HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

tan1688

Reaction score
Hi QQ / anyone,

Is the exchange rates from SGD to HKD better in sg or hk can anyone please advise ?

If hk is better where to exchange to get good rates ?

Thanks

eudora

Master Member
Reaction score
Is prudential hotel good? Planning to book it for dec vacation...
Also I intend to do this... book 5 night hong kong 1 night macau... but I want to spend the one night macau in between my trip.. do u all think that hotel will help hold my luggages for me to return and check in?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eudora said:
Is prudential hotel good? Planning to book it for dec vacation...
Also I intend to do this... book 5 night hong kong 1 night macau... but I want to spend the one night macau in between my trip.. do u all think that hotel will help hold my luggages for me to return and check in?

Stayed there twice previously. It's in a good location. Easy accessibility to the MTR. Located within shopping mall. Good and reasonably priced food around. Near Temple Street market.

eudora

Master Member
Reaction score
s7460597 said:
Stayed there twice previously. It's in a good location. Easy accessibility to the MTR. Located within shopping mall. Good and reasonably priced food around. Near Temple Street market.

Did u stay in the superior room or deluxe room ah? Is there a lot of diff bet the 2?

kisekino

Reaction score
hi all! i intend to go to visit Tai-O and the Big Buddha in Lantau Island.
Does anyone knows what bus to take from Tai-O to the big buddha place?

kisekino

Reaction score

kisekino

Reaction score
I'm just done with planning my 5D4N trip in hk.
It's soooo exciting! Can't wait to head over to hong kong!!
Lotsa shopping and sight-seeing! I can't wait!

kisekino

Reaction score
qqspot said:
I do not mind to take the phone card from you.. ^_^

Please kindly contact me at 8163 1757

As for the change money if you want i am willing to take at a rate of 5.35, if not i shall pass. HKD is droping very fast...

Regards,
QQ
Yap. MAS is gonna make the Sing dollar this quater of the year.

mrbean008

Banned
Reaction score
need some hotel advise... need to choose from a list of hotels still in dilemma

http://zuji.sin.b2c.abacustravelnet...Dec2007&numOfAdult=2&numOfChildren=0&Airline=

anybody can advise?

is the Cosmo Hotel good? their exec room stated theyhave PC and LCD tv but its quite pricey.. total for 2 pac is 1800+

while this L hotel is also good with 1800+ price range too... with 32inch lcd tv and its a brandnew hotel but its abit off the city... its in the new terrtories... but it is near to a KCR station

BluBlur

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kisekino said:
hi all! i intend to go to visit Tai-O and the Big Buddha in Lantau Island.
Does anyone knows what bus to take from Tai-O to the big buddha place?

21. Beware of people who tries to sell you tickets before the bus comes.

Aozora

Reaction score
nobody stayed in hostels? i stayed in this Wing Fat hostel at Causeway Bay for the past 3 times tt i've been to HK. near the MTR and cheap cheap S$30 per pax per night. just take A11 bus from the airport (HKD40) and reaches near the hostel, within walking distance
though the hostel nothing glam, it is decent enough for ppl on a budget :)

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
HK hotels are pricey, especially during peak seasons. If u must stay in a 5 star hotel, then u have to pay exorbitant rates for them. IMO, if yr purpose is to sight see and shop till u drop in HK, u'll only be spending a little time in the hotel. U'll probably not be making full use of the services/facilities available in a 5 star hotel. In such cases, u should be focusing on locality, especially if u r frequently traveling on the MTR. If u do not mind a 4 star or even a 3 star hotel, some decent ones are Kowloon Hotel (4 star) (right on top East TST Exit L2/L3/L4) and Lagos Hotel (formerly Mayfair Garden)(3 mins walk to Jordon B2/B1 MTR). These are all located in Kowloon, very central and conveniently located. Kowloon Hotel should be < S$400/night for std room and Lagos < $200/night.
I'm not sure of Cosmo Hotel though. In addition, be advised that the 3 day unlimited Octopus pass does not give u free access (only MTR) to KCR, u have to top-up value to travel on KCR line.

mrbean008 said:
need some hotel advise... need to choose from a list of hotels still in dilemma

http://zuji.sin.b2c.abacustravelnet...Dec2007&numOfAdult=2&numOfChildren=0&Airline=

anybody can advise?

is the Cosmo Hotel good? their exec room stated theyhave PC and LCD tv but its quite pricey.. total for 2 pac is 1800+

while this L hotel is also good with 1800+ price range too... with 32inch lcd tv and its a brandnew hotel but its abit off the city... its in the new terrtories... but it is near to a KCR station

jersey_21

Reaction score
currency

tan1688 said:
Hi QQ / anyone,

Is the exchange rates from SGD to HKD better in sg or hk can anyone please advise ?

If hk is better where to exchange to get good rates ?

Thanks
Strongly suggest u change in SG better.Current sg is 1 is to 5.25 HK dollar

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.