[[[[WELCOME TO HONG KONG~!!!!]]]]]

limeiyan1231

Reaction score
Limeiyan1231, would appreciate if u can tell me how to get to Tai Cheong Bakery if i were to take the MTR. It doesnt appear to be any MTR stations nearby. Whats the best way to get there? Are there any other nice egg tart shops apart from Tai Cheong Bakery? Thks! :)

Hi
Can go by MTR station "Central" and Pedder Stree Exit (shld be D2)
Pls see at map Green color Exit icon are MTR "Central Exit"

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23680573@N03/2496552180/

limeiyan1231

Reaction score
No problems. BTW, what do u call Light Rail in Cantonese? My last trip was end Feb to early March this year. I'll be dropping by again around Nov this year, straight from Taiwan. Really like the weather in HK during my last trip, with temp dropping down to lowest 6C (heavenly!!!). BTW, any nice HK dim sum places that u would recommend? The best i've tried is Maxim Palace at City Hall. Canton Deli at Gateway is also not bad. I find the very popular Chao Inn only average, though prices are very affordable.

we call 輕鐵for LTR, for Nov is great season to come! comfortable whether.
For dim sum places i recommend Toa Heng Super 88 (稻香超級漁港) , Causeway Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui, Mong Kok also got. Tao Heng also poppular in HK. depends which period you go, part of weekdays costs cheaper then weekend. I tried it before, no doubt they can provide good dim sum food. what dim sum u like the most?

limeiyan1231

Reaction score
More suggestion.

Personally, I prefer go Ocean park than Disney Park.
I never been to Disney Park cause so far got a lot undesired comment.
The price is higher than Ocean Park but not really value.
Neverthless, part of Disney maniac got alot of great memorise of it.

pic92.jpg

102.jpg

Ocean Park

20060900.jpg

045964.jpg

Disney HK~

mat2882

Reaction score
Need Help!

Hi there, i need ur help badly!!! i will be travelling to hong kong soon and i have no idea on where to go there... Can u suggest me places of interests that are must go and foods that are must eat? i will be staying in mongkok area.

limeiyan1231

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

my budget is around sin $60, services apartment for family of 3 .

Around HKD$330 / night.
I know some service apartment around $200/ night which is at causeway bay but i dun think can includ 3 adult. If 3 adult sleep in same bed, Maybe a little bit crowed.
Beside, these rooms always rent to a couples for "FUN":s7: (Just want let you know, this is important if you go with child, right?)

If you don't mind, I can tell you more details of it.

limeiyan1231

Reaction score
Hi there, i need ur help badly!!! i will be travelling to hong kong soon and i have no idea on where to go there... Can u suggest me places of interests that are must go and foods that are must eat? i will be staying in mongkok area.

Why don't you go peak at night for sight seeing at Hong Kong Night View. It's really wonderful.
If you stay at Mong Kok, you may go Women Street/ Fa Yuen Street/ Temple Street@ Night/ Longham Place. Go Women Street/ Fa Yuen Street/ Temple Street please remeber to have a bargain fun.;) Try to ask 50%off.

Go Tsim Sha Tsui if you want to shopping for more trendy and fashion stuff. Will spend more expensive than Mong Kok.

Go Ocean Park for a day, will give a lot of fun.

Must try our egg tart and milk tea in our cantonese resturant.
Must go "Ki Tsui Cake Shop" as i mentioned before. Try out their "Siu Ben"
Must go "Lang Kwai Fong@ Central" if you like night club.

abutan

Reaction score
hello!

I plan to go HK soon I have a budget of $150 per night for hotel. May I know which hotel you would recommend? As I have not been to HK before, may I know which part of HK can I have the best fashion clothings? Where is the place in HK that's comparable to our Orchard Road?

Thanks!

thewiseone

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok, i'll be sure to drop by Tao Heung next trip for dim sum! I dont have any particular favourite dim sum, basically i take (sorry dont have a chinese keyboard) egg tarts, wu kok, hum sui kok, har kow, siew mai, etc. Apart from dim sum, i also like the cha chan teng food. Use to drop by the cha chan teng at Parkes Street (diagonally opposite the Mai Wen Ji Wanton Noodle). The home cooked styled dishes are mouth watering. Salted fish with minced pork, ham vegetable soup, xo sauce scallop, prawns, etc.! :s22:

Speaking of Cha Chan Teng, i was looking forward to find this one at Tai Koo. Its a Macau Cha Chan Teng which is supposed well known, featured in the HK Tai Koo Mei Sek food program. Unfortunately, the program did not show the exact address, just that its located at Tai Koo Shing Rd. Some well known dishes are Macau salted fish, pork chop bun, etc. I hunted high and low but could not find it. Any ideas?

Thks!!!

we call 輕鐵for LTR, for Nov is great season to come! comfortable whether.
For dim sum places i recommend Toa Heng Super 88 (稻香超級漁港) , Causeway Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui, Mong Kok also got. Tao Heng also poppular in HK. depends which period you go, part of weekdays costs cheaper then weekend. I tried it before, no doubt they can provide good dim sum food. what dim sum u like the most?

RobinYip

Reaction score
limeiyan i wonder are you qqspot? that hero still owe me a small sum of money yet still to return me...

mat2882

Reaction score
Wow! thanks for ur help! btw ur definition of cantonese restaurant izzit cha chan ting?
I reckon there is a wax museum in hong kong right? izzit a must go place too? if yes, can u tell me the location and transportation there?
Why don't you go peak at night for sight seeing at Hong Kong Night View. It's really wonderful.
If you stay at Mong Kok, you may go Women Street/ Fa Yuen Street/ Temple Street@ Night/ Longham Place. Go Women Street/ Fa Yuen Street/ Temple Street please remeber to have a bargain fun.;) Try to ask 50%off.

Go Tsim Sha Tsui if you want to shopping for more trendy and fashion stuff. Will spend more expensive than Mong Kok.

Go Ocean Park for a day, will give a lot of fun.

Must try our egg tart and milk tea in our cantonese resturant.
Must go "Ki Tsui Cake Shop" as i mentioned before. Try out their "Siu Ben"
Must go "Lang Kwai Fong@ Central" if you like night club.

nickky23

Reaction score
HI~
When you're interested in Gucci, prada, miumiu etc, HK got a shop call "TWIST" which is locate at Causeway Bay "World trade Centre" and Tsim Sha Tsui "THE SUN ARCADE" near DFS. They always offer a sales more then DFS or Gucci, Coach boutique itself. Normally, They sell those product cheaper then purchase at DFS or boutique.:D

cool! will bring my gf to this TWIST and check it out when we go hk this coming June 28th, cos she wanted to buy a bag from gucci

thanx alot! =:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.