HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hiei02 said:
with all due respect, pls don't be stupid. i don't wanna pay for that becoz $3 is nonsense for a small bottle of water, and its $8 for a hot meal. if you wanna be a carrot, by all means brudder. =)

It is not being stupid. Either one endures the flight without drinking or one pays for it. $3 for a bottle of water is not too bad considering the regulation that one cannot bring water on board.

hiei02

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lik i said, its ur call. $3 to me is exp. no nid to pour sarcasm on one affording to fly but cant bear to spend on water.

leroce

Reaction score
on your way back to SG, please keep some SGD.
else your food will be more than the menu price.

lets say pay by HKD, stewardess will return change of SGD instead of HKD, due sucky onboard exchange rate. you consumers sure kenna carrot further

qqspot

Reaction score
lowjk said:
It is not being stupid. Either one endures the flight without drinking or one pays for it. $3 for a bottle of water is not too bad considering the regulation that one cannot bring water on board.
This topic is very subjective...

[[Either one endures the flight without drinking or one pays for it.]]

I had been to both side of the world, I had endures without water on the flight for 3 hrs on Jetstar & only done my trick by asking them for free Ice Cude to kill my thirst.

I had also paid the drinks onboard. SGD 3 buck or even more as if i had call more then 2 bottle/can of drinks.

I had also gotten free treat drink by the next passanger sit over me. By starting up some small chat on board the flight.

I had also learned how to save $3 for not buying onboard from Jetstar. And buy from HKIA after clearing HK Customs. And yet you can bring in Bottle Drinks onboard the flights. (This only applied to Hong Kong - Singapore Flights only!!)

I had also learn how you can bring in your Bottle Drinks more then 100ml. If you have some special & funny reasons which you can prove yourself to do so.

End of the day, is all up to you weather you enjoy the flight or not?

Ask yourself, Are you going to HK for Hoildays? . Because you are also paying for your gf or bf also. Another point is you will also buy in HK 7/Eleven & K Mart when you walk the streets, correct? They will cost you SGD2-3 per bottle of water when you buy from 7/Eleven & K Mart. If Yes, I think is just worth for my point of view to paid the SGD3 bucks

Are you going there for your normal regular trip. I bet that does only apply of 10-20% of the Singaporeans & Former Hong Kong people. Then is more worth to save just a little bit more.
4a46b55d0200115b.jpg

Regards,
QQ

qqspot

Reaction score
leroce said:
on your way back to SG, please keep some SGD.
else your food will be more than the menu price.

lets say pay by HKD, stewardess will return change of SGD instead of HKD, due sucky onboard exchange rate. you consumers sure kenna carrot further
This is already know for the tatics when i board Jetstar for the 1st time.

garfieldhello

Reaction score
hiei02 said:
lik i said, its ur call. $3 to me is exp. no nid to pour sarcasm on one affording to fly but cant bear to spend on water.
Aiyo, from each his best ..... no worries Bro

qqspot

Reaction score
Just saw the HK News that on the China Golden week.

Mainland People come to Hong Kong for Hoilday will average will spend a range from HKD/RMB 60K - 70!!

Is like OMG!!

2007372.gif

Regards,
QQ

bh0322

Reaction score
ggspot, is it cheap to develop your photos in HK? Or is it common to find those shops that develop photos from memory card in HK? I guess I will be taking quite alot of pictures so thinking of developing the photos there is it is cheap.

Any idea on how much PSP is selling over at HK?

Thanks for your time.

enoone

Reaction score
qqspot said:
Mongkok Market - Duck Vendor
P1020197.jpg

Mongkok Market - Tissue
P1020194.jpg

Nice erh?
P1020187.jpg

Busy Street of mongkok markets
P1020217.jpg
hi qqspot,
how do i find these markets? at what address? would like to visit some.

enoone

Reaction score
qqspot said:
apm1.jpg

Elements at Kowloon MTR station

"Elements aims to become the 'third place' for Hong Kong people, meaning that the mall will be a place that Hongkongers visit the most frequently after their homes and offices," said MTR Corp chief retail development manager Betty Leong Sin-ling. MTR has put a lot of effort in anticipating its shoppers' needs. At the entrance of each of the mall's nine washrooms, there is a lobby with sitting area and magazine rack.

