HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

nonoboy

Reaction score
ditto.

We always stay in TST. There are a lot of good hotels just off Nathan Road. Like those along Kimberly street.

BTW, there is one main diff between our MRT and their MTR. All their MTRs have very good, long and connected access to the above ground buildings. For example, TST MTR station alone has at least 8 entrance/exit from all directions of Nathan Road. (Our Orchard station is a laughing stock compare to theirs)

In fact, the YTM area could easily be the best area to stay for its connectivity and they are cheaper than those in HK islands.

Yesh u r rite :D there is another difference between mrt and mtr . MRT - most respectable train, MTR-most treacherous road which is nathan road. :eek:

weehong21

Reaction score
Hi qqspot,

I stayed in the service apt(studiostudio) that you recommend a while back. I find it value for money and quite a nice and decent location. Although is not exactly next to MTR station, its only about 10-15 min away and its a very central location at lockhart road. 10-15 mins from Causeway bay, Wanchai MTR and the Wanchai ferry terminal. And the best thing is that all the trams will pass by the street behinid the apt. quite a convenient location. Best part is that it only cost HKD 400 per nite for a twin.::D.

Although rm is not very big, i suppose majority of HK hotel are not big if you are not willing to pay much more. I would highly recommend this to those who are on a tight budget.

qqspot

Reaction score
Hi qqspot,

I stayed in the service apt(studiostudio) that you recommend a while back. I find it value for money and quite a nice and decent location. Although is not exactly next to MTR station, its only about 10-15 min away and its a very central location at lockhart road. 10-15 mins from Causeway bay, Wanchai MTR and the Wanchai ferry terminal. And the best thing is that all the trams will pass by the street behinid the apt. quite a convenient location. Best part is that it only cost HKD 400 per nite for a twin.::D.

Although rm is not very big, i suppose majority of HK hotel are not big if you are not willing to pay much more. I would highly recommend this to those who are on a tight budget.

weehong21 thank you for your feeback and comment. Hope you like the place.

Try to take an MTR from Chai Wan to Sheung Wan and you will find lot of things to shop and to do on your list!!

You might even walkpass by some HK Stars or Singers on Causeway Bay.

Just in case if you do not know KCR Logo is gone!! Due to merge...

qqspot

Reaction score

[香港廣告]
港鐵公司, 一路帶動生活
(2007年12月)
廣告歌曲: 陪我長大
主唱: 容祖兒

The full song here
容祖兒 陪我長大 MV

This song is every where in HK MTR & Old KCR Station now

I know is old new MTR & KCR Merger!! For those whom do not know!!

silvestz

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi pple,

I will be traveling to HK in Feb. Staying in Prudential Hotel at Tsim Sha Tsui area.
Can someone advise me on where to get good food, shopping near the hotel?

I am looking for places to shop for
- men/women clothings, shoes.. etc
- computer stuffs
- local food

TIA. :)

miracleman

Reaction score
i just came back from hk.. sigh................................................ very sad to be back.. it was such an enjoyable trip... ok guys, ask away i try to answer as much as possible!!

miracleman

Reaction score
Hi pple,

I will be traveling to HK in Feb. Staying in Prudential Hotel at Tsim Sha Tsui area.
Can someone advise me on where to get good food, shopping near the hotel?

I am looking for places to shop for
- men/women clothings, shoes.. etc
- computer stuffs
- local food

TIA. :)

Must go to Citigate at Tung Chung.. even though it is very far, it is worth the trip!

for women, can skip ladies market and head straight for fah yuen st. it is a very long st running parallel to ladies market.. so here's a good tip. take the MTR to PRINCE EDWARD instead of Mongkok and take the flower market exit. once you're out on the street, ask around. trust me, u bring your wife/gf there, confirm happy.

silvestz

Master Member
Reaction score
Must go to Citigate at Tung Chung.. even though it is very far, it is worth the trip!

for women, can skip ladies market and head straight for fah yuen st. it is a very long st running parallel to ladies market.. so here's a good tip. take the MTR to PRINCE EDWARD instead of Mongkok and take the flower market exit. once you're out on the street, ask around. trust me, u bring your wife/gf there, confirm happy.
thanks for the info. i googled for Citigate and its pretty near the airport. Looks like a big shopping mall.
do u know any place for computer stuff? like something similar to sim lim square in singapore.

deckcard

Master Member
Reaction score
do u know any place for computer stuff? like something similar to sim lim square in singapore.

you can try:
1) Golden computer mall - it has new and old malls. Located near to Sham Shui Po MTR station. Computer stuff, game consoles, etc.
2) Mong Kok computer mall - near lady market at Mong Kok. take E exit at MK MTR station, take "bank center" at the junction, keep going straight until you passed lady market. It's between lady market street and "ball shoe street". 4-5 storeys of computer stuff.
3) Wanchai computer mall - Near WanChai MTR station.

nonoboy

Reaction score
i just came back from hk.. sigh................................................ very sad to be back.. it was such an enjoyable trip... ok guys, ask away i try to answer as much as possible!!

Do you want to be happy again? accompany me there in Jan :eek:

miracleman

Reaction score
you can try:
1) Golden computer mall - it has new and old malls. Located near to Sham Shui Po MTR station. Computer stuff, game consoles, etc.
2) Mong Kok computer mall - near lady market at Mong Kok. take E exit at MK MTR station, take "bank center" at the junction, keep going straight until you passed lady market. It's between lady market street and "ball shoe street". 4-5 storeys of computer stuff.
3) Wanchai computer mall - Near WanChai MTR station.
i would pick mong kok computer mall. can leave gf/wife in argyle centre, while u chiong the computer stuff.. i went there.. it is HUGE

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i would pick mong kok computer mall. can leave gf/wife in argyle centre, while u chiong the computer stuff.. i went there.. it is HUGE

The one at WanChai and Golden is much much bigger then Mong Kok one. Price is also cheaper.

nonoboy

Reaction score
thanks guys for the tips & info! really helpful while i build up the list.. haha

The list on the website shd be enough to handle your computer needs:D Do your homework n sometimes cantonese helps in haggling. Golden is your best bet!

The one at WanChai and Golden is much much bigger then Mong Kok one. Price is also cheaper.

Yeshh , u r rite.:D

qqspot

Reaction score
reporting live from HK right now.

weather is cooling!! nice weather!!

HK Weather is Lo 17oC Hi 24oC

I am reporting live in Hong Kong now also!!

ATT756543.gif

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.