HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

xteam88

Reaction score
doran_lum said:
The one at suntec ...oh i left the name card in office ... i usually call to ask before i go down n change

ok .. in office now ... It's Fountain Money Changer ... 63378128
Thanks! :)

EvoBen

Reaction score
Hi all,

sorry to hijack alittle..

coz i'm heading up to hk next week.. and have no idea on what to see and where to go..

any ideas or suggestions? my mom and granny is coming along with me thou...

going there for 3 days then 1 day in shenzhen and 1 day in macau...

any ideaS?

thanks guys..

qqspot

Reaction score
EvoBen said:
Hi all,

sorry to hijack alittle..

coz i'm heading up to hk next week.. and have no idea on what to see and where to go..

any ideas or suggestions? my mom and granny is coming along with me thou...

going there for 3 days then 1 day in shenzhen and 1 day in macau...

any ideaS?

thanks guys..
go to HTBK or go google.com.hk

to do a search on HK And Macau...

defn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if any of you go HK can help check the price of PS3? Thanks!

gokepon

Reaction score
so qiao i'll be also staying in largos this dec!

perhaps you can share how's the hotel and the nearby nice food places when ya back ^_^

kakaBoBo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go hk on the 19oct this month.
what the cheapest package i can get ?

was quote acout 750.
steep leh

kisekino

Reaction score
gokepon said:
so qiao i'll be also staying in largos this dec!

perhaps you can share how's the hotel and the nearby nice food places when ya back ^_^

cant get largos.. so changed to evergreen le :p

eurofunk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
went harbour city, mostly branded stuffs. ppl queing up to go in and grabbing bags out like free one. out of 10 people who go in, 8 walk out with a purchase for both LV and gucci boutiques, unlike in SG, mostly go in wayang and come out empty handed. Also, the ATMs are always filled with long ques, seems that everyone is printing money.

notice most atms run out of cash, amazing how these hong kong ppl spend.

Went to the ITAMAE SUSHI, tried alot of the different stuff, think the best is still the fatty salmon but the rest are all so-so even with the hoo haa que they have outside.

Xu Liu Shan selling all the mango stuff is great, spent quite a bit at their various outlets each time i pass by.

nike factory outlet at camelpaint can be missed, small and nothing. Ladies street, can go just for the sake of going but theres nothing much also, they treat the ang mos better when ur there can see for urself. Saw how a poor korean lady who kena scold upside down when she touched some earings and asked abt the price, in the end didnt buy. the "store keeper" scold her mouth itchy, ask liao dont buy.

Tons of empty stalls with just table and magazine showing branded bags, they will talk to u and bring u up a small stairway into a small room filled with fake branded goods.

spotted UMBRO factory outlet at entrepot centre too.

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eurofunk said:
went harbour city, mostly branded stuffs. ppl queing up to go in and grabbing bags out like free one. out of 10 people who go in, 8 walk out with a purchase for both LV and gucci boutiques, unlike in SG, mostly go in wayang and come out empty handed. Also, the ATMs are always filled with long ques, seems that everyone is printing money.

Average mainlander who can afford to shop in HK is far richer than the average Singaporean ??

dino999

Master Member
Reaction score
kakaBoBo said:
go hk on the 19oct this month.
what the cheapest package i can get ?

was quote acout 750.
steep leh
i DIY on mid Dec. so far spend abt 2200 on hotel and air ticket for 4 person. Haven't include transport and food. Hope it wun cost much :o

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dino999 said:
i DIY on mid Dec. so far spend abt 2200 on hotel and air ticket for 4 person. Haven't include transport and food. Hope it wun cost much :o

Really depends on U.
You can eat simply at roadside cafe, go upmarket a little and eat at Cafe De Coral or blow a few hundred bucks per meal eating abalone.
To me, the best bang for the buck is Golden Baihinuia at HKCC - upmarket, good view of the harbour, yet quiet with very good seafood with excellent service. Much better than the horridly crowded and noisy Yung Kee. About S$50-60/pax.

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
doran_lum said:
now the exhange rate is quite good ... 1SG = HK$5.20

damn .. i change last week at HK$5.16
anyone try be4 people`s park?? i heard that there can get good rate ..

icequeenz

Reaction score
lowjk said:
Average mainlander who can afford to shop in HK is far richer than the average Singaporean ??
Is this a question or an exclaimation?
Well....haven't you heard of mainlanders bringing their stash of HKD$1000 notes tiedup with a rubber band..then stand at the cashier and start counting piece by piece to pay?
Believe it or not lar...of course when there are extreme riches there will be ppl...less well off.

qqspot

Reaction score
hang-seng.jpg

Rollercoaster ride as blue chips swing from highs to lows

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?pp_cat=2&art_id=54492&sid=15669325&con_type=1

No wonder HKD exchange rate so good

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.