I did not subscribe but I have been charged $6/week

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wtf?! you don't even need to send any sms from your handphone to this Funmobile company to subscribe for their services. just need to register a phone number on their website and chargeable sms will be sent to the phone number provided. so anyone can put your handphone number in there, and tada!, you will be charged for unsolicited sms without your explicit consent. i think IDA seriously needs to look at this website operator to prevent such scams. even worse than the china scam calls, dun need to contact you at all can scam already, with the help of the telco some more! :mad:

http://sg.funmobile.com/

hardcore_freak

Reaction score
Wow, did not realise so many people kena the same problem like me.
I received my SH h/p bills on 4th dec and to my surprise i was bill extra $24 for 4x premium download ($6 each).
i called up SH and they said they cannot do anything about it because they are billing on behalf of a company called "ericssion IPX" (spelling not accurate).They can only give me the number of the company. And their operational hours are fm 9am to 5pm. It was already 6pm that day, so i called them up the next day at 9.30am.

Lady picked up the phone acknowledge the $24 charge to my bills so i probe further and ask for more details concerning the "premium download". she gave me the date of the download as 27, 20, 13 and 5 Nov. (mostly on tuesday) and the latest one was on 4th dec (the day i received my bills). I ask what are the contents that i have download? she replied ringtones and wallpapers .......
i told them and insisted that i have never done any download but she refused to do anything about it and said at most we can terminated the service for u and i ask her back u mean i actually subscribe for your service ?? she just kept quiet.

knowing that i wont be able to find an answer from her, i decided to call SH again and told them my story. CSO said she will contact the company and ask the company to get back to me. Until now no news !!!
When my dec bills come, i have to pay another $6 for a premium download, dunno what to do now.
yes, this should be a sticky, many people might have encountered the same situation !!!

hardcore_freak

Reaction score
Just had a long talk with SH CSO (i called them) and they still told me they cannot do anything abt it. They advise me to wait for this "ericson IPX" to get back to me and want me to insist this "IPX " to produce evidence of my premium download.
i will post more details (if they really called up in the first place)
very unhappy

trike00

Reaction score
is all this legal in singapore?? does anyone knows of any means of getting this story out... like to the newspaper or something. i think the public should be aware of this matter and how many ppl are affected by this things.

Currently I'm stuck with almost $200 bill for something i never downloaded, still waiting for someone to call me to clarify all this. I'm so sick of these companies and singtel for not doing anything.

Maybe by end of next week, I never receive any calls I will write in to Stomp. They told me on thur (6dec) that Mobileway will call me in 5 working days. What I hate most about this situation is that I'm stuck and do not know who to seek help with. Singtel is not helping at all.

Last edited:

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why does the telco have the rights to collect money on behalf of such companies, but no rights to investigate? Ida should seriously look at such arrangements to prevent consumers who have no power against such companies from being bullied into paying for something which they never subscribed with the owner's explicit consent. Time to stop being so overly pro business and give more rights to consumers.

PennywisE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's like a scam. How the hell did these companies get our mobile number in the first place?
Are the telco companies part of this whole thing? Are they giving out data just like that so they can generate more?

It really puts me off.., and to think it's a Saturday.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've just been charged by Singtel for Mobileway services for $90+ and $100+ !!
I did not even subscribe or download anything from them!!

Called singtel twice on this matter.... they keep saying it's the 3 party that's charging and tell me that they will get mobileway to call me back to clarify the charges.

It's ridiculous, wasting my time calling here and there for something that I never even subscribe or download. I've also read (from other forums) that alot of ppl are being charged by Mobileway (thru Singtel) and they too did not subscribe to them. Shouldn't something be done regrading this company, seems that quite a number of ppl have been affected. And what is singtel doing about this...
I kenna from this company before.. Think Singtel also no use.. Bunch of idiots only know how to collect money. Have to call Mobileway yourself. I did it and make so much noise..

GloveK8

Master Member
Reaction score
DAMn, my sis bills for m1 was like $120 two months back, and she admitted she did use GPRS, but i dun think it will reach so high an amount, could it be these 3rd party??

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DAMn, my sis bills for m1 was like $120 two months back, and she admitted she did use GPRS, but i dun think it will reach so high an amount, could it be these 3rd party??
Very likely.. Check her bill again for unknow sucker companies..

