~Porter Japan Official Thread~

huhu84

Master Member
Reaction score
the wisma outlet got carry some porter tokyo stuff but very limited quantity..head porter u can try surrenderous ? ( correct spelling anot) its near the youth park there

shunsuke

Banned
Reaction score
the wisma outlet got carry some porter tokyo stuff but very limited quantity..head porter u can try surrenderous ? ( correct spelling anot) its near the youth park there
I believe it's Surrender, just that their url's surrenderous.com

EquinOoX

Master Member
Reaction score
img41229156.jpg

img41229166.jpg

theRenaissance

Reaction score
Okies sorry for the late pics i was reading the very few pages of the thread

this is the anniversary tees i got from tw from porter international

DSCF4340.jpg

DSCF4356.jpg

above is my tee
DSCF4364.jpg

this is my gf's

DSCF4363.jpg

so i assume headporter/porter toyoko are what u guys sought for in this thread?

dont burn me for my porter international tees post

seems i went thru some stuff and international is a taiwan relabel brand

and they got more cute stuff n young stuff

how abt the headporter?

seems they got nicer bags plus functionality and costs more too..better material i guess

my frenzz asked me whats the difference b/w Porter international,headporter and porter

anybody can kindly just brief me thru what's what...

seems now Porter International = Taiwan Brand

Headporter = Jap Designers and fashion line

Porter = ???

i just went down to wisma porter international and i see their ranges of bags and stuff is different from what i seen in taiwan...

but i didnt see a exact headporter on the bags either..how to differentiate

i assume porter international is the porter boy carrying bags logo

what abt headporter?

Porter Intertional = Another line that is different from Porter / Headporter. Long story behind this but personally I wont pay that much for PI.

Headporter = A diffusion line which is more streetstyle-oriented headed by Hiroshi Fujiwara.

Porter = the original line established way back, extensive range of series from the basic kinds to the more exclusive range which incorporate usage of horse hide, distressing etc...

Kazana_Chris

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Porter Intertional = Another line that is different from Porter / Headporter. Long story behind this but personally I wont pay that much for PI.

Headporter = A diffusion line which is more streetstyle-oriented headed by Hiroshi Fujiwara.

Porter = the original line established way back, extensive range of series from the basic kinds to the more exclusive range which incorporate usage of horse hide, distressing etc...

thx alot dude greatly appreciated :D

koodsim

Reaction score
finally got this 3 in 1 for work use...pardon the poor pictures

DSCF0554.jpg

DSCF0558.jpg

a point to note about the 3 way tanker briefcase.

it has a zip at the back of the bag, thus if u cross sling often, it has the tendency to rub against the back of your t-shirt, causing excessive wear (hairs) on that particular area.

a personal experience.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody can kindly just brief me thru what's what...

seems now Porter International = Taiwan Brand

Headporter = Jap Designers and fashion line

Porter = ???

Yo bro, I do realised that this thread might have too many pages for u to follow-up, so I'm just gonna highlight the previous impt posts that was already mentioned in this thread by me, that actually contains answers to ur enquiries above. Do read these posts here and here to understand abt the differences btw them.

In short, Porter International is not really considered part of the original Yoshidakaban company (Yoshida and Co in short) in Japan, but the reason why they're allowed to use the household Porter name, basically as explained in the previous posts highlighted above, it's due to trademarks usage actually (Japan uses Yoshida & Co as trademark domestically). And the reason why here locally at the Porter International outlet in Wisma, u can find some very limited range of Porter Tokyo items retailing for sale here locally, apart from their own taiwan domestic releases, is because of this press release which Porter International has finally come into an agreement to bring in Yoshidakaban's domestic releases too, in short Porter Tokyo allows its domestic merchandise for official retail in Taiwan and China as part of the new distributor agreements.

While in Japan, Hiroshi Fujiwara is considered sorta a 'household name' when it comes to japanese street fashion, with his own in-house design firm Fragment Design, he also does collaborations with popular labels such as Nike and Levi's, for example the Nike x hTm AF1s range of sneakers, or Levi's Fenom premium range of jeans just to quote some of his in-house collaborations. Basically due to such a strong cult following and popularity when it comes HF's streetwear labels, Headporter soon gained a cult status for itself ever since it was established in 1998, and have since been doing lotsa collaborations with other domestic japanese labels too such as BEAMS and Neighborhood respectively.

So in all honesty, those who are really into streetwear, the situation's now is like basically Porter Tokyo/Porter International goods are been discriminated as been more inferior, cos majority of those who're into the streetwear scene may feel that anything to do with Headporter these days are considered the perfect niche for themselves, instead of anything by Yoshidakaban or Porter International for that matter.

