Nokia Care Information

noobie87

Reaction score
nokia Care DOESNT CARE bout our phones

i sent my 6500slide for repairs on 15th march SAT at the Suntec branch. this is because my phone cant freakin play a song on the music player and the memory card doesnt seem to be able to be detected by the phone..i hv been tryin out for two weeks alr but thr are no improvements at all, while more problems continue to arise. now the phone occasionally cant display my sms at all.

i went in the mornin and i was happy tt despite the queue i was waited on in less than 20mins.
but my first surprise arose when the girl who was at the counter seems not at all interested in listening to my complains. she gave me the "i alr hear this problem for the one million time" look. she continued to type away while i continue to nag and nag.

so tts it for the first trip. waitin to collect my phone in a weeks time as stated.

30th March SUNDAY
note sunday cos the phone is suppoesed to be ready by SAT. i tried to call the nokia careline(6822 8888) before i went down to check whether the phone was really ready, but all they said was go to the WEBSITE to check!!! how the hell was i supposed to check when thrs no internet access outside. so i drove all the way down. but when i reached the counter tryin to get a queue number, the BEST surprise came.
the customer service lady told me the phone was not ready!!!
and then she continued to tell me that they hv tried to call the 2phone numbers i hv provided to inform me. but HOW THE HELL could they hv called when both phones didn even hv a missed call for the WHOLE FREAKIN WEEK!!!
and now i hv to wait another 5days before my phone is supposed to be ready again....tell me wat can i do to **** nokia upside down...

jokerpoker81

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How long will it take to repair my mobile phone in the Nokia Care outlets?
If the defect in the phone is not serious in nature, the Nokia Care outlet should be able to repair and return your phone to you within 1 hour.

incorrect.....!!!! 4 hrs is the minimum i was told, and you cannot asked to be contacted for collection even if your phone is done servicing in less than 4 hrs....and in many cases.....nokia took ages....even mths to get back to customers on repairing of phones.....

jokerpoker81

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Opening hours stated 11.00am to 8.00pm, but most times....they pull down the shutters by 7.30pm......should have notices outside to inform of this "early closing".............

cowfart

Reaction score
incorrect.....!!!! 4 hrs is the minimum i was told, and you cannot asked to be contacted for collection even if your phone is done servicing in less than 4 hrs....and in many cases.....nokia took ages....even mths to get back to customers on repairing of phones.....

mine always takes 2 hours... i've gone there alot of times liao ( to Wheelock centre)

Opening hours stated 11.00am to 8.00pm, but most times....they pull down the shutters by 7.30pm......should have notices outside to inform of this "early closing".............

last thursday i went there @ 8.10 (for collection, sent in on same day at about 5+pm), and they settled all the customers first before closing... when i collected my phone, it was already 8.30pm...

denbaguze

Reaction score
hiz,

actually....for s/w issues....its better for u not to bring it down to NCC....i tink its a total waste of time....

try getting the data from fellow users....s/w upgrade....do it urself @ home....

juz my 3 cents worth of advice....onli go there if ur hardware is faulty....

Hi,

How if the firmware (for N73) is faulty?
Should I still go to NCC even the warranty has expired?
Anyone in HWZ able to fix it?
I think I've bricked the phone when I'm trying to update the phone software..

Thankz

FreewayJet

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sent my phone in for repair for faulty screen, they say its water corrosion, then the cost of repair was $500. Comeone, its a Nokia 5610, $500 just to repair it? Does that even make sense. I can still call or do anything with it, just that the screen refuses to work. Weird huh?

abc1987

Master Member
Reaction score
darn it, my nokia n81 the camera button a bit stuck, should i just unscrew and try to loosen myself?

i dont want to bring there and get my phone damaged further!

cowfart

Reaction score
Sent my phone in for repair for faulty screen, they say its water corrosion, then the cost of repair was $500. Comeone, its a Nokia 5610, $500 just to repair it? Does that even make sense. I can still call or do anything with it, just that the screen refuses to work. Weird huh?

Brand new $390... link
:s16:

lxb_70

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bought my N82 for less than 2mths nia.. the bottom speaker no sound liao.... dun dare to bring it down to NCC... coz scared another prob arise.... so, lan lan bear with it... :s27:

T3rmite

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I have a different experience. A good one with NCC.

My E71 screen died on me after 2 weeks of usage suddenly.
I sent in for repair and got it back within 2 days at wheellock. They even change the casing automatically for me because I have a small chip without extra charge or question asked (I didnt ask for the change of casing).

Guess I am one of the lucky ones.

ostralek

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, for such a good phone like this, you can find the extra features in the Feature portion of the user manual, but I guess most people don't make an effort to read the manual in depth, and hence lose out in terms of not knowing some of these features.

If you lost your manual, then go try and download the manual free from http://www.lostmymanual.org

Cheers.

melankholy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel the so called "engineers" should be the one sitting at the front desk. The CSO's really have no clue what the consumer is experiencing. If you start to get technical, all they can do is go to their backroom and check with the engineer and its not like they pass on correct info.

GeneKoh

Reaction score
Tried to bring my 5800Xpressmusic down to Century Square NCC yesterday cuz my LCD is cracked... But the funny thing is, that the touchpanel above the LCD is not cracked, only the LCD below.

So the girl at the counter (strong Fillipino accent) told me tat my LCD is cracked due to my own damage and is not covered under warranty. If it's my own damage, cannot be that the touchpanel is ok, but the LCD under it is cracked, right?... Obviously it's a QC problem there... But NCC doesn't want to repair...

Also, have to pay 80 to 150 to repair... Siaoz! I might as well top-up and get a new one...

Anyone know which NCC provides the best service? Or at least the lesser evil?

CyanSupra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so many ppl got bad experience using nokia phone.
But I've been using nokia phone for very long le, so far never encounter any problems.
Am I lucky or u guys suay?
Nk3200-6months
Nk 7610-2years
N73-1.5years.
Currently using n 95 8gb.

Reaction score
i went to CS ncc a month back too... went there a few times actually for the same problem.. my 5800 got some casing problem... at first quite impressed cause they changed new casing for me... but after a few days the same problem still occur but different part of the case... called the the careline they told me that many ppl encounter this problem and is NORMAL and OKAY as long it can function like normal... who pay a sum of money to get a phone that have this kinda problem... how to last for 1-2years? got gap in between the casing sure will have dust enter and you know....

andrewelc

Reaction score
maybe you can try wheellock place. for what i know there is the bestservice for ncc

M_16

Master Member
Reaction score
whats the number for wheelock place that can call? seems like the numbers here are outdated, no one answer.

taka8gohiko

Reaction score
alright, anyone tried to email nokia before on their website? I emailed them 4 days ago; sent the second email yesterday, and is getting no reply...

sprockett

Reaction score
alright, anyone tried to email nokia before on their website? I emailed them 4 days ago; sent the second email yesterday, and is getting no reply...
bro, honestly, i woudlnt be surprised if they dont answer u forever.
i kana even worse from them, they release a buggy phone that doesnt even work properly, and then tell me "NO SOLUTION AT THE MOMENT, TOO BAD, U JUST HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL WE GOT SOLUTION FOR U"

see my thread http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2416438

happiee

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.