~Porter Japan Official Thread~

bunegg

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
who gotch use debit card order before? :sad: can use debit card?

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
bunegg said:
walow :sad: cant use debit card.. they say cant charge
:o POSB Go card can't use online purchase de.

Do you have other debit cards?

mushuuus

Master Member
Reaction score
hoho. just got my porter tanker 2 way bag. ordered from coolcat on a saturday and recieved on monday. very nice. :-D so far i am pleased with the order and the bag. the bag looks great, and feels expensive lol. now for the bad part, which is not too many, just a little nit picking. the placement of the shoulder strap is such that when you wear the bag, the bag has a tendency to bend convexly outwards and down. its even more obvious when you are walking as it will frequently brush upon your legs. the zips are not as smooth as it should be, like the other porter models but they are minor. overall 2 thumbs up.

oh and for those considering getting one, and are new to porter like i was, here's a concise outline...dun buy the wrong thing!!

Porter: original since 1935? from yoshida & co. this is what coolcat sells. the one i bought. the online store is on the front page. no authenticity card, but who needs them eh?

Head Porter: i think it started in 1998? it is creatively directed by some japanese musician, but its still rightfully own by yoshida & co. the logo on the bag is also the same as the original porter. it also comes with an authenticity card that looks like a credit card. usually abit more expensive than porter. surrender, a shop near the old youth park sells them, but the prices are out of this world. better to buy online.

Porter International: aka the one at wisma. went to check it out, bags there were exorbitantly priced. made and design in taiwan. not related to yoshida & co at all. they only have the rights to use the porter name. easily distinguishable by the brand tag on the bag. my opinion, no point getting this one. prices are quite similar to porter, and if price is almost the same, why not get the one made in japan?

there hope it was some help. was initially confuse about the 3 before and made some serious investment mistakes. hope it doesnt happen to u too.

Last edited:

Lampard

Reaction score
the porter selling on ace-web/head-porter.org diff from coolcatz ? sry noob here.

hongge

Reaction score
yeah i also feel tat the ykk zip is not smooth... sometime have to zip up and down afew times to zip. i feel tat for the price of porter, they should have use better zip

bunegg

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah moi wallet from coolcat also come riaos :o

sat gib them orleng card monday reach liao :o

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Lampard said:
the porter selling on ace-web/head-porter.org diff from coolcatz ? sry noob here.
coolcat selling yoshida porter/porter tokyo, others selling headporter. :o

design is different also.

mushuuus

Master Member
Reaction score
yah, if they put there, head porter means its head porter, it they put porter, means its just simply porter. most people tend to get head porter as its slightly more expensive and has abit more credit and exlusivity to its name. note that difference in price can range between 100SGD for the same lookalike. but nontheless they are both made in japan and under yoshida.

Last edited:

mushuuus

Master Member
Reaction score
actually i think the zip problem is only apparent in the tanker series. the other series don't seem to have rigid zips. i think its because the tanker zips dun have coating.

mosmos, u also have the 2 way brief tanker right? ur bag got sag when u carry around ur shoulder ornot? mine sag quite bag till i can but my arm behind it and acutually have space to swing my arm!

mosmos

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
mushuuus said:
actually i think the zip problem is only apparent in the tanker series. the other series don't seem to have rigid zips. i think its because the tanker zips dun have coating.

mosmos, u also have the 2 way brief tanker right? ur bag got sag when u carry around ur shoulder ornot? mine sag quite bag till i can but my arm behind it and acutually have space to swing my arm!
:o my one is 3 way bag.

I have not use the bag yet, still inside plastic package. :s22:

Impheatus

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mushuuus said:
yah, if they put there, head porter means its head porter, it they put porter, means its just simply porter. most people tend to get head porter as its slightly more expensive and has abit more credit and exlusivity to its name. note that difference in price can range between 100SGD for the same lookalike. but nontheless they are both made in japan and under yoshida.
the material use is also diff...

and from i last heard, someone had their zip rusting on their yoshida bag

sayhileh

Reaction score
cire_waistS.jpg

any idea where to get this?wanted to get it but was told that they were out of stock.

Constant

Master Member
Reaction score
mosmos said:
:o my one is 3 way bag.

I have not use the bag yet, still inside plastic package. :s22:

Hi mosmos,

Can take some picture of your 3-way tanker when you are free?
Compare the physical size of the bag because I am not sure to get a 2-way or 3-way leh... :o

Thanks.

ZeroDivine

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone who has HP tanker magazine tote?
looks good but the price.. 300 :(
shati tote looks yummy as well :o

shunsuke

Banned
Reaction score
ZeroDivine said:
anyone who has HP tanker magazine tote?
looks good but the price.. 300 :(
shati tote looks yummy as well :o
Yes Shati is nice, but I'm hoping to replace it with Merge.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.