~Porter Japan Official Thread~

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ryoshi said:
dsc01065gz7.jpg

They really look very swee lor! But like not very suitable for working ppl leh... Coz usually its "safer" to carry a leather wallet...:p

mosmos, thats the tanker that haonan uploaded its pic a few posts ago?
No offence, how comes it look abit different from the kimutaku pic wan... :s11:

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
theRenaissance said:
Just a head-up, Surrender is an official stockist for Headporter. They do not have Porter Tokyo in stores.

By what u mean official stockist, I believe u mean they are an official reseller for Headporter line of products? But as I had mentioned in this post here, basically Headporter and Porter Tokyo products are just different lines of products manufactured and released under the same sole company, by Yoshidakaban. That's also the reason why they share the same company label tag on their own range of products. I had always had the idea they import and bring in both the Headporter and Porter Tokyo series, since it's really hard to differentiate them since both lines do theortically share similiar product series as well, example Porter Tanker and Headporter Tanker.

Still, thanks for the heads up regarding this info. I'm sorry if I had divulged some wrong information earlier on here, hope I didn't mislead anyone. :o

theRenaissance

Reaction score
Haonan said:
By what u mean official stockist, I believe u mean they are an official reseller for Headporter line of products? But as I had mentioned in this post here, basically Headporter and Porter Tokyo products are just different lines of products manufactured and released under the same sole company, by Yoshidakaban. That's also the reason why they share the same company label tag on their own range of products. I had always had the idea they import and bring in both the Headporter and Porter Tokyo series, since it's really hard to differentiate them since both lines do theortically share similiar product series as well, example Porter Tanker and Headporter Tanker.

Still, thanks for the heads up regarding this info. I'm sorry if I had divulged some wrong information earlier on here, hope I didn't mislead anyone. :o

Yup they are recognized by Porter as the official stockist for Headporter / Headporter+ range of products here in Singapore.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kazuki666 said:

Kazuki, u need to read post #128 in this thread again. Porter Tanker 3-way bag used by TakuKimu-san, was mentioned in a japanese mag article I saw awhile back while browsing at Kinokuniya. The other 2 bags mentioned here, which is originalled scanned and extracted from the Porter Anniversary book titled "吉田カバン完全読本", was released in 2005 and it has nothing to do with the magazine feature that I had read recently at all. So all in all there's only one conclusion, he bought the Tanker 3-way bag only recently nia, which is of no surprise really to anyone, as I believe he can afford any premium label bags he wanted since he's a superstar himself.

Hope that ans ur question. ^ ^

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
kazuki666 said:
:s22: look same , label also same mah~

maybe it's flatten lor~

5z43lh

img10211087144.jpeg

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haonan said:
Kazuki, u need to read post #128 in this thread again. Porter Tanker 3-way bag used by TakuKimu-san, was mentioned in a japanese mag article I saw awhile back while browsing at Kinokuniya. The other 2 bags mentioned here, which is originalled scanned and extracted from the Porter Anniversary book titled "吉田カバン完全読本", was released in 2005 and it has nothing to do with the magazine feature that I had read recently at all. So all in all there's only one conclusion, he bought the Tanker 3-way bag only recently nia, which is of no surprise really to anyone, as I believe he can afford any premium label bags he wanted since he's a superstar himself.

Hope that ans ur question. ^ ^

Hi haonan. Paiseh ah, coz i really know nothing abt all this fashion thingie. (only know abitt abt Visual Rock.:D )

soso, the bag mosmos-san just bought in his pic is a Tanker 3way bag?
Which is also the bag in this pic? (the item on the right side)
http://www.kurachika.jp/message/takuya.html

And lets say i want to buy that Porter Helmet series, would there be anything like its Tokyo Porter, Headporter or what? Coz i rem u all said before there are "three different labels" for porter itself.
Or each label will have its own release, and wont overlap in their items?

(Anyone going to buy from rakuten soon? Can i tag along? I dun understand japanese websites lor... :o )

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kazuki666 said:
soso, the bag mosmos-san just bought in his pic is a Tanker 3way bag?
Which is also the bag in this pic? (the item on the right side)

Ok I clarify one by one slowly with u. Firstly, what mosmos had purchased is the Porter Tanker 3-way bag. Headporter also has their own series of Tanker 3-series, as originally stated in one of his posts, full catalog can be found on headporter.org. Difference btw both Porter Tokyo and Headporter? It's quite a dazzling history to write on, but to make it short Headporter is a company started in 1998 with only 2 outlets one in Harujuku another in New York, is founded and spearheaded by musician/designer Hiroshi Fujiwara , who also designs his own in-house labels like hTm and GoodEnough.

