HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

miracleman

Reaction score
Hi mate~u should pay by the credit card:Das the exchange rate between SD and HKD is good right now~anyway, new comer from HK.=:p
don't think mongkok computer centre accept credit card.. or at least the shop i saw.. i think must pay more if pay by credit card.

to add on.. for laptops, go to mongkok computer centre or wanchai computer centre. for accessories e.g. usb hub, keyboards and other stuff, go to golden computer centre. there are almost zero laptops in golden..

czerny81

Reaction score
ok. i just asked my fren to buy for me the laptop le. should be coming in during cny. saved 800+. :) for those who wanna know:

ASUS G1S
T7700 processor, 2gb ram, and 15inch lcd are the highlights. :) 12000hkd.

i'm not so keen to get from fortress/tai lin because they carry mostly sony..

WOW~12000hkd~it's quite expensive for me:Dbut for sure it's really cheaper than in SIN~BTW, ppl in SIN prefer the brand ASUS/DELL/HP but we prefer the FUJITSU/HP/TOSHIBA/Lenovo cuz it looks sharp and modern while for Lenovo/HP is cheaper than other brands and for the models of Lenovo still keeping the red dot mouse panel in the centre of the keypad that are actually better in quality w/ their new model cuz by the same production line and materials of the original NEC brand.:s8:

czerny81

Reaction score
also, gonna recommend u guys to try the pizza hut over there... i know it sounds crazy because hk got so much nice food right? but the pizza hut there is like.... WOW. really.. must try..

Yeah~spaghetti house would be better w/ the similar price to having there~BTW, i only order the pizza from pizza hut for taking away which cost only the half price of having there:D

czerny81

Reaction score
don't think mongkok computer centre accept credit card.. or at least the shop i saw.. i think must pay more if pay by credit card.

to add on.. for laptops, go to mongkok computer centre or wanchai computer centre. for accessories e.g. usb hub, keyboards and other stuff, go to golden computer centre. there are almost zero laptops in golden..

yup~agree there's less laptops can be found in golden~BTW, credit card payment may be charged for the administrative fee just depends on individual shop only and we usually pay by EPS cuz ppl seldom bring w/ serval thousands out:Dbut i'm sure for visitors like me would hv enough cash~~:s22:

arianwen

Reaction score
Yup mate miracleman is right and hotels in NT area may not be convenient and i feel the hotels in HK is quite nice. Generally a 4 stars hotel is better than that in SIN (right now i'm staying in the golden landmark also claimed as 4 stars:p). The quality of a hotel charged ard SD$110 per night is already quite nice. Here're 2 hotels : Harbour Plaza Hotel in North Point & Newton Place Hotel in Kwun Tong. the 1st one is a 5-min walk to the MTR station and the 2nd one is pretty new plus in the town (Kwun Tong), both are charged for ard HKD$600 per night. Hope these can help~:D

thanks man.. haha but i took up package liao. nvm let them arrange, juz hope things turn out fine.;)

czerny81

Reaction score
thanks man.. haha but i took up package liao. nvm let them arrange, juz hope things turn out fine.;)

Yeah~enjoy the trip and some differences are generally u can access the internet w/o additional charge in ur rm while SIN is not~and in HK the MacDonald's dun hv any wifi services but in Harbour City in TST and most of the public recreational buildings do hv~Cheers~;)

twinkle04

Reaction score
Yo ppl, any idea where to get gd leather shoe for guys? or some formal shoewear in mongkok/tst/causeway bay/jordon/somewhere? how abt nice short sleeve men shirts?

miracleman

Reaction score
Yo ppl, any idea where to get gd leather shoe for guys? or some formal shoewear in mongkok/tst/causeway bay/jordon/somewhere? how abt nice short sleeve men shirts?
the mongkok end of fah yuen st got a lot of shoe shops.. mostly sports shoes but also got leather shoes. short sleeve men shirt can try g2000/giordano over there.. the designs very nice. :) anyway short sleeve a bit difficult as now is winter fashion

ed_styler83

Reaction score
Twinkle...u can try Esprit...their esprit is very nice...=)

As for leather shoes...u can find at fa yuen st...no worries...

Sofa_King

Reaction score
Exchange rate now is SG$1 = HK$5.4 (and to go lower as more US rate cuts expected) so worth it to go shopping in HK. I'm going in March school hols. Ipod touch and PS3 main targets.

miracleman

Reaction score
Exchange rate now is SG$1 = HK$5.4 (and to go lower as more US rate cuts expected) so worth it to go shopping in HK. I'm going in March school hols. Ipod touch and PS3 main targets.

you should also think about laptops, cpu parts, etc.. all are cheaper there... laptops especially significantly cheaper. i saved $1100 on my G1S. only storage stuff are more ex there, e.g. hdd, ext hdd, memory card, etc..

senser

Reaction score
unbelievable holiday

was in HK 4 days with wife, 2 kids, maid and in laws.
Arrive in Mongkok Langham Place for a night's stay, where we walked the night markets(we can randomly pick any small, hole in the wall eatery and you find the food is easily better than any place in Singapore! No kidding!)

Took MTR to Jordan for breakfast at Austrtalian Milk company. Great HK stylre food but no frills service. You order quick(they got no time to wait for you to consider and they just walk off till you ready to call them again and food take 5 seconds to arrive! But still food is good)
Next day took MTR to Disney Hotel for next 2 nights. Great transport system, with almost no waiting time!!

Booked online 2 kingdom club rooms for 2 nights.( complimentary refreshments all day round) Then we were upgraded free to one of the 2 suites in the hotel. AWESOME! Bigger than my own HDB flat!!!
Must have the Enchanted Garden dinner, worth the money! The kids loved it, with the 4 main characters making the kids laugh as they go from table to table repeatedly. The food was really really excellent ! 5 stars
The next night dinner at Crystal Lotus. Food was excellent but service was lacking perhaps it was a busy night. The portions were a little too small we felt.
Thanks to advice and links from forummers , I was armed with a lot of maps and info on HK that made my trip hassle free. I'm sure those of you who travel with preschool kids will know what it means to carry milk and pram and pampers on trips! Half the time end up I carry them. It's like planning and executing an SAF mission! No joke!!
Weather was cool in Mongkok day 1, day 2 was light rain but we were in disney hotel. Day 3 in disneyland park but it was pouring whole day that we were in the park! Luckily my kids were too young to realised they have missed quite a bit.
Last day checked out and went to Ngong Ping 360 before night flight and it was foggy with visibility like 10 meters and 10 degree celcius!!
the coldness was an experience by itself. Climbed 250 steps but could only make out Lord Buddha's palm. Anyway Buddha nature is in our hearts and what we see is just the external form. Being there was just as good but I'll definitely be bak!

ed_styler83

Reaction score
I'm glad u enjoyed ur trip and this thread certainly helps anyone who is gg to head over there...
Yap Hongkong got a very gd transport system along with their eateries.
Almost every single corner have food. =)

miracleman

Reaction score
u know i am very impressed by their train system.. ppl in hong kong really don't need to drive? unless they stay in NT or something.. the waiting time for the trains, REGARDLESS of the time of the day is always like 1-2 min.. u never see something like 5-10 min kinda thing.. I'm the impatient type of person who can't even wait 1 min.. and this city is lovely for me.

TsQ

Master Member
Reaction score
Hm...the only negative thing about their train is abit old...ahahaha...
Other than tt...everything is gd...

i am pretty sure theirs are newer then spore one (the yellow interior) .. while its the similar model with the one in spore with the white interior...

but their LED Mapping info on every exit is really fantastic.. even their simple but informative LED beats our mopbileTV

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.