Which Graphics card to buy in Y2024

johny2wong

Reaction score
Anyone can inform me which is faster, gforce 9600GT SLI or single geforce 9800GTX ? I use for playing games like CoD 4 , crysis, etc.

xmiyax

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys whats a good budget card with hdmi output. currently using 7900gs sonic. tried using a dvi->hdmi cable to connect my pc to my onkyo avr but cant display anything.

tenyawph

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm a noob, so can someone tell me what's this sonic thing?

'Sonic' is a name used by Xpertvision to indicate an overclocked version of the graphics card, such like ASUS will use 'TOP' for their overclocked version, XFX uses 'XXX', etc.

benlhy

Reaction score
'Sonic' is a name used by Xpertvision to indicate an overclocked version of the graphics card, such like ASUS will use 'TOP' for their overclocked version, XFX uses 'XXX', etc.

Ahh... thanks for enlighting me. Its really hard to build a new rig now as I'm so out of touch.

reson90

Reaction score
Hi could i ask which 9600GT, brand is the best whack for now? budget about 250+/- :s22:

Last edited:

eatsleeplim

Reaction score
from the first post in this thread...
MUST-HAVE 3-D GAMES IN Y2008
Age of Conan
Alan Wake
Alone in the Dark
Assassin's Creed
Dragon Age
Duke Nukem Forever
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
F.E.A.R. 2
Grand Theft Auto 4
KOTOR Online
Left 4 Dead
Mass Effect
Peggle Nights
Project Origin
SPORE
Starcraft II
WoW - Wrath of the Lich King
The Agency
Duke Nukem Forever? ROFL

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.