HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

icequeenz

Reaction score
yupz they're merging. There's going to be a small cut in fares the moment they merge...which is a piece of damn good news since traveling is so expensive in HK....better than nothing.

Ethan27

Reaction score
Thks for the advice...i decided not to go for the Half Day City Tour already. Btw,Anyone knows where got gd money-changer??My GF checked just today...it's abt HK$5.3 per S$1..at Chinatown Pearl Ctr

qqspot

Reaction score
Wanna Visit HK? You Better know its Underground system

Wanna Visit HK? You Better know its Underground system!!

Last edited:

qqspot

Reaction score
nWo said:
Hi,

Do the HK shops still not accept HSBC issued HK$1,000 notes due to counterfeit problems?

http://www.info.gov.hk/hkma/eng/counterfeit/message_b.htm
http://www.info.gov.hk/hkma/chi/counterfeit/message_b.htm

When exchanging HK notes in Singapore, do you need to specify to the exchange that you specifically do not want these HSBC issued 2000 or 2002 notes?

Is still safe to change notes, but you have to know which old HKD1000 is real and ****erfeit.

If you are not sure just change HKD500 to solve all problem...

Is news is already known when i was in Hong Kong earlier of the month!!

qqspot

Reaction score
Ethan27 said:
Thks for the advice...i decided not to go for the Half Day City Tour already. Btw,Anyone knows where got gd money-changer??My GF checked just today...it's abt HK$5.3 per S$1..at Chinatown Pearl Ctr
Go to the Arcarde at Raffles Place!!

10 over money changer you can check the rates on!!

nasfieldjohn

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does the fastfood restuarants like mac got free wifi to use in HK?

or just the international airport?

Last edited:

bh0322

Reaction score
Guys, I just came back from Hong Kong yesterday. Weather is very good. Enjoy myself with some sightseeing in HK and Shenzhen. Do not recommend the night markets as I find it a waste of time, although I got to admit Fa Yuen St is the best among the few streets. Lots of ladies shoes for my gf. Would recommend ppl to visit Citigate. Adidas is real cheap whereas Nike is quite disappointing. Esprit is another must go. Things are cheaper than in SG but must warn you that these are not the latest fashion.

I still have HK$1380. Anyone wants to change some money with me? I have small change 20, 50, 100 and 500. These are my left over. Is around 200+ Singapore dollars. Thinking of changing at money changer, but just post here to see if there is anyone require to have some small change before leaving for hong kong. I am willing to use 5.3 as the exchange rate although I got it at 5.23, receipt available upon request.

Btw, I also bought 1 phone card there at HK$50 and there is 20 min of international call time. I only use 7 min so still have 13 min left. Anyone needs the calling card too?

Sofa_King

Reaction score
bh0322 said:
Guys, I just came back from Hong Kong yesterday. Weather is very good. Enjoy myself with some sightseeing in HK and Shenzhen. Do not recommend the night markets as I find it a waste of time, although I got to admit Fa Yuen St is the best among the few streets. Lots of ladies shoes for my gf. Would recommend ppl to visit Citigate. Adidas is real cheap whereas Nike is quite disappointing. Esprit is another must go. Things are cheaper than in SG but must warn you that these are not the latest fashion.

I still have HK$1380. Anyone wants to change some money with me? I have small change 20, 50, 100 and 500. These are my left over. Is around 200+ Singapore dollars. Thinking of changing at money changer, but just post here to see if there is anyone require to have some small change before leaving for hong kong. I am willing to use 5.3 as the exchange rate although I got it at 5.23, receipt available upon request.

Btw, I also bought 1 phone card there at HK$50 and there is 20 min of international call time. I only use 7 min so still have 13 min left. Anyone needs the calling card too?

which hotel did you stay?

cslkelvin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bh0322 said:

You are wrong... Esprit in HK has the latest fashion. What you see in HK esprit sale(clearing old stock) is what sg Esprit is having as "new arrival".

CKL_3K

Reaction score
bh0322 said:

Have PMed you regarding changing HK$. Thks

qqspot

Reaction score
nasfieldjohn said:
does the fastfood restuarants like mac got free wifi to use in HK?

or just the international airport?
I hope you read the Hong Kong thread before you post any question.

Macdonalds had free wi fi and is running 24/7

Paid wi fi through out hk is on PCCW only SGD10 per day used.

qqspot

Reaction score
bh0322 said:

I do not mind to take the phone card from you.. ^_^

Please kindly contact me at 8163 1757

As for the change money if you want i am willing to take at a rate of 5.35, if not i shall pass. HKD is droping very fast...

Regards,
QQ

bh0322

Reaction score
cslkelvin said:
You are wrong... Esprit in HK has the latest fashion. What you see in HK esprit sale(clearing old stock) is what sg Esprit is having as "new arrival".

Oh is it.... Thanks for informing me. Glad to hear that, btw there are signs at the cashier that warn buyers that the clothes on sale are not in fashion, never did I know that they became new arrival in SG. Will go to SG Esprit for a look... lol

qqspot

Reaction score
bh0322 said:
Oh is it.... Thanks for informing me. Glad to hear that, btw there are signs at the cashier that warn buyers that the clothes on sale are not in fashion, never did I know that they became new arrival in SG. Will go to SG Esprit for a look... lol
If you are a Esprit, G2000 & Gidarino fan then you have to die die buy in Hong Kong as the stock of the clothes are cheaper and more fashion up to date.

mrbean008

Banned
Reaction score
airtickets going HK is expensive now....

juz browsed through many website.. i wan to fly during 22dec/23dec and return on 26/27 dec all the prices are above 1k for 2 even for jetstarasia

qqspot

Reaction score
mrbean008 said:
airtickets going HK is expensive now....

juz browsed through many website.. i wan to fly during 22dec/23dec and return on 26/27 dec all the prices are above 1k for 2 even for jetstarasia
Hi there, as what i know you are booking on PEAK period and that explain why the air tickets you are buying is not cheap!!

Wait until you try the most peak period like Chinese New Year eve or Xmas eve...

you will see all air ticket jump up to 20% above!!

icequeenz

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.