HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

miracleman

Reaction score
the airport express trains lagi better.. can tell u which part of the journey you're on now.. simple, but very good..

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Yep, their trains may be older than our but most certainly a whole lot cooler and not as stuffy even when fully packed. In addition, they have clear light indicators to show which direction u are travelling, which is the next stop and which side of the door will be opening. Very efficient and user friendly! :)

Hm...the only negative thing about their train is abit old...ahahaha...
Other than tt...everything is gd...

dennisleu

Reaction score
but their LED Mapping info on every exit is really fantastic.. even their simple but informative LED beats our mopbileTV

I can't agree more on this.
The LED is really 1960's but I always find the information helpful. They displays headliners, weather forecast, Top 10 billboard ranking, stock indexes and etc. We are still a long way behind them as far as transportation is concerned.

Oh btw they seem also inherited the train culture from the Japanese. As in no loud noise inside train. I have never seen anyone blast their mp3 or hp ringtone aloud. Even countless passengers were playing their PSPs or NDs, they always wired with earpieces. Apparently, most of our Singapore PSP/NDS owners, can afford the console but not the earpiece.

Last edited:

kenho_23

Reaction score
I am going back too

Hi, I am planning to visit Hong Kong from 13 Feb 2008 onwards. JetStar is currently having a 'BUY 1, GET 1 FREE' Promo.

I am looking for someone who wanted to travel to Hong Kong During this period too. PM me if anyone is interested.

czerny81

Reaction score
Yep, their trains may be older than our but most certainly a whole lot cooler and not as stuffy even when fully packed. In addition, they have clear light indicators to show which direction u are travelling, which is the next stop and which side of the door will be opening. Very efficient and user friendly! :)

I'm not sure whether our train is older than that in sg maybe is abit older than the one of SMRT w/ white interior colour ~ or just the lighting effective of the colour of the liminaries~anyway i do agree the LED billboard in the train is abit old fashion in style but the information shown are informative and the light directional signs above the 2 sides of the doors and the name of each station is clearly shown on the coloumns of the platform which are really helpful for the visitors comparing w/ in sg~BTW, good to hearing all mates enjoyed the trip in HK and i've come back to HK 2 :D rgt now is 11 degree which is much colder than in sg ~ and mates be recommended to bring along ur jackets~cheers

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
czerny81, guess u r the ideal person to ask about HK, any idea where is this dim sum restaurant called New City (Sun Seng) in HK? Also, hows the weather in HK typically around end Feb? Thks!

I'm not sure whether our train is older than that in sg maybe is abit older than the one of SMRT w/ white interior colour ~ or just the lighting effective of the colour of the liminaries~anyway i do agree the LED billboard in the train is abit old fashion in style but the information shown are informative and the light directional signs above the 2 sides of the doors and the name of each station is clearly shown on the coloumns of the platform which are really helpful for the visitors comparing w/ in sg~BTW, good to hearing all mates enjoyed the trip in HK and i've come back to HK 2 :D rgt now is 11 degree which is much colder than in sg ~ and mates be recommended to bring along ur jackets~cheers

Last edited:

sigur_ros

Reaction score
Hi everyone, quick query.. Does anyone know the name of this shopping centre in kowloon that has many tiny shops with cramped walkways selling ladies apparel?

jujube

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, quick query.. Does anyone know the name of this shopping centre in kowloon that has many tiny shops with cramped walkways selling ladies apparel?

i know theres 1 such place in causeway bay

evewbb

Reaction score
does anyone know how to go to this place?
土瓜灣落山道

Last edited:

Disincarnate

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i ish going to spent my cny at hk..any idea that iis it very cold? i dun wanna be illprepared as my previous trip to tokyo :s22:

silvestz

Master Member
Reaction score
Just came back from HongKong.. weather was cold down there.

sharing some photos (mostly food) :D

Hotel room in Prudential Hotel (located above Jordan MTR)

HongKong049.jpg

HongKong050.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.