HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

mrbean008

Banned
Reaction score
anybody went before Lantau Peak ? wan to go for some hiking to up some mountain in HK.... singapore really lack of such tings

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Deckcard, hows the weeather in HK for end Feb to mid March? Will there be higher days of rain? Is it also a peak period in HK? Thks!

deckcard said:
The raining season in HK is summer (around June through Sept) when there may be typhoons (always hit Taiwan for some odd reasons). You may not see rain for months in Winter.

eudora

Master Member
Reaction score
mrbean008 said:
anybody went before Lantau Peak ? wan to go for some hiking to up some mountain in HK.... singapore really lack of such tings

I thinking of going there too.. :)

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
mrbean008 said:
Sorry bro, cant help you much there since I dont hike. Anyway, you can get some information here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lantau_Peak

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lantau_Trail

If you still need more info, you have to visit some of the HK forums with specific interest. I'm into photography but never thought about photography while hiking! Be sure to take more pictures if you go this route.

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
thewiseone said:
Deckcard, hows the weeather in HK for end Feb to mid March? Will there be higher days of rain? Is it also a peak period in HK? Thks!

No rain in Winter and Spring..
I recalled summer temperature as early as May! Temperature can be quite unpredictable as it can get 20-24C and hitting 10-16C when there are cold fronts. Really cant tell you much but guess around 17-18C in the day as coldest around Feb. A jacket and long sleeve should do most of the time. Sorry, I'm not the weather man, and I'm just going by what I remember and weather is quite unpredictable.

Again, check www.weather.com.hk before travelling and look at the 5 days forecast. Weather there is not like Singapore where its always 24-32 all year round and showers in some areas.. HAHA...

There were days where it was warm at 28C in the morning and by late night, the temperature went down to 18. Amazing 10C drop within a few hrs due to cold fronts. Thats usually in transition period from spring to summer.

Last edited:

mrbean008

Banned
Reaction score
the lantau peak will be around 900m above ground..... search for some info already.. its like 5hr climb

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just came back from Hong Kong. Got a prepaid sim card there with about HK$133 left in it. Anyone interested in buying it, please pm me. Don't want it to go to waste :)

kitoshizc

Reaction score
Hi people, so many posts about HK here! Great!

I planning to go there end December. However the hotel recommended by travel agency is Dorsett Seaview Hotel. Anyone has any idea of how the hotel service is like?
Could anyone give advise on the ways to get back to Dorsett Seaview Hotel from Train station once I am back from Shenzhen?

Any other advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance!

nimeesha

Reaction score
Thanks a million,.... This definitely helps a great deal! :)

thewiseone said:
I've no idea whats this place like but i do have a rough idea how to get there:

1) Take Airport Express from Airport to Hong Kong Station (last stop)

2) Walk over to MTR Causeway Bay Exit E

3) After exit, head east along Great George Street.

4) Turn LEFT into Paterson Street and walk straight along Paterson Street.

5) Second building on yr right is Kingston Building.

As for how much it'll cost, pls refer to: http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/train/ae_ticket.htm

dragonhc

Reaction score
deckcard said:
Yes, you will need to fill immigration form. I have HKID and still need to fill at SZ side :(
You know how much the hassle having to travel to SZ about 4 times a week? I pre-fill all the forms except the dates.. hehe
u ish one of the hongkong men like to fool in sz one ish it haha

dragonhc

Reaction score
JunWen99 said:
yup.. I have been drawing for a few times for the past few months. Rates ranges from 5.16 to 5.21
However, i think the rate these few weeks seems better.

By the way, i will be in am having my exchange in hong kong til december. If any forumer who need help can contact me.

Regarding the KCR to luo hu, i have a technique that can help you make a return trip 1st class free [meaning if u go luo hu and return to HK(2ways) for $X, you can also take 1st class on return trip for the same $X] . PM me for details.
pm full leh

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Will check it out b4 going... :)

deckcard said:
No rain in Winter and Spring..
I recalled summer temperature as early as May! Temperature can be quite unpredictable as it can get 20-24C and hitting 10-16C when there are cold fronts. Really cant tell you much but guess around 17-18C in the day as coldest around Feb. A jacket and long sleeve should do most of the time. Sorry, I'm not the weather man, and I'm just going by what I remember and weather is quite unpredictable.

Again, check www.weather.com.hk before travelling and look at the 5 days forecast. Weather there is not like Singapore where its always 24-32 all year round and showers in some areas.. HAHA...

There were days where it was warm at 28C in the morning and by late night, the temperature went down to 18. Amazing 10C drop within a few hrs due to cold fronts. Thats usually in transition period from spring to summer.

mrbean008

Banned
Reaction score
Telur17 said:
I just came back from Hong Kong. Got a prepaid sim card there with about HK$133 left in it. Anyone interested in buying it, please pm me. Don't want it to go to waste :)
PMed u/////////

ed_styler83

Reaction score
I'm heading to HK with my family in End Dec...will be counting down at Ave of stars on New year eve...=)

btw anyone just back from HK that stays in Nathan Hotel? Reviews pls...

icequeenz

Reaction score
buzzmario said:
hi any one been to the snoopy land? worth to go there. bring my 3 uear old kid with me.

thanks

http://www.johomaps.com/as/hongkong/hkmetro_ch.html

do u mean the one at new town plaza in shatin? it's like a playground;should work for a 3yrold. make sure u have sufficient memory space in ur cam to take photos. but the only 'amusement ride' is a small canoe on waters which goes in a small small round....

lowjk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
icequeenz said:
do u mean the one at new town plaza in shatin? it's like a playground;should work for a 3yrold. make sure u have sufficient memory space in ur cam to take photos. but the only 'amusement ride' is a small canoe on waters which goes in a small small round....

It is also not very well maintained.
Paint was fading on some statues and buildings in the park when I was there.
The canoe was closed.

My kids who pestered my wife and I for 3 months to bring them there wanted to leave after a minute there. :s31: :s31:

haruko_yoshiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any idea how much the transportation from Macau to HK costs?

Btw for those who might be interested, Jetstar asia promo now from SG-MACAU.

$185 to and fro cheapest.

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
ed_styler83 said:
I'm heading to HK with my family in End Dec...will be counting down at Ave of stars on New year eve...=)

btw anyone just back from HK that stays in Nathan Hotel? Reviews pls...
If you bring along a camera and tripod, you can probably catch some fireworks at TST star ave.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.