As for Porter Tokyo by Yoshidakaban, it's founded since 1935, which has a longer history than Headporter, but it wasn't until 1983 when the Tanker series was launched and designed by Katsuyuki Yoshida (3rd son of the founder), and subsequently a yr after in 1984, when their Luggage Label was released, then they started to garner in popularity. More info can be found here. (I'm sorry its in japanese wiki, but that's the only decent article I can find that covers the company history and its label series, scroll down for its full product series covered by Porter Tokyo/HP)

kazuki666 said:
And lets say i want to buy that Porter Helmet series, would there be anything like its Tokyo Porter, Headporter or what? Coz i rem u all said before there are "three different labels" for porter itself.
Or each label will have its own release, and wont overlap in their items?

(Anyone going to buy from rakuten soon? Can i tag along? I dun understand japanese websites lor... :o )

All u need to know is, Porter Tokyo has its own in-house designers (with Katsuyuki Yoshida as the son and main designer for the Yoshidakaban company), while Headporter is solely started and its products designed by Hiroshi Fujiwara. Porter Tokyo also has more of its outlets spread throughout Japan, but Headporter only has a single outlet located in Harajuku. But it's worthnotey to note that Headporter is part of a division of Yoshidakaban now and since then Hiroshi Fujiwara has been doing designs for Yoshida Porter Tokyo too, thus u can see the crossover designs in terms of the Tanker series started by Yoshidakaban originally.

Porter International is just another label started by its Taiwan distributor, with authorisation by Yoshidakaban itself, thus the borrowed name of "Porter". More info: http://www.ll-porter.com/home.htm

As for Rakuten, I will fill u in if I know of anyone conducting MO or something in this thread. Seriously if u dunno japanese, I think with the help of VpostJapan it would usually solve ur problem. Or next time if I'm ordering my next bag I will let u know agn.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kazuki666 said:

Nope, 2 diff bags. The 3-way bag that mosmos have is known as a Briefcase/Laptop bag (with multi-functional 3 ways of carrying it), under the Tanker series. The one stated on the Kurachika site from the book scan, what Takuya-san has showed on tat page is a Helmet bag but I would prefer to call it under the Tote bag, also under the Tanker series.

theRenaissance

Reaction score
Hmmm so Porter International is actually legit? I'm not really sure about this but I've heard alot of accusations that P.Int is fake.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
theRenaissance said:
Hmmm so Porter International is actually legit? I'm not really sure about this but I've heard alot of accusations that P.Int is fake.

I'm not sure whether or not Porter International products are considered 'legit' in the eyes of bag fashionistas and fashionmistas alike, but one thing I know for certain is in Taiwan back in 2001, when Porter International Company Limited (the Taiwan distributor) setup their company, no-one actually registered the trademark behind the name "Porter" (domestic or international issue, I'm not sure), so they saw the chance, setup a partnership with Yoshidakaban in the sense that they bring in materials made in japan, but with their own factory setup in Taiwan they made their own bags there domestically prolly to save up costs, and then slap the "Porter International" trademark onto their own label. That's why if u had went to the Porter International website earlier on, u can see tat their label is just written "Porter International", nothing to do with Yoshida & Co.

This is how hardcore Porter fans differentiate btw them, and also why it caused some fanboyism uproar last time when true Porter fans found out abt Porter International. (inferior modified designs, Made in Taiwan vs Made in Japan are among some of the factors involved etc)

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haonan said:
Nope, 2 diff bags. The 3-way bag that mosmos have is known as a Briefcase/Laptop bag (with multi-functional 3 ways of carrying it), under the Tanker series. The one stated on the Kurachika site from the book scan, what Takuya-san has showed on tat page is a Helmet bag but I would prefer to call it under the Tote bag, also under the Tanker series.

"mystery" solved. :D

Thats what i wanted to ask lor. Coz i was blur how come 2 bags look so different yet u call them the same name...:p

What i am interested is the black one on the right:

or this:
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/porter/1192168/1181004/1299734/

Btw, i notice their material is like quite soft like that. A very silly qns. Is it durable or not???:p :s13:

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now i understanding that there are 3 porter labels. Do fans or collectors rank them in terms of prestigious and fame?

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
tanker material is quite soft and slippery, sometimes if yr nails are sharp, you might hooked a thread out, dunno how to explain more. :o

material itself is quite durable for my tanker wallet after using for 1-2yrs.

king1980

Banned
Reaction score
went to the surrender shop yesterday, they selling head-porter brief bag at 470sgd..
kind of ex right..

theRenaissance

Reaction score
king1980 said:
went to the surrender shop yesterday, they selling head-porter brief bag at 470sgd..
kind of ex right..

Ur talking about the big one issit? Because Porter's prices are like this, same goes for HP/Porter.Intl. The tote bag I wanan get already close 270 :s22: :s22:

Sauron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got this one at the Kurachika Yoshida shop in Tokyo last month. Cost 24,150yen

20070925_0025-1.jpg

Constant

Master Member
Reaction score
king1980 said:
kind of ex right..

Hmmm... That is pretty ex...
Which brief-bag are you looking at? :s11: :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.