HoNg KoNg TrIp...Hooray!!~~

eD|t|0n

Master Member
Reaction score
hey thanks man. I hope the pictures match what you get in the room.

Ya ya...I'm back 2 days ago...Let me give u a review of that USA Hostel:

Upon reaching @ 630pm...we paid the balance of the hotel charges..If u pay from credit card..additional 3% credit card charges...then we were told that if we wan window room then have to pay additional US$10 per night...then we a bit angry...thinking that window should not pay more mah...so we rejected them..

2nd point...they made us wait saying " If you dun wan window rm then you need to wait another 1hr more becoz we cleaning up the room. What crap...?!? We by right should check in @ 2pm...then now @ 7pm you telling me our rm not ready...haiz...

If you wanna stay window rm, you can check in now..My gf then angry say we wait...we put the luggage with them then proceed to jalan jalan along NATHAN ROAD...came back about 45min later...

Anyway forget to tell u...the in charge is PRC woman n man type..OKie back to story, We came back and were told we will be given a 3-man room becoz the 2man room is full therefore the next morning before we go out we need to come back to the information counter again to check whether there is spare 2man room. My gf DU LAN liao...damm stay 1 night then move to different room

When we go to the room Shock to the max...it was pure run down...it looks dirty n toilet is small, but we got a double bed n a single bed..but what for...2 person only right...I guess the PRC in charge knew we a bit DU LAN then offer saying " If tomoro got a window 2man rm, i will give it to u..." i doubt they so good la...

So I got to hear my gf complains for the whole night..saying she will NV stay in hostel again...but i think when u see the word HOSTEL...u muz know the standards they hv la..

Talking about the exteriors of the buildings...it looks very old...n you basically stay with the real Hongkers...n the building walkway is link along the same level...

Hot showers during the first night was good...constant flow of hot water, easy to control but the basin tape is lossen n if u r short u need to stand on the ledge in order to use it...

Bed - - Hard to Very hard...So if you'r into soft n comfy bed u can forget it...Although I'm a tough guy...i think i will prefer to sleep outfield on the soil then sleep on those beds man...had a hard time sleeping...at least soil is softer...keke +)

To 2nd day morning, went to look for the PRC man in charge, then the in charge told us...ya...our rm is cleaning so advice us to put our barang barangs in the rm then when we come back...the rm will be ready...as expected no window but but...this time...the rm is much better in terms of decor n shower...looks much much better...

Then heng eh...at least can appease my gf a bit...So off we go out till we return about 12mn...to our shock...the PRC woman in-charge that promise us a window rm...transfer our stuff to a window rm...

she told me..i told u yesterday that if possible i will arrange 1 window rm if got...so i got to keep my promise...apparently the PRC man in charge dun know mah...so a bit cock up there but at least she honour her word..

To the new room...bed still the same..but cleaniness n decor is much much better...Floor is wooden parque with a queen side bed...toilet is just beside with a small small make up table n a small chair..

Security is much better also..the 1st night is use keys...now is use sensor card...air con is operating well....hot showers this time hard to control the flow so got to get used to it...So i telling my gf...heng we dun be carrot head...pay additional US$40 to get view...anyway just to update u...there is not much good view anyway...becoz opposite side is construction site...

So from 2nd day to last day onwards...nothing much to comment...check out timing is 1130am...a tad early but dun worry if u got late flights out of hk...they do hv luggage services where u can place with them then do your last min shopping..

nickky23

Reaction score
hi guys, can update me? i will go hk in June28, planning to do SZ, but do i need to apply visa? the news really confusing...

w3nGaL

Reaction score
ermmm dunno if i can post this here. any taken turbojet before? i wanna take it and go back from Macau to HK during midnight.

However, it states on the website that is HK-MACAU, MACAU-HK. thus wanna enquire if the HK refers to kowloon or HK Island only?

I will be staying at Kowloon thus dunno if i should take turbojet during midnight, or stay over a nite or take first ferry around 8plus in the night. pls advise thanks!

icequeenz

Reaction score
ermmm dunno if i can post this here. any taken turbojet before? i wanna take it and go back from Macau to HK during midnight.

However, it states on the website that is HK-MACAU, MACAU-HK. thus wanna enquire if the HK refers to kowloon or HK Island only?