This is not all. The male washrooms will be stocked with colognes, aftershaves and electronic shavers while the female washrooms will have perfumes and make-up sets for use. Toilet attendants will make sure that all these personal items are kept hygienic.

megabox.jpg

MegaBox
MegaBox is unique as it is the largest shopping mall in Kowloon East, with the city's largest single-story book city and the biggest collection of home-improvement stores - all situated in its 1.1 million-square- foot shopping arcade.

http://www.megabox.com.hk/eng/

Read More: http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?we_cat=16&art_id=53782&sid=15465788&con_type=3&d_str=20070920

2007051402.gif

Regards,
QQ
hi qq,
is this shopping centre at kowloon mrt stn? is it open yet?

qqspot

Reaction score

nWo

Reaction score
Anyone knows how is the pollution situation in HK currently?

Read from the news that for the past 2 weeks, there is smog in HK and pollution levels are in the dangerous levels. This is due to Typhoon in Taiwan which causes less wind in HK so that the dust particles cannot be blown away.

For asthmatic persons, is it dangerous to go vist HK in end Oct 07?

We are planning for a trip from 30 Oct - 4 Nov. Hopefully the weather's cool and fine (and no Typhoons!)

Thanks for reading.

qqspot

Reaction score
enoone said:
hi qqspot,
how do i find these markets? at what address? would like to visit some.
Hi enoone, Before you enter the markets. This are the rules to be follow.
Before you enter the markets.

*They are NOT tourist friendly markets.
*The markets are for the local people to buy thier daily food.
*Dress like a local, example mems please do not wear short/bermuders and ladies do not wear so sexy and revial here and there to attract unwanted attn.
*Is very very hard to take photos there, you might get scolded or warning not to take the photos there.
*Each vendor have the right to do it own business, When you see & touch their product mean you have show some intrested to buy. Do not run away, you will get scolded in the end.
Just contiune to bargain with the price.
*When you take photo, do not let them know and use telelens to take them.

#The place is very near to 555 Shanghai Street, Mongkok, Kowloon
Very near to Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong

For more info please click on the link below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mong_Kok

My HK Breakfast
R0014566.jpg

What on the menu
R0014563.jpg

R0014149.jpg

Regards,
QQ

enoone

Reaction score
qqspot said:
Erh, No offence to all..

Before you shoot any questions!!

Please kindly read HKTB 1st to get yourself perpare and gain more knowladge.

DiscoverHongKong - All About Hong Kong - Visitor Services

[size=-1]Meet the HK Tourism Board and find out about the Hong Kong Tourism Board and our worldwide offices and representatives.
www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/mustknow/services/index.jhtml[/size]

6541617.jpg

Regards,
QQ
erh are you referring to me. read already but website does not give places that i want to visit like the mongkok market on your photos. they were very nice and i want to experience it. so i ask you for address

qqspot

Reaction score
nWo said:
Anyone knows how is the pollution situation in HK currently?

Read from the news that for the past 2 weeks, there is smog in HK and pollution levels are in the dangerous levels. This is due to Typhoon in Taiwan which causes less wind in HK so that the dust particles cannot be blown away.

For asthmatic persons, is it dangerous to go vist HK in end Oct 07?

We are planning for a trip from 30 Oct - 4 Nov. Hopefully the weather's cool and fine (and no Typhoons!)

Thanks for reading.
Hi nWo, you can found your answer in here.

http://www.weather.gov.hk/wxinfo/currwx/fnd.htm

Is all god will.
200704301.gif

Regards,
QQ

enoone

Reaction score
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.