HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

qqspot

Reaction score
garfieldhello said:
HUH?
Octoupus card does not include KCR then i need to purchase another card? How much?
U are a HongKonger?
Staying for long QQ?
Normal Octpus Card will able to ride everything from Bus, Mtr. Kcr & Buy food and drinks from 7/eleven & K Mart.

To makan at Cafe De Coral and Maxim Cafe and etc..

But if you are taking a 3 day MTR Tourist Card you only allow t use in MTR and airport express. The rest you have to topup. If you do not get what i mean please kindly go to http://WWW.MTR.COM.HK

I am a Singaporean whom born and breed in Singapore.

Regards,
QQ

qqspot

Reaction score
RobinYip said:
to enter shenzhen from HK we just nid to bring our passports right? no nid to fill in any forms or visas rite?
You need to fill up an entry card when you are in China Customs and also an exit card when you are out of China.

qqspot

Reaction score
weehong21 said:
Hi qqspot,

Did you stay the one at Lockhart Road or Paterson Street at studiostudio. Do they provide fresh bedsheet, pillow and blanket? Any towels provided? Trying to decide which one to take. Can you recommend?

Thanks
They have a few places in HOng Kong Island now.
they do provide fresh bedsheet, pillow and blanket, mircowave and tolitet paper and hot shower and BEST PART FREE WI FI the whole building!!

They are Local REAL HK Apartment with HK Style. If you want to tase how HK Lifestyle like you must stay there. If not I will stil recommened you to stay at Tourist area to be kana CHOP by the tourist Hotel or Shops.

End of the day you will make the call

As for the studiostudio. I had always been staying there since 2006 July. Everytime i am back r station in HK i will be there and pending my lovely sweet dream on a quiet Lockhart Road in Wan Chai.

To be truth, I love wan Chai Wan due to the place, Ding Ding Tram only HKD2.00(Around SGD0.45)

As you know HK Transport FEE wil be a Killer. If you had Been to HK and travel thier Mini Bus, Big Bus, MTR & KCR WORST TAXI you will know what i mean.

Regards,
QQ

garfieldhello

Reaction score
qqspot said:
Normal Octpus Card will able to ride everything from Bus, Mtr. Kcr & Buy food and drinks from 7/eleven & K Mart.

To makan at Cafe De Coral and Maxim Cafe and etc..

But if you are taking a 3 day MTR Tourist Card you only allow t use in MTR and airport express. The rest you have to topup. If you do not get what i mean please kindly go to http://WWW.MTR.COM.HK

I am a Singaporean whom born and breed in Singapore.

Regards,
QQ
Thanks alot !!!
Going to HK tomolo and staying in Majestry

charvet

Reaction score
qqspot said:
Tour package for F&Easy and tour group package is also a rip off from the consumer. Best is to DIY and buy air tickets + hotel

Or you can pm me a PM and i can able to book the hotel for you as i am in Hong Kong now.

Hmm, u mean if book the hotels in hk will be cheaper? cuz one of my colleague's friend is staying in hk and maybe i can get her to book too if its very much cheaper... Thanks. :)

qqspot

Reaction score
charvet said:
Hmm, u mean if book the hotels in hk will be cheaper? cuz one of my colleague's friend is staying in hk and maybe i can get her to book too if its very much cheaper... Thanks. :)
No all Hotels in HK will be expansive is all depends on your budget.

There also Hotel Tax you must take note of.

I just help out since i am in HK now.

RobinYip

Reaction score
knn, forgot to take back my refund for my Airport Express Octopus card....they should have put a sign when we alight from the train...*&@#(&#$

RobinYip

Reaction score
qqspot said:
You lost HKD50 from the card...

nvm la...take it as souvenir la....or anybody going there soon help me take e refund back as i got 5 cards....will give 20% as commission... :s13:

qqspot

Reaction score
RobinYip said:
nvm la...take it as souvenir la....or anybody going there soon help me take e refund back as i got 5 cards....will give 20% as commission... :s13:
Check your PM i can hepl you with that...

gokepon

Reaction score
Finally finished ploughing through the 159 pages T_T

Heaps of valuable/handy info indeed!

Going this year end abt week before xmas

Hope someone might help me here:

1) How much does a pack of smokes costs there? :s13:

2) Much like to know about K songing places. Or some suggested K pubs :)

Cheers!

weehong21

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

To contribute back to this forum, i found something useful for esp pple who have GPS OR PDA handphone. there is this map where you can download from the tourism website for HK and macau. I personally find it fantastic for the macau one. But for the HK one, seem that its does not support my windows mobile for the map:(....but i think pple out there can try the HK one. Its will should be very useful if it works for you.

Hongkong

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/travelneeds/business/pda/download.jhtml

Macau

http://www.macautourism.gov.mo/macaumap/en/index.php

cdo_saturday

Master Member
Reaction score
whao, glad to stumble upon this thread.

I'm planning my first trip to hong kong this year end. I would like to visit Macau, Hong Kong and Zhu Hai. Is transit to/fro these areas convenient?

I checked the air tix. To Macau via tiger is ~$500 for 2 pax. To Hongkong, it's ~$800 - $1K via Jetstar, cathaypacific.

Some friends told me I should just book a tour package for F&E as the hotel would be cheaper. Any advise from you guys?

cdo_saturday

Master Member
Reaction score
weehong21 said:
Hi everyone,

To contribute back to this forum, i found something useful for esp pple who have GPS OR PDA handphone. there is this map where you can download from the tourism website for HK and macau. I personally find it fantastic for the macau one. But for the HK one, seem that its does not support my windows mobile for the map:(....but i think pple out there can try the HK one. Its will should be very useful if it works for you.

Hongkong

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/travelneeds/business/pda/download.jhtml

Macau

http://www.macautourism.gov.mo/macaumap/en/index.php

Bro, do u mean the HK map does not support WM5/6 which was why u didn't install it or u installed but it does not work?

juchua

Reaction score
Fireworks on 1st Oct 2007

For people that is going to be in HK on 1st Oct, you can try to catch the fireworks display at Symphony of Lights area. It's National Day and there will be fireworks display at 9.15pm. ..

weehong21

Reaction score
cdo_saturday said:
Bro, do u mean the HK map does not support WM5/6 which was why u didn't install it or u installed but it does not work?
I have installed on WM5 but the map din work, but the HK guide work.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If wanna watch the fireworks go early. Was there last year. Very spectacular. Total number of spectators estimated to be 500,000!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.