HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

cdo_saturday

Master Member
Reaction score
justyn05 said:
and i think i book tiger for gg to macau den jetstar from HK back to sin.
total for 2 person 600+.
ex bo ah?

I wish to know too cos' this is also what i've planned
:s12:

justyn05

Reaction score
cdo_saturday said:
I wish to know too cos' this is also what i've planned
:s12:
I calculate the other way round.

This time is take jetstar to HK, den tiger back from macau.
Seems to be slighty cheaper.

any one comments? thanks.

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
y not go by tiger and back by tiger cheaper?? my for dec is ard 330+pax

qqspot

Reaction score
Mr_woW5 said:
eh dude seriously if u want cheaper, u book yourself online. tour agency packages sure more expensive de. imho :)
I could not agree more...

cdo_saturday you are paying more on the ferry tickets from Macau to HK

qqspot

Reaction score
doran_lum, i was very puzzled that most singaporean really do not mind cheap and end up flying by tiger and then go Macau the take ferry to HK.

For the money and time is not really worth unless you stopby Macau for a few days...

qqspot

Reaction score
doran_lum said:
hi everyone, will be going HK but will be landing at Macau airport.... If i take a ferry i have to take the one heading to the ferry near Sheung Wan MTR rite ? anyway my hotel is Cosmo near Causeway Bay MTR ...

Anyway anyone has stay at Cosmo before ? wad's you experience there

Causeway Bay good luck on the car & bus noise and pollution!!

Food is nice love to go there for food.

cdo_saturday

Master Member
Reaction score
SibehEng said:
Some of us might want to visit Hong Kong as well. For me, I need to factor in the ferry tix from Macau to Hongkong. I think to shop and tour around HongKong may require at least 2 days?

cdo_saturday

Master Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
I could not agree more...

cdo_saturday you are paying more on the ferry tickets from Macau to HK
qqspot, i think you're quite experienced. Perhaps U can advise me on this:

I plan to go there for about 5 days - Hongkong, Macau, Zhuhai. (i heard zhuhai is a must-go that's why i thought of flying into macau and from there enter zhuhai).

I'm still tabulating the costs of air tix + ferry and deciding if it's more feasible for me to land in HK and go into Macau and zhuhai or land in Macau, visit Zhuhai and go hongkong shop before flying back from Hongkong itself.

What do you suggest? :o

qqspot

Reaction score
SibehEng said:
you still pay the ferry ticket from macau to hk or another way round

Ferry tickets = SGD 30++ per trip

qqspot

Reaction score
I plan to go there for about 5 days - Hongkong, Macau, Zhuhai. (i heard zhuhai is a must-go that's why i thought of flying into macau and from there enter zhuhai).

I'm still tabulating the costs of air tix + ferry and deciding if it's more feasible for me to land in HK and go into Macau and zhuhai or land in Macau, visit Zhuhai and go hongkong shop before flying back from Hongkong itself.

What do you suggest? :o[/QUOTE]

1st you seem to have a TIGHT timetable.

2nd Ask yourself Timetable - Piority of Places - Time Wasted= $$$ Spend/Total Budget

If you can use this formula will help you a lot

If you really want to go 3 places at 5 day i bet you will not see much of the each place / time you spend.

You will be pack like tuna cans of your timetable = Thta is not my kind of hoilday i will want to go.

This is how to be done if you want to go.

Ffly in to Macau by Tiger (Crappy Time FLights)
The take a bus to Macau Zhuhai Borders.
Walk in to clear the customs, stay in Zhuhai. (They have the cheapest breakfast i had ate.)
Take a taxi to Zhuhai ferry say you want to go to Hong Kong ( CHeck the timtable of the ferry 1 day before)
Reach Hong Kong the last few day before you go back Singapore fly back by Jetstar.

*you only paid one ferry from Zhuhai to Hong Kong.
You only paid the bus in macau and taxi in Zhuhai.

Enjoy your trip,
Regards,
QQ

cdo_saturday

Master Member
Reaction score
qqspot said:
1st you seem to have a TIGHT timetable.

2nd Ask yourself Timetable - Piority of Places - Time Wasted= $$$ Spend/Total Budget

If you can use this formula will help you a lot

If you really want to go 3 places at 5 day i bet you will not see much of the each place / time you spend.

You will be pack like tuna cans of your timetable = Thta is not my kind of hoilday i will want to go.

This is how to be done if you want to go.

Ffly in to Macau by Tiger (Crappy Time FLights)
The take a bus to Macau Zhuhai Borders.
Walk in to clear the customs, stay in Zhuhai. (They have the cheapest breakfast i had ate.)
Take a taxi to Zhuhai ferry say you want to go to Hong Kong ( CHeck the timtable of the ferry 1 day before)
Reach Hong Kong the last few day before you go back Singapore fly back by Jetstar.

*you only paid one ferry from Zhuhai to Hong Kong.
You only paid the bus in macau and taxi in Zhuhai.

Enjoy your trip,
Regards,
QQ
Ur suggestion looks good. Is transportation easily available if I want to go to places of interest in Macau (after I walk in from Zhuhai)? If my 5 days is really too tight, then perhaps I should skip touring in Macau (meaning only land in Macau and head straight to zhuhai liao) and enjoy my holiday in Zhuhai (for cheap stay/cheap food/cheap buys :D ) and Hongkong (great food!).

doran_lum

Reaction score
qqspot said:
doran_lum, i was very puzzled that most singaporean really do not mind cheap and end up flying by tiger and then go Macau the take ferry to HK.

For the money and time is not really worth unless you stopby Macau for a few days...

actually the hotel was quite last min as tat week was macau fireworks festival, couldn't book the hotels we wanted (my gf is picky on hotel) .. so had to book one at HK ... heheee

Last edited:

vlazygirl

Reaction score
does anyone have recommendations for Macau hotels? I was considering Lisboa, any feedback on this hotel?

thanks.

xteam88

Reaction score
doran_lum said:
now the exhange rate is quite good ... 1SG = HK$5.20

damn .. i change last week at HK$5.16

Please let me know which money changer give such good exchange rate?
:)

doran_lum

Reaction score
xteam88 said:
Please let me know which money changer give such good exchange rate?
:)

The one at suntec ...oh i left the name card in office ... i usually call to ask before i go down n change

ok .. in office now ... It's Fountain Money Changer ... 63378128

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.