おすぅ皆 久さすぅ です! 
最近忙しくて掲示板を読む事はできませんよ。
なかなかいい会話をしてるですね。
時間の通すは早すぎて気がついたら試験の日は後一月くらいだけです。
まぁ一応みんな頑張ろうぜ!

morohh

Reaction score
dimitri_can said:
Tomorrow there will be a JLPT 3/4 Sharing Session.
Details over here.

http://japanese.meetup.com/7/calendar/6456289/

Register if interested.
おかしいな。。会社がそのサイトをブロックしまいましたwwww。
でもそれはいいと思います。同じ試験を受ける人と勉強して会話をして、自習より早く日本語を上手になります。
私も時間さえあれば参加します
また家でそのリンクをチェックします

WillieTan

Reaction score
I'm contemplating on enrolling the Bunka elementary class.. I wish to attend JLPT 3 during next Dec test so if I'm taking Bunka... have to take up Ele1 -2, INT 1 - 4. All costing $200+ each..

Is there other recommendation? I thought all along I heard good reviews about Bunka for their different teaching style but somehow I see many negative remarks on them here.. saying alot of their works are redundant. Many also commented that Bunka's pace is too fast...

I stay in sembawang and work in Bukit Timah. Hougang sch is very inaccessible for me.

Please advise.

Last edited:

WillieTan

Reaction score
lI'm looking at JCS now. Any review? Duno if the intensive course would be too tedious for me. I'm serving army doing clerical work in Ministry of Defence located at Bukit Timah.

Would appreciate if someone who's from bunka, Pyaess and JCS can share more insight?

alvinaloy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
WillieTan said:
I'm contemplating on enrolling the Bunka elementary class.. I wish to attend JLPT 3 during next Dec test so if I'm taking Bunka... have to take up Ele1 -2, INT 1 - 4. All costing $200+ each..

Is there other recommendation? I thought all along I heard good reviews about Bunka for their different teaching style but somehow I see many negative remarks on them here.. saying alot of their works are redundant. Many also commented that Bunka's pace is too fast...

I stay in sembawang and work in Bukit Timah. Hougang sch is very inaccessible for me.

Please advise.
Personally, I think Bunka is very good for foundational grammer. Rather weak in vocabulary. The higher levels in Bunka are better for speaking and listening skills.

tasiang

Reaction score
hiyo guys``
just wondering, in case some of you want to have private tuition or a group tuition, feel free to PM me about it !!
guaranteed good qualification teachers/tutors.
am working for Trust Tuition Agency, licensed by MOE =p

PingJun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have an enquiry.

Is it possible to get past year JLPT Listening Part Paper? Just the Listening Part.

Can get it from Kinokuniya?

Thanks

alvinaloy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine took about 10 years. But he learnt everything in Singapore. No extended stays in Japan other than occasional vacations.

surfuz

Reaction score
yes, 10 years sound realistic. I was thinking of 10 years too and that is continuous learning.
If live in Japan, 1 year is possible with cram school .

ellentg

Reaction score
WillieTan said:
lI'm looking at JCS now. Any review? Duno if the intensive course would be too tedious for me. I'm serving army doing clerical work in Ministry of Defence located at Bukit Timah.

Would appreciate if someone who's from bunka, Pyaess and JCS can share more insight?
Hi,

Did elementry to pre-advanced in JCS, then did Intermediate 3 to 4 in Bunka. In my personal opinion, JCS is more organised and structured in teaching grammer and writing, but there is almost ZERO chance of conversation due to the large class size.

For Bunka, I feel that their notes are not clear (in fact, quite confusing) in explaining grammer - if I didn't do Intermediate in JCS, I wouldn't know what they are trying to say in the notes. But in Bunka you have more chance to speak and this is good. They also teach translation in Bunka which JCS doesn't.

Basically, 2 schools have different approaches... What most pple are saying is to get grammer foundation in JCS and then move to other schools with smaller classes once you proceed to higher level. For the purpose of JLPT 3 and 4, JCS will be (more than) good enough.

Just btw, I was quite upset with the attitude of pple in Bunka and the fact that their advanced classes are forever full!! so I am switching school! :D Thinking of Pyaess. :D Any review/comments for their advance classes? I know some pple might have mentioned before but it's too difficult to go through all 68 pages of posts :p

Last edited:

unfinished07

Master Member
Reaction score
surfuz said:
yes, 10 years sound realistic. I was thinking of 10 years too and that is continuous learning.
If live in Japan, 1 year is possible with cram school .

depends on the frequency of classes u get also. 10 years may be abit too long. i took both full-time and part time classes, and it took me 1 year to pass JLPT 2, and another year to prepare for JLPT 1 although i failed the 1st time, by just a few marks.

If i had put in more effort, I could have got both my JLPT 2 and 1 on the 1st tries, in 2 years.

so lets say ppl take part-time classes all the way, it is possible to get to JLPT 1 in less than 10 years.

deardear85

Reaction score
Hi,

For those who study in JCS, may I know how much is the course fee for intenstive and regular course for elementary and intermediate? Because the website do not have the their course fee displayed.

Thanks

ellentg

Reaction score
deardear85 said:
Hi,

For those who study in JCS, may I know how much is the course fee for intenstive and regular course for elementary and intermediate? Because the website do not have the their course fee displayed.

Thanks
If I remember correctly, I paid 3 times per year and each time around 180-200 (can't remember exact figure). So that adds up to be less than 600 for a year.

ylsim

Reaction score
Help... Can anyone tell me if the test voucher for the JLPT came together with the with the notice of examination? Or the test voucher is with us since the first day of registration? I could not find my voucher =( Lost

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.