Police National Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabz87

Reaction score
hey guys..i was wondering..i've got my enlistment letter already, gonna go in on 5th june..but i'd like to go police to serve ns and sign on with them. my pes is put as BP..but my BMI is definitely lesser than 27 (the stated bmi for pes bp with 15wks bmt.) think i'm not overweight @ all la..even if so think by like 1-2kg max..the ***** doctor anyhow gun 1 la..anyway..was wondering how shld i go about to sign on/register for SPF..i dont have a diploma or a lvl cert though..decided to quit poly half way tru and continue with studies later or during my ns/police period. i also didnt go for my napfa test..

any suggestions are welcomed!

tahoch

Reaction score
hey guys..i was wondering..i've got my enlistment letter already, gonna go in on 5th june..but i'd like to go police to serve ns and sign on with them. my pes is put as BP..but my BMI is definitely lesser than 27 (the stated bmi for pes bp with 15wks bmt.) think i'm not overweight @ all la..even if so think by like 1-2kg max..the ***** doctor anyhow gun 1 la..anyway..was wondering how shld i go about to sign on/register for SPF..i dont have a diploma or a lvl cert though..decided to quit poly half way tru and continue with studies later or during my ns/police period. i also didnt go for my napfa test..

any suggestions are welcomed!

If you wanna go Police and are willing to sign on, then just sign on with them directly now. Then u wont need to serve NS in the SAF.

Now I think there is a manpower shortage, they will welcome you la. Anyway no harm in just contacting them. Anyway you will probably need to go thru another medical screening from the Police again. In the meantime, lose the 1-2kg la, if you really dont fit into the minimum criteria. This is a career also, rt? U also dont want to be a fat policeman what.

The contact details are in www.spf.gov.sg also :
Address : SPF Recruitment Division
Manpower Department
New Phoenix Park 28 Irrawaddy Road
Singapore 329560
Tel : 1800 - 352 0000
Fax : 6 253 7754
Email : spf_career@spf.gov.sg

fabz87

Reaction score
If you wanna go Police and are willing to sign on, then just sign on with them directly now. Then u wont need to serve NS in the SAF.

Now I think there is a manpower shortage, they will welcome you la. Anyway no harm in just contacting them. Anyway you will probably need to go thru another medical screening from the Police again. In the meantime, lose the 1-2kg la, if you really dont fit into the minimum criteria. This is a career also, rt? U also dont want to be a fat policeman what.

The contact details are in www.spf.gov.sg also :
Address : SPF Recruitment Division
Manpower Department
New Phoenix Park 28 Irrawaddy Road
Singapore 329560
Tel : 1800 - 352 0000
Fax : 6 253 7754
Email : spf_career@spf.gov.sg

oh..alright cool..i'll go check it out maybe on mon. thanks bro!

alec_fishy88

Reaction score
Hi all.. First post here..

Gonna be enlisted on 8th July 2008.. Been reading this thread.. haha =)

I'm pes c1l2.. underweight..

Possible to like chiong to get NPCO not ar?

I cant swim luh -.-

C1L2 excused what ar? Sorry.. I so many questions. =)

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all.. First post here..

Gonna be enlisted on 8th July 2008.. Been reading this thread.. haha =)

I'm pes c1l2.. underweight..

Possible to like chiong to get NPCO not ar?

I cant swim luh -.-

C1L2 excused what ar? Sorry.. I so many questions. =)
as long as pes c means after pop you be office boy and patrol your own office. dont think too much.

alec_fishy88

Reaction score
really ar? sian man..

the MO put me 6 mths review.. got review one nt? i wanna up my pes..

No chance ar? npco or k9 or something other than office?

PES C1L3 Exemption for what stuffs ar?

Office kia got warrant card one not ar? -.-

Last edited:

nslu2_user

Reaction score
really ar? sian man..

the MO put me 6 mths review.. got review one nt? i wanna up my pes..

No chance ar? npco or k9 or something other than office?

PES C1L3 Exemption for what stuffs ar?