This is merely some opinion differences btw online communities at the moment for the streetwear scene right now from what I've seen, for both Porter Tokyo/Headporter and it has nothing to do with their manufacturing material or prices differences. To me I only buy or look at the range and design of the bag offerings it can offer me, so whether ppl think Headporter or Hiroshi Fujiwara's in-house labels are considered more dope, it doesn't bother or waver my buying decision for Porter Tokyo or Headporter merchandises. To me fashion has always been abt been yourself, and not just hearing other opinions or copying others by having the herd amasses mentality.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinions. sorry for the wall of text btw. ;)

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nope...already have a heat shoulder bag and a heat sling bag, the very small one (forgot their model names)...tt's y decided to get a tanker for work :)

I see i see, nice wor I had always had a liking for the Porter HEAT series sia, always wanted to buy the Heat Shoulder tote for myself. Just curious, ur Heat series can tahan wet weather/rain? I'm looking for a range that's resistant to wet conditions, so at least during rainy weather I don't have to worry abt spoiling my bag and bringing alternatives out. My current Ounce series the material is not recommended for rainy days as a matter of fact, cos it's denim material.

huhu84

Master Member
Reaction score
Yo bro, I do realised that this thread might have too many pages for u to follow-up, so I'm just gonna highlight the previous impt posts that was already mentioned in this thread by me, that actually contains answers to ur enquiries above. Do read these posts here and here to understand abt the differences btw them.

In short, Porter International is not really considered part of the original Yoshidakaban company (Yoshida and Co in short) in Japan, but the reason why they're allowed to use the household Porter name, basically as explained in the previous posts highlighted above, it's due to trademarks usage actually (Japan uses Yoshida & Co as trademark domestically). And the reason why here locally at the Porter International outlet in Wisma, u can find some very limited range of Porter Tokyo items retailing for sale here locally, apart from their own taiwan domestic releases, is because of this press release which Porter International has finally come into an agreement to bring in Yoshidakaban's domestic releases too, in short Porter Tokyo allows its domestic merchandise for official retail in Taiwan and China as part of the new distributor agreements.

While in Japan, Hiroshi Fujiwara is considered sorta a 'household name' when it comes to japanese street fashion, with his own in-house design firm Fragment Design, he also does collaborations with popular labels such as Nike and Levi's, for example the Nike x hTm AF1s range of sneakers, or Levi's Fenom premium range of jeans just to quote some of his in-house collaborations. Basically due to such a strong cult following and popularity when it comes HF's streetwear labels, Headporter soon gained a cult status for itself ever since it was established in 1998, and have since been doing lotsa collaborations with other domestic japanese labels too such as BEAMS and Neighborhood respectively.

So in all honesty, those who are really into streetwear, the situation's now is like basically Porter Tokyo/Porter International goods are been discriminated as been more inferior, cos majority of those who're into the streetwear scene may feel that anything to do with Headporter these days are considered the perfect niche for themselves, instead of anything by Yoshidakaban or Porter International for that matter.

This is merely some opinion differences btw online communities at the moment for the streetwear scene right now from what I've seen, for both Porter Tokyo/Headporter and it has nothing to do with their manufacturing material or prices differences. To me I only buy or look at the range and design of the bag offerings it can offer me, so whether ppl think Headporter or Hiroshi Fujiwara's in-house labels are considered more dope, it doesn't bother or waver my buying decision for Porter Tokyo or Headporter merchandises. To me fashion has always been abt been yourself, and not just hearing other opinions or copying others by having the herd amasses mentality.

Just my 2 cents worth of opinions. sorry for the wall of text btw. ;)

nice writeup : )

huhu84

Master Member
Reaction score
I see i see, nice wor I had always had a liking for the Porter HEAT series sia, always wanted to buy the Heat Shoulder tote for myself. Just curious, ur Heat series can tahan wet weather/rain? I'm looking for a range that's resistant to wet conditions, so at least during rainy weather I don't have to worry abt spoiling my bag and bringing alternatives out. My current Ounce series the material is not recommended for rainy days as a matter of fact, cos it's denim material.

can tahan i already put my bag to test liao last week lol

takuyazzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a point to note about the 3 way tanker briefcase.

it has a zip at the back of the bag, thus if u cross sling often, it has the tendency to rub against the back of your t-shirt, causing excessive wear (hairs) on that particular area.

a personal experience.

ic..thanks for the info, will take note :)

shiehjunde

Reaction score
Just went ot check out surrender and wisma PI..
nothing much interest me there leh..

Looking for a shoulder bag can fit A4.. :(

Last edited:

Todkie

Reaction score
hi hi...
anyone been to japan to buy headporter can tell me which store did u patronize and if its cheaper than the price quoted at head-porter.org, address appreciated if given =:p

Melicious

Master Member
Reaction score
hi hi...
anyone been to japan to buy headporter can tell me which store did u patronize and if its cheaper than the price quoted at head-porter.org, address appreciated if given =:p

I dunno whether the shop i got my porter japan sells headporter, but its located at La Qua. The shop name is La Pax. I got my bag 2000yen cheaper.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i wanna get the black beauty dots new waist bag. anybody in japan now? I checked coolcat but they don't have the bag there. and headporter.org is selling for 195USD.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.