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i call mobileway (sybase365) and ask them to charge me for what has been successfully downloaded only. the rest not paying.

kena sabo by other pple. wtf.

ask them nicely, they agree.

5 min settled the issue. call at 10am. the operator quite nice, sound singaporean.

alex22

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

lol $120... m1 local gprs is 10cent per 10kb if u dun subscribe data plan vas...

so its 12mb data... she use msn or email isit?

Hyruga

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i call mobileway (sybase365) and ask them to charge me for what has been successfully downloaded only. the rest not paying.

kena sabo by other pple. wtf.

ask them nicely, they agree.

5 min settled the issue. call at 10am. the operator quite nice, sound singaporean.

what's mobileway number?

How would you know everything is settled?

seethinglong

Reaction score
We should read following "IDA’s Telecom Competition Code 2005" before we deal with MTOs (mobile telecommunication operators)

http://www.ida.gov.sg/doc/News and ...s_Level2/Letter_to_mobile_operators-final.pdf

Thanks for the link.

This is the latest unfair business practice against consumer and we waste our time for lodging complaints. The only way to resolve currently is I will pay only the outstanding bill minus the disputed amount.

My latest bill in December 2007 from M1 stated additional charges of total SGD24 for $6/each. I do not know what is this until i call M1 up. They refuse to resolve the issue and they ask me to call the service provider instead 62381667.

As expected, no one is answering except the pre-recorded machine voice.

In IDA letter to all CEO of Singapore MTO M1, singtel, starhub :
4. IDA's Telecom Competition 2005 (the "code")
(b)that a subscriber shall not be required to pay any reasonably disputed charge provided that he informs his MTO before the date on which the charge becomes due.

With this clause, we do not need to pay this amount until the dispute is settled. Instead of paying first and then dispute.

Hope this help to all victims.

wifipedia

Reaction score
I do agree with you guys that indeed all these 3rd Party Content Provider are getting too much BUT there are also alot of cases where suscribers wanted them especially those who are still young/kiddos who are on student plan. When you see the bill, it is not only from 1 Content Provider but indeed alot. Be it Pitch, MobileWay, FunMobile. If only 1.. you can still know it may be CP's fault but some bill just came too much and the case is it is always on children who uses the service. Maybe for people like you at your age or like me who needs to earn myself for my own living. I of course know that.

But it is always important that we make sure we never use the service before we make a complain to blame on others too. :)

seethinglong

Reaction score
I believe that EDB or IDA is supporting tech savvy Singaporean for entrepreneur in providing 3rd party content. It could be the next economy pillar for Singapore to be a content provider

However, when it involves money and the process is being abused then law may need to come in to protect either party.

Do broadband provider singnet/starhub pay for you first for online shopping on behalf of credit card companies? Imagine when you browse online and then a pop up window force you to click the close button. When you click on the button the next windows says "You had acknowledged that your ISP will charge you $200 a month subscribing to the best news service on behalf of the 3rd party company. If you wish to terminate the service, please contact our sales @xxxx-xxxx". But when you call, the machine voice said "We are currently busy, to serve you better please email us @ yyy@zzz.com". And then you are forced to pay the phone bill for calling the hotline madly.

Do you have to pay the bill SGD$58+SGD$200 monthly to singnet in this case?

If charging a customer is so easy with one click then the world will be in chaos.

Last edited:

sikinna

Reaction score
I thought some guy has suggested a way to deal with such tactics quite some time back?
He recommended when u pay your hp bills, just pay the amount that u supposed to pay. Then for these "extra" charges, ignore them and do not pay for it. Is it possible this way?:s11:

aiyoyo

Reaction score
For those who are SingTel Mobile postpaid customers, you may wish to subscribe to paperless billing at http://www.singtel.com/mybill, which will give you free online 'Detailed Billing'.

You can then scrutinise your monthly bill for unauthorised subscription for value added services, unauthorised IDD calls, and track call charges when your phone is stolen or misplaced.

Last edited:

reimina

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who are SingTel Mobile postpaid customers, you may wish to subscribe to paperless billing at http://www.singtel.com/mybill, which will give you free online 'Detailed Billing'.

You can then scrutinise your monthly bill for unauthorised subscription for value added services, unauthorised IDD calls, and track call charges when your phone is stolen or misplaced.

Why are you writing like an advertisement? :s13::s13::s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.