HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

outlander

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I actually booked tixs to go 2 HK during Gd friday. But the 'flu' season in HK seems serious. 3 children died due to that. shld I cancel the trip? But cancelling the trip = paying the agency cancellation charges.
No cause for alarm. This is just the flu season and not SARS or bird flu so danger not high. Children and old people are more vulnerable though and are encouraged to get a flu vaccine jab before going.

eD|t|0n

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, Anyone knows what's the street called that sell nike & Addidas & sports shoes...? The whole street sells sports shoes and shoes apparel de...? :)

o0SpaceY0o

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, i am heading to HK during May. Just wanna ask hows their IT Stuffs over there? Izzit cheap for things like IPOD, mp3players all these?

winzzz

Reaction score
Hi there,
does any1 knows which website i can use to book a room for the AH Shan Hostel in Hongkong???

or besides asiarooms & asiatravel, any other online hotel booking web sites that i can use??

Musicguru

Reaction score
I've been reading this thread and a lot of ppl here choose to stay at YMCA International house.

Reviews anyone?

BluBlur

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
does any1 knows which website i can use to book a room for the AH Shan Hostel in Hongkong???

or besides asiarooms & asiatravel, any other online hotel booking web sites that i can use??

You can view the comment for another person who asked the same question here :)

JDelphiNet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been reading this thread and a lot of ppl here choose to stay at YMCA International house.

Reviews anyone?
Check out AsiaRooms.com. Got quite a lot of YMCA International guests who posted/shared their experience/views on the hotel there...

:Later,

Musicguru

Reaction score
Thanks JDelphiNet! Will check out asiarooms. :s12:

Anyone else has stayed at YMCA International house before??

ed_styler83

Reaction score
juz came back from hk last nite..

i don't think i will go back again. :look:

kinda disappointed with the trip.. food.. awful (every meal super salty)
the night markets quite uninteresting.. no different from our pasar malam..

and the items in shopping malls, super ex.

taiwan is much better :spin:

Its always unpleasant to hear a holiday trip is disappointing.
Maybe unfortunately u went to places tt serve not really tasty food. There are alot of places in HK serve great food...

I dont deny their night markets are similar to SG but SG night markets can no way matched up to the ones in HK.

Yap items in shopping malls are ex but if u know where to go...u will be in for a gd bargain.

Taiwan got her advantages and disadvantages too...:)

BluBlur

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks JDelphiNet! Will check out asiarooms. :s12:

Anyone else has stayed at YMCA International house before??

Me! Stayed there for 4 nights last month. Booked 3 rooms via Zuji. On the day of check-in, the front desk delayed the handing over of 2 room access cards for about 2.5 hours. Other than that, service was speedy. Had a tripped circuit in my room which they solved fairly quickly. The front desk, service and concierge staff were also conversant in English.

Overall the better points about YMCA will be its location (between Jordan and Mongkok), not excessively crowded as compared to Mongkok. Also it's served by Airport Express shuttle K6, which is convenient if you plan to take Airport Express.

Last edited:

camelnut

Reaction score
Went to Asia pacific travel at ppl park centre. asked for 4d3n hongkong and the price was 481 including tax. jetstar n harbour plaza at New Territories. is it reasonable or too gd to be true?

ed_styler83

Reaction score
Went to Asia pacific travel at ppl park centre. asked for 4d3n hongkong and the price was 481 including tax. jetstar n harbour plaza at New Territories. is it reasonable or too gd to be true?

Its reasonable...as hotel in new territories are not as ex as the ones in kowloon...If you don't mind to take abit of time to travel from new territories to kowloon or town...then go for it...=)

camelnut

Reaction score
Its reasonable...as hotel in new territories are not as ex as the ones in kowloon...If you don't mind to take abit of time to travel from new territories to kowloon or town...then go for it...=)

how long is the travelling time fr new territories to kowloon? or any recommended hotel at kowloon with same price range as harbour plaza resort? thanks a lot!

ed_styler83

Reaction score
how long is the travelling time fr new territories to kowloon? or any recommended hotel at kowloon with same price range as harbour plaza resort? thanks a lot!

i do not think you can get such price range for hotel in kowloon...haa...but i read the reviews for this hotel not bad...still got shuttle bus to kowloon hourly...gdgd nt bad..

stevenspool

Reaction score
Please help

after reading so much, i feel like going back to HK for the fourth time. but everytime i was there, i only managed to hang around the shim sha tsui area and then end up in the victoria harbour for an evening stroll. also didn't know where the good food and cheap shops are. been once to ocean park but that was it. :s11:

i hope some kind angels here can point me to a good iteinary based on the following "criteria"...

1. recommendation for a nice romantic hotel to stay at the tsim sha tsui area (eg. marco polo, etc), romantic because i want to cheer up my wife who has mild depression. :sad:

2. a nice dim sum restaurant which is not too crowded in the morning.

3. big shopping centres which don't need bargaining... (for clothes, bags, IT stuff)

4. shops that need bargaining (for woman's accessories, clothes, bags, shoes)

5. steamboat restaurant cos my wife likes it

6. disneyland activities (this one i am likely to book thru the travel agent)

7. famous HK landmarks or attractions?

really appreciate any help... i am looking at a May trip .... budget is $2000 excluding spending money. thanks :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.