEAT series, but the price, a whopping $413 :s31: :s31:
:eek:

wah seems like more expensive than porter japan :s22:

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mosmos said:
:o yah, but everything look same leh.

only tag label different.

headporter only got an extra card inside.

Edited: Yoshida Porter lah, not Porter International. :o

logo for porter international on product is black in colour (below)

I think shunsuke is trying to say in his post that it's obvious from the label tag that Porter International tags are wholly diff from Yoshida Porter Tokyo/Headporter ones. IIRC, though I dun own any Headporter series line yet, I do know their bags some of them the label is white in colour one, and also the company wordings on the label is similiar to Yoshida Porter Tokyo series.

Anyway mosmos u finally buying their bags le, omedettou on ur purchase, u definitely won't regret it de. If I didn't recall wrongly, Takuya Kimura also own one of the Tanker 3-way series bag, saw in one of the japanese mags interview before. ^ ^ Their 3-way bags is really so convinient, can fill up so much stuffs inside, but unfortunately I'm a minimalist kind of person so I dun think I will get their 3-way series, still prefer and love their Tote bags.

Hrms just noticed the Navy color one for ur model is like significantly more exp than the ones u're getting from Cool-Cat shop. So diff seasonal colors equals to diff pricing? :s31:

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Haonan said:
I think shunsuke is trying to say in his post that it's obvious from the label tag that Porter International tags are wholly diff from Yoshida Porter Tokyo/Headporter ones. IIRC, though I dun own any Headporter series line yet, I do know their bags some of them the label is white in colour one, and also the company wordings on the label is similiar to Yoshida Porter Tokyo series.

Anyway mosmos u finally buying their bags le, omedettou on ur purchase, u definitely won't regret it de. If I didn't recall wrongly, Takuya Kimura also own one of the Tanker 3-way series bag, saw in one of the japanese mags interview before. ^ ^ Their 3-way bags is really so convinient, can fill up so much stuffs inside, but unfortunately I'm a minimalist kind of person so I dun think I will get their 3-way series, still prefer and love their Tote bags.

Hrms just noticed the Navy color one for ur model is like significantly more exp than the ones u're getting from Cool-Cat shop. So diff seasonal colors equals to diff pricing? :s31:
:eek: Takuya Kimura use what colour? got same as mine?

Btw, from what i see from pics, I think Black = Navy?

CoolCat shop used to price that bag in 30,000yen+ range. Only recently i go in and saw it become 20,000yen+, so quickly buy lor, maybe pricing mistake? :s22:

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haonan said:
If I didn't recall wrongly, Takuya Kimura also own one of the Tanker 3-way series bag, saw in one of the japanese mags interview before. ^
U still have the pics?! :D

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mosmos said:
:eek: Takuya Kimura use what colour? got same as mine?

Btw, from what i see from pics, I think Black = Navy?

CoolCat shop used to price that bag in 30,000yen+ range. Only recently i go in and saw it become 20,000yen+, so quickly buy lor, maybe pricing mistake? :s22:

He uses the Black color, as mentioned here on a website which I managed to find. I rem it was originally stated in the mag article that he has been a long supporter of the Porter Tanker series, with it been featured prominently ever since he worked on the TV drama "Love Generation" back in the older days. Also in the book 吉田カバン完全読本 70th Anniversary, there's a page scanned here thanks to the Kurachika Porter fan-site, it also revealed 2 of his fav Porter bags in there, with the left one purchased during when he was working on the TV production of "Engine", and the right one which is Tanker totebag tat he has been using for the past 18yrs (make it 20 now since the book was released in 2005), lol.

Details of the Porter Anniversary book can be found here on Amazon JP, if anyone's interested. And btw mosmos, I went to check out Yahoo JP and Rakuten stores abt the seasonal colors, and it's safe to say that it's not a pricing error by Cool-Cat. Apparently the Navy color for the Headporter Tanker series is a limited release, as further confirmed by 2 japanese websites that I know, details here and here. So it's correct to say once Navy color is sold out for the initial release, Hiroshi Fujiwara will only release the Black and Olive Green for every season now, which explains why the difference in pricing when u showed us the links in ur previous post.

