I did not subscribe but I have been charged $6/week

BoTayza

Reaction score
A recent check at my mobile phone bill showed that I was charged $6/week for a third-party service.

I did not subscribe for their service, but i have been charged $6/week.
So, What should I do? Where should I complain to?

Last edited:

delson_tan

Master Member
Reaction score
Is it Starhub? My mom also accidentally pressed something on her new phone and was charged for it too... We just pay up and terminated the additional service.

silcosilva

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can call your network operator for advise on what this third party thing is.
its a MUST to call them so that you are aware of what it is.

if i am not wrong,immediate termination may be possible.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BoTayza said:
A recent check at my mobile phone bill showed that I was charged $6/week for a third-party service.

I did not subscribe for their service, but i have been charged $6/week.
So, What should I do? Where should I complaint to?
Please call and ask for refund. THere are company that anyhow charge to your bill and Operators CANNOT DO ANYTHING!!

Happened to me before when I just got my new line. They charge 20 bucks to my first bill saying I had downloaded ringtones. I called Singtel and they said it's a 3rd party company. I called that company and they said I downloaded abt 4 ringtones from them. I asked them, what ringtones did I downloaded? Your ringtone so nice meh, I can self make even nicer one. They cannot answer what ringtone I had downloaded and offered to see my bill for a refund!!

These are as good as daylight robbery. What if those uncle and aunties dunno how to read bills, alot of them will be con!!

Adolez

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tohchr said:
Please call and ask for refund. THere are company that anyhow charge to your bill and Operators CANNOT DO ANYTHING!!

Happened to me before when I just got my new line. They charge 20 bucks to my first bill saying I had downloaded ringtones. I called Singtel and they said it's a 3rd party company. I called that company and they said I downloaded abt 4 ringtones from them. I asked them, what ringtones did I downloaded? Your ringtone so nice meh, I can self make even nicer one. They cannot answer what ringtone I had downloaded and offered to see my bill for a refund!!

These are as good as daylight robbery. What if those uncle and aunties dunno how to read bills, alot of them will be con!!

true true.

:look:

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Adolez said:
true true.

:look:
For this thread, I would like the MOD to stick it!! It's good for the public to know that there're such company doing such underhand to others!!

BoTayza

Reaction score
tohchr said:
For this thread, I would like the MOD to stick it!! It's good for the public to know that there're such company doing such underhand to others!!
Yes, the public should know about such company.

BoTayza

Reaction score
delson_tan said:
Is it Starhub? My mom also accidentally pressed something on her new phone and was charged for it too... We just pay up and terminated the additional service.
It is charged by SplashMobile( http://splashmobile.com/ ) in M1 phone bill.

I think IDA and MTOs(SingTel, M1, StarHub) should look seriously into this
problem and take action to prevent a recurrence to our people/Singaporean.

silcosilva

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
damn man,my mum who is using M1 also get extra charges from this company,splashmobile.

BoTayza

Reaction score
silcosilva said:
damn man,my mum who is using M1 also get extra charges from this company,splashmobile.
I had submitted the complain to M1. I'll wait and see their response and action.
If I don't satisfy with their response & action, I'll report it to IDA and may also contact to complaints@case.org.sg

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My previous encounter was "Mobileway".. Please take note of this company too!!

lydia86

Reaction score
normally these kind of cases are due to recycled numbers.
that's why...
previous subscribers may have subscribed to tt particular service.

complaining to operators definitely no use de..
they will only ask u to call them directly to terminate the service!
and the number that they give u rite, sure got no one pick up one =.=

BoTayza

Reaction score
My nubmer is NOT recycled number.

Yes, complaining to operators no use..

How should we prevent other consumers from getting similar charge on their mobile bill?

BoTayza

Reaction score
My nubmer is NOT recycled number, I'm using it for 7 years.

Yes, complaining to operators no use..

How should we prevent other consumers from getting similar charge on their mobile bill?

BoTayza

Reaction score
tohchr said:
How to make it to Sticky?

lydia86

Reaction score
hmmm from what i know usually is recycled numbers then will tio this kind of "service" lehZ...
hmmm right now no way of preventing other consumers from this.
cos either they randomly pick n sms or they just get ur numbers from ppl lorZ...

trike00

Reaction score
MobileWay

I've just been charged by Singtel for Mobileway services for $90+ and $100+ !!
I did not even subscribe or download anything from them!!

Called singtel twice on this matter.... they keep saying it's the 3 party that's charging and tell me that they will get mobileway to call me back to clarify the charges.

It's ridiculous, wasting my time calling here and there for something that I never even subscribe or download. I've also read (from other forums) that alot of ppl are being charged by Mobileway (thru Singtel) and they too did not subscribe to them. Shouldn't something be done regrading this company, seems that quite a number of ppl have been affected. And what is singtel doing about this...

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My mom's singtel line also recently kenna unsolicited sms from a company known as Funmobile. She don't know english and how to send sms one, so can't be her subscribe. Send unsubscribe also no use, still keep coming in. If singtel is collecting money on behalf of these services, then why can't they resolve the matter? Ida should do something about such scams. This is even better than those china call scams, the company just anyhow add your phone number, then can collect money liao, cos the telco don't care and you are left on your own.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.