[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

leinad

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
As indicated in the FAQ sticky thread, feel free to ask questions which the FAQ does not adequately address.

Please help us to help you - ask your questions in a clear, concise manner. It would be good if you can enclose screenshots so that we can better see the problem, if necessary.

/Dan

Angelus_jr

Reaction score
I shall start the ball rolling. 1)How do I change the time/date format to something like this --> April 4, Fri 10:00pm? There is only the day and time included. 2) How do I take screenshot in mac? like print screen in windows

petmonster

Reaction score
qn 1) preferences -> international, under the formats tab, customize.

2) apple+shift+4

RupertGee

Master Member
Reaction score
1) Launch System Preferences and type "Date Formats" in the search field. You can do likewise in future for other preference settings you want to change.
2) For Finder related issues, go to Finder and type your question (in this case "Screen Capture") in the help menu's search box for your instant answer. You'll learn how to capture just a small selection of your screen.

I just taught you how to fish instead of giving you a fish to eat.

Angelus_jr

Reaction score
when i click the time on the top right hand corner, it will list down the date i wanted but its in grey colour. i cant select it. it will appear as fri,10:00pm. another question wat application i can use to erase my opera's web history?

RupertGee

Master Member
Reaction score

petmonster

Reaction score
when i click the time on the top right hand corner, it will list down the date i wanted but its in grey colour. i cant select it. it will appear as fri,10:00pm. another question wat application i can use to erase my opera's web history?

think about it. when you click on the time on the top right hand corner, what can you click on?

1. analog.
2. digital.
3 open date and time.

the obvious choice would be to open date and time. then when you are at a lost in that screen, you notice at the bottom, it says:

to set date and time formats, use international preferences, with a button for you to open international.

after you open international, the first screen does nothing, no option to click, nothing. so try the next tab, formats.

there you see different versions of dates, and the one you want, is the second option, so click on customize, and play with the dropdown.

mac is simple thinking.

when i first ported over, i also was frustrated how come i lost control of so many things. but i just found out they were finally sorted. in the right places.

Carbon Fiber

Reaction score
Hi,
I would like to suggest 2 topics that might have great interest.

1) I've decided I want to buy a Mac, now what?
2) I've bought a Mac, now what?

Cheers!:D

Angelus_jr

Reaction score
think about it. when you click on the time on the top right hand corner, what can you click on?

1. analog.
2. digital.
3 open date and time.

the obvious choice would be to open date and time. then when you are at a lost in that screen, you notice at the bottom, it says:

to set date and time formats, use international preferences, with a button for you to open international.

after you open international, the first screen does nothing, no option to click, nothing. so try the next tab, formats.

there you see different versions of dates, and the one you want, is the second option, so click on customize, and play with the dropdown.

mac is simple thinking.

when i first ported over, i also was frustrated how come i lost control of so many things. but i just found out they were finally sorted. in the right places.

perhaps i didnt explain well, i had already done all the steps before your mentioned quote. what i am trying to figure is how to have the date besides the digital time. the default is Fri 10:00pm. I am trying to change it to April 4, Fri, 10pm. cos in windows i am used to see the date+day+time as in a diigtal watch.

anfielder

Master Member
Reaction score

Cyborg_T1

Reaction score
1) How to add 'new tab' button in Safari?
2) How to configure mouse button to go back in web browser?
3) How to view PDF file in webpage using FireFox?
4) How to change icons?
5) How to make quicktime play XVID videos?
6) How to use spotlight as a calculator
7) What's Ctrl+alt+del in mac osx?
8) How to print screen in mac?

enough? :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.