I seriously didn't know abt this too till I went to check out several sites and japanese blogs, cos noob mar I nv buy the Tanker series before myself also. ^ ^ Now we all know liao, next time if go Japan managed to find the Navy color when u do ur shopping, must count urself lucky liao. :D

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kazuki666 said:
U still have the pics?! :D

Dun hav pics, it's a japanese mag article I read sometime back, I forgotten was it Men's Non-no or Cool Trans. TakuKimu has all along been a Porter fan and supporter, last time very long ago in his dramas also got feature the Tanker series line of bags, that's why this series also garnered some undying popularity even after such a long time. U can read the scan below though if ya interested, found in the Porter Anniversary book tat I mentioned in my previous post.

http://www.kurachika.jp/message/takuya.html

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks, haonan.
U not only japan exotic phone fan, even their fashion lor! :s7:

Btw, this bag:
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/porter/1192168/1181004/1299734/

and this on the right side:
http://www.kurachika.jp/message/takuya.html

Same???

That Porter Tanker in the 1st pic looks quite small ya? Can hold many things or not???

The other one kimutaku uses in "Engine", the shape looks abit weird huh? A helmet bag?:p

(That pair of white shoes he wearing, is that a normal canvas Converse? Cant be that simple for the king of dorama right. :p )

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Haonan said:
He uses the Black color, as mentioned here on a website which I managed to find. I rem it was originally stated in the mag article that he has been a long supporter of the Porter Tanker series, with it been featured prominently ever since he worked on the TV drama "Love Generation" back in the older days. Also in the book 吉田カバン完全読本 70th Anniversary, there's a page scanned here thanks to the Kurachika Porter fan-site, it also revealed 2 of his fav Porter bags in there, with the left one purchased during when he was working on the TV production of "Engine", and the right one which is Tanker totebag tat he has been using for the past 18yrs (make it 20 now since the book was released in 2005), lol.

Details of the Porter Anniversary book can be found here on Amazon JP, if anyone's interested. And btw mosmos, I went to check out Yahoo JP and Rakuten stores abt the seasonal colors, and it's safe to say that it's not a pricing error by Cool-Cat. Apparently the Navy color for the Headporter Tanker series is a limited release, as further confirmed by 2 japanese websites that I know, details here and here. So it's correct to say once Navy color is sold out for the initial release, Hiroshi Fujiwara will only release the Black and Olive Green for every season now, which explains why the difference in pricing when u showed us the links in ur previous post.

I seriously didn't know abt this too till I went to check out several sites and japanese blogs, cos noob mar I nv buy the Tanker series before myself also. ^ ^ Now we all know liao, next time if go Japan managed to find the Navy color when u do ur shopping, must count urself lucky liao. :D
wah so detailed~ :s22:

Thanks for the info~:s7:

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kazuki666 said:
thanks, haonan.
U not only japan exotic phone fan, even their fashion lor! :s7:

No prob, glad to help out and share advice with fellow forumers, it's my pleasure. Me ah? hopelessly engrossed always with anything that's gonna do with japanese culture, thats why u see me post so many theories and long-winded s-hitlogy in the exotic forum, another epitome of myself, the true statement for my flair for such stuffs lol.

Abt the Rakuten link u had posted, yes that's the model of his tote bag, as stated on the page itself. It's known as the Porter Helmet series. As for his another bag, I'm not really sure what model is that as the pic is too small to make out, but presuming there's a sling velcro attached on it, it shd be one of the Shoulder bag range series under Headporter/Porter Tokyo.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haonan said:
Abt the Rakuten link u had posted, yes that's the model of his tote bag, as stated on the page itself. It's known as the Porter Helmet series. As for his another bag, I'm not really sure what model is that as the pic is too small to make out, but presuming there's a sling velcro attached on it, it shd be one of the Shoulder bag range series under Headporter/Porter Tokyo.