I will be staying at Kowloon thus dunno if i should take turbojet during midnight, or stay over a nite or take first ferry around 8plus in the night. pls advise thanks!

go to their website, on the left under Service Route Info, under Embarkation Terminals, or here: http://www.turbojet.com.hk/eng/route/embarkation.html

HK wold mean Hong Kong Macau Ferry Terminal, Sheung Wan.

the_gryffindor

Reaction score
we were told that if we wan window room then have to pay additional US$10 per night...
Security is much better also..the 1st night is use keys...now is use sensor card...air con is operating well....hot showers this time hard to control the flow so got to get used to it...So i telling my gf...heng we dun be carrot head...pay additional US$40 to get view...anyway just to update u...there is not much good view anyway...becoz opposite side is construction site...

quote]

Hey, so is it USD$10 for $40 more for a window room? Sounds like the hostel is only acceptable if you get the second type of room with parquet flooring and stuff, which comes only with a window room. But then again, it's still cheaper compared to other hotels.

the_gryffindor

Reaction score

The HK jetty which a bro mentioned is located in Sheung Wan, is on Hong Kong island not Kowloon. It's opposite HK MTR station. If you've got lots of luggage, then take a taxi from the train station and it will make a detour and U-turn to the ferry terminal. Shouldn't cost you more than HK$25.

Alternatively, you can take a taxi from outside the terminal to the MTR station. It should be relatively easy. There are lots of taxis in HK compared to Sg.

Last edited:

EquinOoX

Master Member
Reaction score
hi guys i just wanna check whats the famous lao zi hao for HK cafe style food. I see its shown on TV and i believe its 2 or 3 storeys.

w3nGaL

Reaction score
hey the gryffindor i quote the following;

It's opposite HK MTR station. If you've got lots of luggage, then take a taxi from the train station and it will make a detour and U-turn to the ferry terminal. Shouldn't cost you more than HK$25.

---> the train station u mentioned is the HK MTR station? and the detour to the ferry terminal here means which terminal?

and i quote the following;

Alternatively, you can take a taxi from outside the terminal to the MTR station. It should be relatively easy. There are lots of taxis in HK compared to Sg.

---> over here u are saying to take a cab from opp the ferry terminal at HK to which MTR station? izzit over to kowloon side?

sorry i am very slow and lousy comprehension =:p

to nickky23, from what i comprehen, if you are going to SZ any day from July 1st onwards, then u hv to apply the visa le. thus if u are going on 28th, 29th June etc then dun need to apply.

nickky23

Reaction score
to nickky23, from what i comprehen, if you are going to SZ any day from July 1st onwards, then u hv to apply the visa le. thus if u are going on 28th, 29th June etc then dun need to apply.

thanx to w3nGaL! my 4th annual trip to hk, but only this yr they implment the non visa free to SZ de... sianz .. anyway, will take note of the deadline hehe.

eD|t|0n

Master Member
Reaction score
we were told that if we wan window room then have to pay additional US$10 per night...

quote]

Hey, so is it USD$10 for $40 more for a window room? Sounds like the hostel is only acceptable if you get the second type of room with parquet flooring and stuff, which comes only with a window room. But then again, it's still cheaper compared to other hotels.

it's US$10 per night...so i stay 4 nights = US$40 more lor..:yawn:

ed_styler83

Reaction score

It's opposite HK MTR station. If you've got lots of luggage, then take a taxi from the train station and it will make a detour and U-turn to the ferry terminal. Shouldn't cost you more than HK$25.

---> the train station u mentioned is the HK MTR station? and the detour to the ferry terminal here means which terminal?

---> over here u are saying to take a cab from opp the ferry terminal at HK to which MTR station? izzit over to kowloon side?

sorry i am very slow and lousy comprehension =:p

Actually the Sheung Wan MTR station is just outside the Ferry Terminal. Cabs are plenty just below the Ferry Terminal.

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lots of the money changers in HK change commission. Better off to change in the banks.

yamcake

Master Member
Reaction score
hk dollar at chinatown going at 5.7

i change here... no need to worry when go there..

yamcake

Master Member
Reaction score
the one at people's park,
beside the soyabean shop...
quite famous la..
no need to bargain with them, fix rate.

the_gryffindor

Reaction score

Yes. The HK MTR Station. You need to get there to change lines to go to Kowloon. Or you may go to Sheung Wan MTR too. The ferry terminal refers to HK-Macau ferry terminal.

To HK MTR station. If you want, you can take a cab to Kowloon side too. It will cost too. So it depends on your budget and all.

sorry i am very slow and lousy comprehension =:p No worries...Just enjoy the city that never sleeps!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.