Sushi Kanazawa (formally Sushi Kikuzawa)

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After reading Camemberu’s review of Sushi Kikuzawa, I have wanted to visit the place. Finally managed to go today for lunch with my colleague as it our off day. Since we didn’t make any reservation, we decided to go early as in before they open for business at noon.

sushikikuzawa01.jpg

We reached there five minutes before 12pm and were greeted by a cheerful Chinese girl. We were shown to our seats which are all at the counter; the place can only entertain around about 12 customers and a private room with a sitting capacity of 6. It gives me a cosy feeling with the chefs working directly in front of us. By 12:30pm the place was fully occupied sans the private room and the chefs (two of them of which I think one is the boss) were busy slicing sashimi and making the sushi.

sushikikuzawa02.jpg

As it’s our first time there, we don’t know what’s good so we let the chefs serve us one dish after another. First up was the soybeans in the pod (edamame), followed by a plate of sashimi for each person. There were thin stripes of squid, few slices of tuna, salmon and white fish. I love their melt in the mouth texture of the fishes which doesn’t smell/taste fishy. Next a bowl of soup with chicken, tau pok, white carrot and a gingko nut which we find it nice and flavourful. Next is the all you can eat sushi and handrolls.

sushikikuzawa03.jpg

sushikikuzawa24.jpg

An assortment of sushi came like the seared fatty salmon which tasted absolutely heavenly. The flying fish roe with lime taste to it is a nice combination. The rice all came warm which make the sushi taste all the better after having eaten those cold ones off the belt or from the fridge. And the salmon roe which I like a lot, but the one here I find it very salty. As for the sea urchin, I have never tasted before but it not to my liking though I can’t really explain the taste in words. The seared unagi was fabulous. We also tried the tamago which look brownish to us but it’s sweet and cold in taste. Sweet prawn, abalone, and the usual like tuna and salmon came and quickly disappeared into our mouth. The freshly made Chawan-mushi (steam eggs) which I find it a tad too bland. Two types of handrolls were made for us, one a tuna and another with slices of avocado, crab stick, cucumber etc, and the seaweed wrapper was dry and crispy. There are quite a few more we tried though I have no idea what meats they are; as we were busy flipping through the menu to see what is being served. :D

sushikikuzawa05.jpg

sushikikuzawa14.jpg

While we were there, a lady wanted all her sushi to be seared by the blowtorch, guess she doesn’t want the foods too raw. Finally my colleague decided to surrender and we order the Mango, Apple, Pineapple and Lychee flavour puddings. Of the 4 types the mango and the apple ones were good.

sushikikuzawa29.jpg

Overall, my colleague and I agreed that this is the best Japanese buffet we had compared to the others. Will definitely be back for more soon.

Sushi Kikuzawa
360 Orchard Road
#02-13
Tel: 6738 3833

Last edited:

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lonerboi84 said:
Bro, Wat's the price per person?

Weekdays lunch is $29 and dinner is $39. Holidays and weekends add $10 to weekdays' prices.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dreamer75 said:
wow...$49 for dinner :s22:

That is for weekends and holidays. It's also the reason why I chose to go during weekdays lunch.

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ccktombstone949 said:
got the building name?

i want to try out too

Sushi Kikuzawa
International Building
360 Orchard Road
#02-13
Tel: 6738 3833

Their location is kind of quiet, yet they have their own pool of customers, many of them Japanese when I was there. My colleague was commenting that if the Japanese like the foods, it must be of some standard.

ssian84

Master Member
Reaction score
Got tempura and those fried assorted stuff?

Last edited:

vurtomatic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice, will check it out the next time. I don't usually like eat-all-you-want Jap buffets because the quality of the food is so bad. Learnt my lesson, never eat raw fish no matter how wu hua or cheap it is!

twtan14

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
vurtomatic said:
Nice, will check it out the next time. I don't usually like eat-all-you-want Jap buffets because the quality of the food is so bad. Learnt my lesson, never eat raw fish no matter how wu hua or cheap it is!

This is the first time I see more than half of the seats taken by Japanese (total sitting capacity is around 12 person only) so they must be doing it right. And the chef is a Japanese too.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.