That Porter Helmet series, anywhere in sg i can see and try it physically? I prefer to see it visually before deciding on buying lor. (Now is the kimutaku factor that is making me gian. :p )
Btw, u know why is it call Helmet series? It looks quite flat leh, can hold a motorbike helmet? :s13:

ZeroDivine

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kazuki666 said:
t
(That pair of white shoes he wearing, is that a normal canvas Converse? Cant be that simple for the king of dorama right. :p )
converse kind of design, but don't think it's converse.
The converse canvas design is like one of the most heavily copied design. u can find them all over with other brands even levi's. Japanese brands do churn out their own copies too but with different skin etc (essentially still converse look alike), and they can cost pretty high.

Constant

Master Member
Reaction score
kazuki666 said:
That Porter Helmet series, anywhere in sg i can see and try it physically? I prefer to see it visually before deciding on buying lor. (Now is the kimutaku factor that is making me gian.)
Btw, u know why is it call Helmet series? It looks quite flat leh, can hold a motorbike helmet?

Hi all,

I would also like to take a look at the Porter Tanker Series (esp. the 2-way and 3-way) ones... Is there any where in Singapore I can take a look before buying? At Wisma Porter International Shop? :s11: :D :o

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Takuya Kimura lai le~ lai le~

ordered last saturday, arrive today, so fast~ :s22:

mtvz3l.jpg

ve26p5.jpg

5z43lh

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kazuki666 said:
That Porter Helmet series, anywhere in sg i can see and try it physically? I prefer to see it visually before deciding on buying lor. (Now is the kimutaku factor that is making me gian. :p )
Btw, u know why is it call Helmet series? It looks quite flat leh, can hold a motorbike helmet? :s13:

Can try Surrender at Devonshire Rd, behind Somerset. They do bring in imported Porter/HP stuffs, but I dun think they hav a wide range of catalog of items as compared to those online Rakuten/Yahoo shops. Can also try Wisma and Paragon those Porter International outlets, to see whether got similiarly designed ones anot.

Not sure why it's called the Helmet bag leh, but for Porter itself they do have alot of diff genre kinds of bags to suit everyone, like shoulder bags, waist bags, tote , 2-way/3-way, boston (those sports kind) as well as even dedicated bags for iPod range, mobile phone pouches and even camera bags. ^ ^

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mosmos said:
Takuya Kimura lai le~ lai le~

ordered last saturday, arrive today, so fast~ :s22:

Woot wee, congrats on ur arrival of the bag mosmos! Ya EMS is usually pretty fast within 2-3 days will reach us liao, cos Japan within same region as Singapore under the Asia region category for shipment.

Enjoy ur new bag ah hehe. :s12:

Constant

Master Member
Reaction score
Haonan said:
Can try Surrender at Devonshire Rd, behind Somerset. They do bring in imported Porter/HP stuffs, but I dun think they hav a wide range of catalog of items as compared to those online Rakuten/Yahoo shops. Can also try Wisma and Paragon those Porter International outlets, to see whether got similiarly designed ones anot.

Not sure why it's called the Helmet bag leh, but for Porter itself they do have alot of diff genre kinds of bags to suit everyone, like shoulder bags, waist bags, tote , 2-way/3-way, boston (those sports kind) as well as even dedicated bags for iPod range, mobile phone pouches and even camera bags. ^ ^

OIC. I went to the Surrender at FEP...
Thanks Haonan! Will brop by if I have the time to take a look at the bags available there (Hope that they carry the Tanker Series). :)

theRenaissance

Reaction score
Just a head-up, Surrender is an official stockist for Headporter. They do not have Porter Tokyo in stores.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.