HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

mrbean008

Banned
Reaction score
wah.. sure to see many singaporean there..haha

how much hotel now? where u all staying? my fren booked ticket but havent get hotel as 3 star also need SGD300-400 per night...

i book wif L hotel nina twrs in new terrtories in tsuen wan... 114 per night... dont really mind the distance between city :D

dennisleu

Reaction score
wouldlove to take cable car.. but its close.... after a whole day lantau is there still time for shopping?

Should have. The Big Buddha area can roughly divided into 3 parts
1. Tian Tan Buddha (or what is know here as Big Buddha).
2. Directly facing the bronze Buddha is the temple proper - Po Lin Monastery.
3. and lastly, the little known Wisdom path of 'The Heart Sutra'. This secluded place is situated about 15-20mins slow walk from the Tian Tan Buddha. Over there you will see sutra being engraved on tall wooden pillars and erected on a grass slope in a figure of 8.

For us, we spent about 1 hour each on the above locations. So that should leave you enough time to shop at CityGate. You may skip the last one if it doesn't interest you (since to some it is just a few pieces of woods).

This is NOT my photo. Source
lantau01.jpg

dennisleu

Reaction score
you mean time to visit the big Buddha after Citygate?

You reserve 3hrs for the visit lor. The access to the top of the Buddha closes at 6pm and the last bus leaves the place about 730pm ( around there). So you time accordingly. But heh, u will be carrying your shoping bags ard!!!

mrbean008

Banned
Reaction score
morning 10.30 i depart for lantau .. after lantau i go citygate ... after citygate is there still time to go other areas to shop? my hotel is in tsuenwan

dennisleu

Reaction score
Let's map out your itineraries

1030 Depart for Lantau.
1130 Reach Tung Chung MTR (journey ~40mins)
1200 Reach Tian Tan Buddda by Bus.
1500 Spend 3 hrs visitng + lunch.
1530 Return to Tung Chung / Citigate
???? depends how long u want to shop here???
????+1hr To go back to your hotel to offload ur shopping bags.

I reckon that it will be 1800++ hrs when you reached your hotel. An awkard timing I must say because you have not taken your dinner and it takes an hour to reach the shopping zones like TST or CWB. And their shopping centres are very much like ours, close at 930pm or thereabout.

Perhaps you can shop around TST's Granvile street and the night markets @ YMT. They close late.

If you can reach TST before 2000hrs, you may park around the Star Ave to watch the free 'Symphony of Lights' performance.
http://www.tourism.gov.hk/symphony/

ed_styler83

Reaction score
Visitors will be able to once again enjoy the scenic 25-minute cable car journey between Tung Chung and Ngong Ping when commercial service resumes at 10:00 am on 31 December 2007.

http://www.np360.com.hk/html/eng/front/index.asp

I had changed my upcoming trip itinerary due to reopening of NP360...it is one of the must take rides. I enjoyed taking it back in May this year. =)

Edmax

Reaction score
HK where got cold....cool is the better description haha...anyway, its abit dry here and was @ big buddha yesterday .. gloomy and foggy day (20th dec 07)..maken the vegetarian meals...my advise...couple or small grp (3 pax), get the cheaper (HK 60) tickets...

Was @ the shopping mall too...wah all factory outlets....Puma outlets, addidas outlets, etc etc etc...all crazy shoppers. Credit cards were crying after the purchases ...hahaha..j/k.

Went to the the famous Yong Ji (or infamous? haha) ...was told need to wait for 60 mins...******* hell, forget it. maken @ oppose restaurant..still, hk 56 bucks per noodle (ok la, give me big prawns) is quite Xpensive leh.......

nonoboy

Reaction score
HK where got cold....cool is the better description haha...anyway, its abit dry here and was @ big buddha yesterday .. gloomy and foggy day (20th dec 07)..maken the vegetarian meals...my advise...couple or small grp (3 pax), get the cheaper (HK 60) tickets...

Honestly, hows the vegetarian meals? been getting mixed reviews on the food. :D

miracleman

Reaction score

Was @ the shopping mall too...wah all factory outlets....Puma outlets, addidas outlets, etc etc etc...all crazy shoppers. Credit cards were crying after the purchases ...hahaha..j/k.

Went to the the famous Yong Ji (or infamous? haha) ...was told need to wait for 60 mins...******* hell, forget it. maken @ oppose restaurant..still, hk 56 bucks per noodle (ok la, give me big prawns) is quite Xpensive leh.......
haha.... yong gei right?? i love that place... i already make reservations le.. :) :) so dun need to wait so long...

reverie62

Reaction score
going to the giant buddha on my second day...

after that will be going to tai o coz my mum wants to see the fishing village...

how long will the bus journey take from the giant buddha to tai o???

thanks!!!

don't know will have enough time to shop at city gate or not after that... should be spending the whole day at lantau island already...

nonoboy

Reaction score
going to the giant buddha on my second day...

after that will be going to tai o coz my mum wants to see the fishing village...

how long will the bus journey take from the giant buddha to tai o???

thanks!!!

don't know will have enough time to shop at city gate or not after that... should be spending the whole day at lantau island already...

Useful link. No more big head:D

http://www.hongkongextras.com/21.html

defn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can someone confirm that the McDonald's there all no more free wifi? THanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.