Office kia got warrant card one not ar? -.-

your training in HTA is 3-4months, then you said you're on 6 months review, means that when you POP, you would have already receive your posting. unless your review can put forward to an earlier date and upgrade your PES then maybe you can stand a chance to get a NPCO or K9 posting. I suggest when you've acquainted with your OC, ask him/her if he/she can make your review appointment earlier.

havent heard of C1L3.. and at PNS, our 'L' don't really matter, we add another alphabet, 'P' as the 'L' doesn't apply to us.

in my case i'm C9L2P5 (exempt IPPT, shooting.. only service & support duties).
used to be PES B when enlisted though..

From what I know, C2-C9, E & F all don't need to go IPPT. For C2, i think if have lower leg injury exemted from IPPT as my officemates have knee problems. C1 i think you can exempt up to 2 stations except for 2.4km

Yes office boy got warrant card and meal allowance (usually $4), only no operation allowance ($100 or $150 if you're in PCG or trooper) and no guns in the office of course!

alec_fishy88

Reaction score
your training in HTA is 3-4months, then you said you're on 6 months review, means that when you POP, you would have already receive your posting. unless your review can put forward to an earlier date and upgrade your PES then maybe you can stand a chance to get a NPCO or K9 posting. I suggest when you've acquainted with your OC, ask him/her if he/she can make your review appointment earlier.

havent heard of C1L3.. and at PNS, our 'L' don't really matter, we add another alphabet, 'P' as the 'L' doesn't apply to us.

in my case i'm C9L2P5 (exempt IPPT, shooting.. only service & support duties).
used to be PES B when enlisted though..

From what I know, C2-C9, E & F all don't need to go IPPT. For C2, i think if have lower leg injury exemted from IPPT as my officemates have knee problems. C1 i think you can exempt up to 2 stations except for 2.4km

Yes office boy got warrant card and meal allowance (usually $4), only no operation allowance ($100 or $150 if you're in PCG or trooper) and no guns in the office of course!

Thanks =)

L3 is "Able to bear firearms and protect themselves, others and property. They can be deployed in MSA or service support formations/ units."

So means cant go NPCO still?

C1 still must run?

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tbh i never see before pes c npco.

you think they will take the risk of putting a pes c in npco? cannot protect life and property nvm, if still cant protech themselves lagi jialat

biodraft

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry.. it stated CAN protect

Tks for helping me out. =)
ya can is can, but actual posting is another thing. maybe when sentry need manpower then bo bian ask pes c guys go tong awhile. since you can carry firearms, i think that might be possible

alec_fishy88

Reaction score
Tks sir. =)

btw, i think warrant cards are issued ONLY after u pass out from home team right..

Then like before u get the warrant card if outside when u in civillian if those ah bengs come disturb u hw?

No way of like identifying urself as a PO?

nslu2_user

Reaction score
Thanks =)

L3 is "Able to bear firearms and protect themselves, others and property. They can be deployed in MSA or service support formations/ units."

So means cant go NPCO still?

C1 still must run?

I have a friend who's C2L2P2, he got collar bone broken before and he must still run eventhough he's pes C2L2

I think unless you have lower limbs injury (or spine injury like me), then you must run. Yes, Biodraft is correct, there's no PES C NPCO, i've got PES C squadmates they all become SA (staff assistant AKA office boy)

Even I as PES B and healthy before, My OC was reluctant to put me as NPCO as I've encountered service injury before, got my knee in contusion and even I can prove her that I can run, she says in reality, it takes more than ability to go after the chase.

Biodraft too harsh on you.. maybe he's not having a good day :D PEACE Biodraft!! hehe..

alec_fishy88

Reaction score
Nah.. its alright.. really..

Really appreciate the help here.. =)

my last qn i need to know is :

i think warrant cards are issued ONLY after u pass out from home team right..

Then like before u get the warrant card if outside when u in civillian if those ah bengs come disturb u hw?

a1v1n_

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tks sir. =)

btw, i think warrant cards are issued ONLY after u pass out from home team right..

yeah after you passed out from HTA. hmm your police smart card (i/c for yr NS)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.